Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Brick-built Roman Lion

Anybody else tried using the head piece to make a lion like this?

6729102093_e0c4447d86_z.jpg

AC

PS. Photo replaced with better angle.

That's cool, and to answer your question, no. Can we see another shot, maybe a little further out, perhaps? :laugh: Or is this another famous AC teaser shots?

That's cool, and to answer your question, no. Can we see another shot, maybe a little further out, perhaps? :laugh: Or is this another famous AC teaser shots?

Very nice! I wouldn't have though of using those half arches.

Great!

Looks superb. :blush:

I like it. Haven't seen this before. Great idea!

Thanks all for your comments, I've just replaced the photo with a better angle and lighting.

AC

Nice! I would love to see the rest of the building...

Me too!

This seem to be a small and nice piece of a bigger and even nicer building! :classic:

I've tried to build such a lion many times, but have never really successed... Nice work! Though its paws should look better without "teeth\horn" pieces)

It looks good! Will you post pics of the rest of the building?

Nice! I would love to see the rest of the building...

Me too!

This seem to be a small and nice piece of a bigger and even nicer building! :classic:

The background building is the MOC that I'm still working and will be done in a week or two.

I've tried to build such a lion many times, but have never really successed... Nice work! Though its paws should look better without "teeth\horn" pieces)

I'm still trying some mods with the front legs and will be revealed in the completed MOC.

AC

That is one cool lion. It looks like it belongs in front of a library! It also reminds me of the Sphinx, only with a lion head. I'll bet there's a way to switch heads. Definitely top notch, ACPin!

And someone has a MOC that I will be checking for in the next few weeks. Just from what we can see in the background, that is going to be one sweet building. Yay, Romans!

I also have a lion that I've been meaning to post, but I'll start another topic. I'm not sure it would be appropriate to post a MOC in someone else's thread about their MOC.

I saw a lion along the lines of what you've got there awhile ago in a castle MOC. The one I'm referring to was laying flatter to the ground. Yours looks good, but so did this other one. I'll see if I can't find a picture.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Found it.

l15.jpg

It's a bit blurry, but still can be made out and replicated.

That is one cool lion. It looks like it belongs in front of a library! It also reminds me of the Sphinx, only with a lion head. I'll bet there's a way to switch heads. Definitely top notch, ACPin!

And someone has a MOC that I will be checking for in the next few weeks. Just from what we can see in the background, that is going to be one sweet building. Yay, Romans!

I also have a lion that I've been meaning to post, but I'll start another topic. I'm not sure it would be appropriate to post a MOC in someone else's thread about their MOC.

Yes, that's still a WIP. Check the other post for an update.

I saw a lion along the lines of what you've got there awhile ago in a castle MOC. The one I'm referring to was laying flatter to the ground. Yours looks good, but so did this other one. I'll see if I can't find a picture.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Found it.

-snip-

It's a bit blurry, but still can be made out and replicated.

Thanks for the pic but I've already some the mods to the front legs and will reveal it when the MOC is completed in a separate post.

AC

That's damn funky! I'm not sure why I never really considered using those lion face pieces to make an actual lion statue...