ADHO15

The Mirror Of Erised

Hello everyone!

Today I present to you my entry for the Harry Potter Community Build: the Mirror of Erised.

moe_04.jpg

From Harry Potter Wiki:

The Mirror of Erised is a mirror, which, according to Albus Dumbledore, shows the "deepest and most desperate desire of one's heart." The happiest person in the world would look in the mirror and see a reflection of exactly the way he or she is. Inscribed across the top of the frame is the following text: Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi. Reversing the inscription and rearranging the spaces produces: I show not your face but your heart's desire.

moe_05.jpg

moe_06.jpg

The room measures 16 x 16 studs and is based on the one seen in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

moe_07.jpg

moe_08.jpg

moe_09.jpg

moe_10.jpg

moe_11.jpg

I think I know what I'd see in the mirror, but what about you?

I look forward to seeing the rest of the Community Build entries.

Comments and criticisms appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by ADHO15

Another great addition to the Community Build, ADHO15! :sweet:

It depicts the scene from the book/film perfectly. I really like that fact that you decided tot to add any crates, chests or othe rubbish here, but left the room empty. It adds a feeling of loneliness to the scene.

Great job! :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

Pretty good start, but although I know the mirror's storage room was empty, this feels just a bit too empty for me. For example, in order to give the walls some texture, you could throw in a few darker colored bricks. A portrait or Hogwarts flag or two would be nice too. A discarded chair or a suit of armor would fill out the room nicely too, but that might be too much. Also, I don't like how the round collumns go into square holes in the ground. I would fill those holes with plates. Other than that, nice work! :thumbup:

Another great addition to the Community Build, ADHO15! :sweet:

It depicts the scene from the book/film perfectly. I really like that fact that you decided tot to add any crates, chests or othe rubbish here, but left the room empty. It adds a feeling of loneliness to the scene.

Great job! :thumbup:

Thank you very much, my friend. I'm very glad you like it. :classic:

Very nice! I love how it is empty...mysterious...

Thanks a lot!

Pretty good start, but although I know the mirror's storage room was empty, this feels just a bit too empty for me. For example, in order to give the walls some texture, you could throw in a few darker colored bricks. A portrait or Hogwarts flag or two would be nice too. A discarded chair or a suit of armor would fill out the room nicely too, but that might be too much. Also, I don't like how the round collumns go into square holes in the ground. I would fill those holes with plates. Other than that, nice work! :thumbup:

Thank you for your comments, Oky, but I agree with the above remarks more than yours. The room is supposed to be empty, so that's how I kept it. Besides, the arches in the middle of the room help to fill it up a bit.

The walls should be pretty much the same colour all over, so I kept it that way; plus I used mostly 1x2x5 bricks due to a lack of tan bricks, so slotting in odd-coloured bricks wouldn't have been so easy.

I would have raised the walls above the tiles, but I don't have long at home with my LEGO so I don't want to be ripping apart all my models to find a few grey plates. The build doesn't suffer much without them, in my opinion.

Thank you.

Overall, a good addition to the community build.

The room is very empty and plain. But it not being used much, it probably wouldn't have much character anyway. Using the tall tan bricks makes sense. I thought about doing that in part of my own build, but then I added some texture pieces in tan to break up the walls while still maintaining the same color scheme.

Keep up the good work.

The only thing I could picture in the mirror behind me is lots more lego. :tongue: Otherwise I would see myself just as I am.

Overall, a good addition to the community build.

The room is very empty and plain. But it not being used much, it probably wouldn't have much character anyway. Using the tall tan bricks makes sense. I thought about doing that in part of my own build, but then I added some texture pieces in tan to break up the walls while still maintaining the same color scheme.

Keep up the good work.

The only thing I could picture in the mirror behind me is lots more lego. :tongue: Otherwise I would see myself just as I am.

Thank you. :classic:

That's good. I'm pretty sure that everybody here would see a few bricks in theirs. :tongue: