Legoroni

Track Storage

How do you guys store your track?

Please help, I need enlightenment! :classic:

Either separate pieces in a box with a lid on it :wink: ...or either in a layout covered with a large plastic foil-sheet between two long wooden sticks.... :sadnew:

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Hi Legoroni, it is a simple but effective way to cover your layout with foil. It prevents your city against dust. Especially when you take close-up pictures of your city, to post them here on EB, it is important that the Lego is at least clean... Foil is also cheap; use the stuff painters use to cover furniture or something...it is thin and light, so it will also not damage your larger buildings.

Another advantage of this thin foil is the price. Cheap foil makes you able to spent more money on Lego instead of other minor things.... :tongue:

Greetz, LegoSjaak

I keep my track and collection in plastic totes. If you don't want to spend $10-20 bucks on one, cardboard boxes will also do. I keep my RC track in there default_classic.gif

It depends on what kind of track. At the moment I just have 9V and RC track. We have a whole bunch of Curver Uniboxes to store all LEGO, so also the tracks. Straight track is put away in segments of 4 most of the time.

26815-groot.jpg

I use 20L boxes for most of the LEGO (they are easier to fit in the car for events and fit nicely in these:

Opbergrek_141858.jpg?view=Standard&imageManipulation=true&maintainRatio=true&pixelsY=357&pixelsX=357

Our attic has two rows of 5 of these (3 20L boxes fit nicely next to each other).

I don't have a permanent layout yet, but I'll probably try that foil idea for my wip city.

Right now I only have a bit of 9V track. I really need to buy a PF train that comes with track.

I store mine in lengts of 2, and if you alternate them (one facing up the next down) than they take up less space

I store mine in lengts of 2, and if you alternate them (one facing up the next down) than they take up less space

Hey, the lengths of 2 is what I do! Fix perfectly in bankers cardboard storage box. Like Home_S said, alternating them allows alot to track to be stored!

How do you guys store your track?

Please help, I need enlightenment! :classic:

Hello Legoroni!

I store my 400+ pieces of 9V tracks & switches in paper cardboard boxes beyond exhibition season :classic: ( At exhibition season >> See here ):

cimg3974.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg3975.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg3976.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg3977.jpg_thumb.jpg

Each box has 24 cell, each cell has a capacity for 8 pieces of straight or curve tracks (with just the same technic like Homer_S :thumbup: wrote: with one facing up, then next facing down on it >> less space reqired!), so if you want: you can fill them full with 192 per box!

( It has originally a box for a sort of soldered PCB cards, these are obtainable for free - I've got them for free - at some electronic wholesale shop, as they are just paper waste / packing materials :classic: )

Very stable, easy to move (it has holes for handling), and you can close it (no dust!).. etc.

Other members of our club store they track pulling away of 2 or 4 - like JopieK - and set them in original LEGO boxes (some SW LEGO box has exatcly the same size for 4x tracks).

Very time-efficient when you set up or disassemble a layout like this:

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=486261

*huh**oh2*:wub:

Edited by Kisvakond