Sign in to follow this  
BeKindRewind

MOC: Gotham City - Arkham Asylum

Welcome back everyone! This the end of the road for my Gotham City...quite literally as you will see later. This is the fourth part in my series detailing my Gotham City layout as I have it displayed. I feel that I must first give an apology. If you were expecting some massive Arkham Asylum with lots of intricate details and cells - this is not it. I mentioned in my first post that parts of my Gotham are more MOD than MOC, and nothing is more MOD than my Arkham Asylum. I actually happen to love the original Arkham with it's brown and black color scheme. I pretty much just plopped it down into my Gotham City and built everything up around it. Yes, I added some connectors between the different buildings as well as some landscaping, but the buildings themselves are pretty much the same as the original set. I hope you will forgive me. There is still some surprise MOCing at the end of the post, however, so stay tuned!

For the most part, I'm going to let the pictures of Arkham speak for themselves:

01_arkham_asylum.jpg

02_gate.jpg

03_front.jpg

04_in_the_yard.jpg

05_the_tower.jpg

06_birds_eye_view.jpg

And now Batman's Rogues Gallery. Here is a picture of nearly all of them in my collection:

07_rogues_gallery.jpg

Killer Croc and Poison Ivy in their natural habitat:

11_poison_ivy_and_croc.jpg

Some of my custom villains: Riddler (obviously only the cane is custom), Victor Zsasz, Firefly, and Black Mask. Not shown is Clayface, but he's in the other pics.

12_custom_criminals.jpg

I've also made Talia Al Ghul and her son Damian Wayne from the League of Assassins:

14_talia_and_damian.jpg

For those who don't know Damian, here is a reference pic:

[362px-Damian_al_Ghul_010.jpg

Why do I put Damian in with the villains? Isn't he Bruce Wayne's son, the new Robin, and even destined to take Bruce's place as Batman in Morrison's future? Partly because I don't care for Morrison's work but mostly because he fits in with his mother and the ninjas so well.

There is one more villain possibly hated by Batman more than any other. A villain that set little Bruce on a path towards vigilantism. Nestled between the police station and Arkham Asylum (obviously not the real location in the comics) is Crime Alley, where Bruce's parents were gunned down by one JOE CHILL!!!

15_crime_alley.jpg

16_thomas_and_martha.jpg

20_crime_alley.jpg

And a future Bruce Wayne remembers . . .

19_bruce_remembers.jpg

I wanted to give a sense of claustrophobia so I really tried to cram the alley in there. Unfortunately, this also makes picture-taking much more difficult.

And one last picture of Crime Alley and Arkham without the inmates:

21_arkham_without_criminals.jpg

And that is the end of my Gotham City!!! I hope you all enjoyed my display.

Check out a few more pics and angles in my Brickshelf folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=494150

A number of people (1 is a number, right?) have asked if I will be including any of the new Batman design elements into my MOCs. Truth be told, while I will be getting all the new sets (and multiples of a few) I don't see a lot of room to add too much. I will change Poison Ivy's hair to the new one (love the new hair but prefer the old body), add in Riddler's hat, put the Kryptonite on display in the Batcave, and maybe, just maybe, I'll tinker with the Batmobile. But that's about it, I think. But we shall see with future waves, however.

Have a nice day!

my_gotham_city.jpg

Great work there, even if it is just a MOD. Crime Alley looks great, as do some of you customs. I'm really going to have to resist copying your Firefly. And is it just me, or does Damian remind anyone else of Lloyd Garmadon :look:

Have a nice day!

And you too! :classic::grin:

Edited by Superficial Username

Sheesh talk about silly villians! All they have to do is look down the road to see where Batman's secret lair is!

>.>

<.<

Impressed as usual. Good job man.

I was expecting the Wayne Mansion to go on top of the Batcave, but I was pleasantly surprised by this!

Great job! :sweet:

That's really cool. I wouldn't consider this a MOD, you've changed it more than enough to make the original set unnoticeable. The spear fence is a nice touch. Seeing everything together is awesome.

Thanks again, everyone!

Lance, I don't typically like to alter official Lego pieces or use non-Lego stickers, but there are a small number of exceptions in my set-up, the worst offense being Riddler's staff. Lego has yet to give us any good substitute so I cut the ball off the end of the 30395 "Hook with Towball", glued it to the technic flick-fire pin and painted the whole thing yellow.

Superficial Username, I don't mind if you copy my Firefly. Unless someone is somehow making money off my MOCs, I don't care who takes an idea or two from them.

Thanks again, everyone!

Lance, I don't typically like to alter official Lego pieces or use non-Lego stickers, but there are a small number of exceptions in my set-up, the worst offense being Riddler's staff. Lego has yet to give us any good substitute so I cut the ball off the end of the 30395 "Hook with Towball", glued it to the technic flick-fire pin and painted the whole thing yellow.

Superficial Username, I don't mind if you copy my Firefly. Unless someone is somehow making money off my MOCs, I don't care who takes an idea or two from them.

Where'd you get the Clayface piece from?

Just beautiful!! Seeing this truly make me regret missing all the Batman sets when it came out....

Thanks Ceroknight for answering Neville Longbottem. Yes, it is from Rock Raiders.

Masked Builder, there is an interior to Arkham, but I realized only after I started posting that I didn't take pictures of it. It is the exact same as the original interior, however. I will try to snap some quick pics later today when I get a chance.

I like your firefly, clayface, mr. emo zsasz and it's a great usage of the hogwarts uniform on little Bruce, who is in the batcave and the dark alley at the same time *huh* haha, I love this

Wow...I have just stumbled across your full Gotham MOC and I am astounded...its brilliant!

I love your restrained Asylum as it fits better with the overall layout!