Sign in to follow this  
legomilk

New creator from 2007

Tks Legomilk for this great find ;-)

I am really not impressed by the models apart that house *wub*

For me I think its really some reheated material- each year there will be the same inspiration: planes, cars... BORING !!

I shall move this to the non system forum ;-)

*yoda*

that house is really great, even though it's hardly anything really different to the last one :-$

the f-14... hm... aren't these guys a bit late with that model? the type is almost completely phased out from active duty... :-|

the yellow car doesn't look very interesting to me :-/

the smaller sets look like classic pods without the plastic box... :-X :'-( g... the only thing i really need X-D

Over all, nice parts sources. Though the 4916 needs a better selection of odd parts in thoe tan, which it does not deliver.

the f-14... hm... aren't these guys a bit late with that model? the type is almost completely phased out from active duty... hmpf.gif

Probably a model that's been sitting on the backburner, released only now because of the current news reports of it's decomission.

Monkey is a must-buy. The rest...meh. They're not animals, and for some reason don't interest me. Apart from that robot. That one's good.

Seriously, how can you guys be impressed by that "thing" (4916) whatever it is !! Ugly comes to mind instead of monkey |-/

*yoda*

I love October. Not only is it the baseball playoffs, but new LEGO set pics showing up everywhere *sweet*

I like the house. It looks a lot like 4886, but is a good continuation of the "Creator" line and addition of "City".

The F14-like fighter doesn't look special because that type of plane really isn't new, and the idea book for 4403 had an alternate model pic in it (just the pic, no instructions) which looked better, to be honest.

The rest look like nice parts packs (lotsa 1x1 slopes!) - if the price is right, that is.

Well, 15 to 18 are Xpods, basically. They seem to be a good crop... as good or beter than previous years.

The house is excellent - not a must have if you have Building Bonanza from last year, but a worthy variant. The roof certainly is more interesting.

The plane is ... MEH. Never cared for them. This won't change my mind. I hate angle plates.

The car is the successor to Gear Grinders - It seems OK.

I imagine I will buy all of these. Designers/Creator is by far my favourite line these days.

Creator is looking pretty good next year.

Though the house is kinda more of the same.

I like the plane and the car.

My favorites are the x-pods, those look like great little sets. :-)

Wow. The plane and the car really caught my eye.

I'm interested in the plethora of 1x1 slope bricks that come with the car, and the set doesn't look like it's going to be terribly big or expensive either.

And yeah, the house looks pretty much like the old one.

Wow, there are already a couple of topics of new sets to come in 2007! I can't wait!

As for these new creator sets, I think they are pretty good. I can use some of them to decorate my desk.

At first, I set my eyes on the new car set, but the more I look at it, the more my liking of it goes down. The look seems very stilted...similar to a fusion of a Porche and a Lamborgini. I personally think it isn't a good mix, but you'll never know. It might actually look better in person than in the photos. (Partly because sometimes the photos are taken at very arkward angles.)

Then here comes the house set. Its is extremely similar to Building Bonanza both in scale and design. The newer set, however, with the addition of a garage, seems much more pleasing to the eye. One thing I am wondering, though, is there a door to the garage? I can't seem to make one out, or is there a black door? Even if there is, however, I am also certain that it will not feature the sliding version, as this piece is a specialty part. If it is a sliding door, it will be a pleasant surprise!

The fighter jet looks alright, but there just seems to be something missing. It looks so plain. The front/cockpit area looks too long and wide compared to the plane's fuselage. Also, the colors make it look like a jet used in air-shows instead of a F-14. (Which I know goes againt TLG's rule about no war-related sets.)

The rest of the sets do seem like X-pods without the plastic holders, are not appealing to me. The sets are good in parts (there are many uncommon parts) selection, but they compromise on the design. For example, I would have never seen the resemblance of the monkey set. Another thing I was wondering, how is the monkey's head attached to the body? Most likely it will use a combination of pieces instead of a new hinge, but will this allow the head to move freely, or is it made to remain in this position and cannot be moved.

That was just my first thoughts on these sets. Most likely, they will change as we get more pictures/information, all-in-all, 2007 is going to be another good, and profitable year for LEGO.

P.S. I haven't posted for quite a long time and it feels good to have some time on my hands off from high school to finally post something! And thanks for reading my somewhat long post. *sweet*

4956 is a definative must buy - nice looks, great parts. I'm still kicking myself for not buying more 4886's. The other sets aren't of that much interest, though I might buy a couple of those monkeys for parts.

It would have been nice if 4956 actually had a different coloured roof then 4886 though - more part variation. Green or Black would have been ideal. But then, we can dream.

It would have been nice if 4956 actually had a different coloured roof then 4886 though - more part variation. Green or Black would have been ideal. But then, we can dream.

or blue, or brown or anything...

I get annoyed when people are overly negative but why why why is that set so close to the building bonanza? Why can't we have a variety of colors in windows, roof pieces, fences and arches? And why are we useing those old chain link fences instead of the newer

30055.gif?

Factory and PAB are great but I like more natural colors and I can't bring myself to start stocking bley or frown.

Did I just coin a new phrase for reddish brown? fake + brown = frown!

Yes! I'm a phrase coiner, unless I'm wrong and someone else already coined it. Anyway, before I go too far into pining for the classic colors, let me say that I want a different colored house. I guess that's all I'm saying. I shall only buy three 4956's. |-/ ! Hmpf indeed!

Anyway, what is that garage made of? Are those black garage rollers? I also like the gutters they added. I'm so excited and thanks for the pic!

I'm interested in the plethora of 1x1 slope bricks that come with the car, and the set doesn't look like it's going to be terribly big or expensive either.
The rest look like nice parts packs (lotsa 1x1 slopes!) - if the price is right, that is.

I'm increasingly starting to realize that I'm buying new sets SOLELY based on how many 1x1 slopes they have.

Looks like I might not be alone in this addiction. : D

xwingyoda Posted Today, 03:04 PM

Seriously, how can you guys be impressed by that "thing" (4916) whatever it is !! Ugly comes to mind instead of monkey

I'd say people were just kidding around with some in-joke, but it's not April Fool's Day. What people see in it, I have NO idea. 8-

what puzzles me is why we always get yellow cars *wacko* boys like blue, girls like yellow... that's how it's always been, don't see any reason why that would be the other way around these days... if the 'aged 8-12 boy' is their main target then i think it's time some one tells them their cars are supposed to be blue...

I'm guessing (at least with this year anyway) is that there's a surplus of yellow parts, thanks to the Aquaraiders line.

Or perhaps yellow is somehow less expensive?

Ok, I have no idea lol.

the only one i am going to get is the house..

i already have building bonanza and this dosent look all that different..

white basic bricks....again

red roof....again

black windows.....again

so is this really "new"?? i was wishing for something different..

i am a bit dissapointed by this.. :-/

sets dont impress. i'll probably just get the house set sincei didnt get building bonanza. :-/

the car is horrendously ugly. the ferrari 2006 and the black sports car 2006 are much better.

hmm, can't say i'm interested in any of them. Just makes me want to rush out and buy another set or three of 4886 though! especialy since the new house seems to have no back wall? and possibly alot of 4x2 type bricks rather than 4x1 type. But i wouldn't mind some black fences for variety...

Looks nice, but nothing spectacular like the new City, AR, or SW.

The F-14 looks kind of Meh, mabey it's the colors I dont like.

The house looks pretty good, problably the best of the bunch although I agree it would be nicer a little more different than BB, a black roof would be great. And it would be nice if it had floor, or mayby there is a floor but it's just covered with grass.

And why are we useing those old chain link fences instead of the newer

30055.gif?

I agree with you about the colors, and the guters and liters look good too, but I perfer the cross-hatch "latice" chain-link fence, the new one looks too much like prison bars.

I might get this since I dont have BB.

The car looks kind of ugly, and I don't like my cars in yellow, but in this instance I wouldn't like in in black either, although it does have some interesting moonroof kind of thing going on.

Of the four pod-less X-pods the steamshovel and monkey look the best, the first for the originality and the second for the parts and technique. But it is hard to imagine TLC making a set that small, its got to have an alternate model or something. I'll problably be getting the monkey.

Here's the prices in Euros:

LEGO Creator 4939 Cool Autos (€9.99)

LEGO Creator 4956 LEGO House (€49.99)

LEGO Creator 4953 Speedy Flyers (€19.99)

And here's a guess at what the prices will likely be in Dollars/Pounds

LEGO Creator 4939 Cool Autos (

boys like blue, girls like yellow...

Are these findings scientific?

what puzzles me is why we always get yellow cars

4896-1.jpg

7781-1.jpg

7890-1.jpg

7891-1.jpg

7900-1.jpg

4415-1.jpg

4891-1.jpg

I took a random sampling of the vehicles released in 2006 and it doesn't appear to me that we always get yellow. Sorry if it sounds liking I'm being a smart mouth. I can assure you that it's only because I'm being a smart mouth. ;-)