Sign in to follow this  
Alexgri

Problem with MLCad and Lpub

Good evening all,

I just finished to create a 3 floor house with Leocad where I used tan bricks for all the walls.

When I exported to MLCad to shot some images all the bricks were gray and the color used was "unusued".

Another problem that I've with MLCad is that I cannot pass through the step, the image showed in the main view and lateral is always the completed model's one.

What can I do to have all bricks in the same color once exported?

Why the steps don't work?

The third problem is LPub: if I open my model in .lcd format file, once opened it miss different windows glass. Why LPub miss them?

I hope you can help me!

Thank you very much! :)

It is almost impossible to diagnose the problem without the file, but I'll have a go at it.

In LDRAW files, the colour is indicated by a number: the second number on the line. The number ML-CAD uses for tan is 19. If LEOCAD uses a different number for tan, MLCAD won't recognise it as such. There's an easy workaround: if you open the LDRAW file in question using a text editor, you should be able to replace the wrong number with 19, either manually or with a suitable replace command. You should be careful with the latter to write the replace command such that it doesn't change other instances of the number in question; just the ones that are preceded by 1, since the first number on a line in which a part is placed is always 1. If the wrong colour number is, say, 42, for instance, you could try replacing "1 42" with "1 19".

MLCAD will only cycle through steps if the steps are defined in the LDRAW file, which is done by having lines with "0 STEP" in the file.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ralph

Good evening all,

I just finished to create a 3 floor house with Leocad where I used tan bricks for all the walls.

When I exported to MLCad to shot some images all the bricks were gray and the color used was "unusued".

Another problem that I've with MLCad is that I cannot pass through the step, the image showed in the main view and lateral is always the completed model's one.

What can I do to have all bricks in the same color once exported?

Why the steps don't work?

The third problem is LPub: if I open my model in .lcd format file, once opened it miss different windows glass. Why LPub miss them?

I hope you can help me!

Thank you very much! :)

Although I've been using digital building tools for many years, I am very unfamiliar with Leocad. (I did install it yesterday, just to see what it was like.) However, when I did a quick test, it did look like Leocad wasn't giving Tan bricks the proper color, when saving a .ldr file. If that's the only color that isn't being saved properly, I'd suggest using the "select same color" feature, selecting all of the bricks, and changing the color of all of them at once. For the window glass, you'll probably just have to find the equivalent piece in MLcad, and replace the missing pieces.

If you have any other questions, please ask!

[Edit: Ninja'd due to starting the post this morning, and not posting it till this afternoon...]

Edited by Classicsmiley

Hi guys, after nearly a year I revive this topic :) .

I'm having problems with Mlcad. When I add different steps I'm not allowed to see them displayed. I mean, when I click the "next" arrow, I don't see any piece added, but I always see the TOTAL constructions, even if the model was divided into steps..

Why? How can I solve this problem?

Thank you very much,

Happy NY!

Could you maybe share the file? If it isn't working properly here too, it's probably a file based error, if it's working here correctly, it's your mlcad that has the problem.

I think though, that it is your mlcad.

It happens on every file. I reinstalled Mlcad about 3times but I always have the same problem... Btw I used Mlcad's installer.

Any idea? :(

Thanks!

Well, I certainly don't have any idea what the problem could be. You can try to ask this question in the official LDraw forum, there's also Michael Lachmann, the creator of MLcad :classic:

I'm having problems with Mlcad. When I add different steps I'm not allowed to see them displayed. I mean, when I click the "next" arrow, I don't see any piece added, but I always see the TOTAL constructions, even if the model was divided into steps..

I think that the problem you have is that your MLCad is in Edit mode (set square and ruler icon). Steps are only active in View mode (stack of landscape images icon)

I think that the problem you have is that your MLCad is in Edit mode (set square and ruler icon). Steps are only active in View mode (stack of landscape images icon)

THAT was the problem! Sigh, I'm feeling a little blind ahah, I didn't notice the small icon!

Thank you very much "Philo" :D