Sign in to follow this  
Dakar A

Studwell City (Update)

indexed.gif Layout

Ciao!

Back in 2011, I posted this with a mild response. Now I'm back for round two. After getting some more sets, photography experience, time, and editing experience, I've re-photographed my city. You be the judge

studwell.jpg

The city is built up on a puzzle board, and a modular scaffoling system I threw together.

30.jpg

As you drive down main street, you will see shoping, fire and police services, a pet shop, a grocer, a videogame store, and apartment buildings. It seems that in my photography efforts, I murdered a few figs... oops :devil: !

02.jpg

If you take a look to your right, you will see the police department, Pet Shop, Monster Games,and Redbrick apartments.

03.jpg

I personally think the facades fit very well together. What's your opinion? Tell me in the comments!

08.jpg

And if you take a look to your left, you will see the Green Grocer, the Reserve at Studweel and Firehouse apartments. (Yellow and Red builings, respectively)

09.jpg

10.jpg

06.jpg

The new Bricktist hospital has been renovated since its opening in 2007, with a fountian out front, and more space on both sides, making it a contender for hospital of the year!

16.jpg

With a response time of 30 seconds or less, the Studwell fire department has received generous donations toward keeping the old firehouse, wile making it a viable service in the 21st century.

28.jpg

We are all proud of our men and women in blue, with their friendly smiles and devotion to justice. They are so eager, some of them even jump into their cars! :tongue:

17.jpg

The street corner, with my own custom designed streetlamps, inspired by my neighborhood.

15.jpg

The psotman delivers just about everything, anywhere, but for a price... :wink:

18.jpg

The bus stops are new and modern, seems like it it might be a good idea for me to build a bus..

22.jpg

And a Cherry picker with electrician, doing his job with a SMILE! :thumbup:

00.jpg

Thanks for reading this and leaving the Friends for a little while :laugh:. Please tell me what you think in the comments: what you want to see next time, any improvements, whatever you can think of.

More pictures on my Brickshelf

Kudos,

Dakar

Edited by Phred
Edited out oversized pics

Very nice job, Dakar.

However, your pictures are much too large. I've changed them to links. Please resize them and add them back, so that everyone can enjoy your city. :sweet:

Very nice town so far Dakar. I have all the same modulars as you, so my town is fairly similar(GE and FB in the same location as you) though my PS is on the other side of the GE and I have my car dealership next to the FB.

I love the little details in your town, like the street lights and the road signs. I also like the lively scene you've created.

Thanks for all the nice comments, tedbeard, Ricecracker, and Bootz. In response to your post Ricecracker, I hope to have the reduced images up by tonight. I used a group photo re-sizer, and it must have missed a few images! :wacko:

Kudos,

Dakar

Nice arrangement with many lively scenes, such as the hydrant or the fountain fisherman. :)

Great work 'Dakar', keep expanding it...though the overhead street signs need a bit of work, tiled and a printed sticker would look better...but it's your city so have it the way you want it 'Dakar'....Brick On ! :classic:

Very nice job, Dakar.

However, your pictures are much too large. I've changed them to links. Please resize them and add them back, so that everyone can enjoy your city. :sweet:

Got the fixed! Thanks Ricecracker!

Dakar