Sign in to follow this  
Blake Baer

MOC: LOTR The Hobbit creations

Alright laddies! Those of you on CCC and who follow me on flickr/MOCpages know about my series that I did for the CCC on Classic Castle. For those who don't, For the CCC this year, I decided to try something a bit new. I connected all of the categories with different scenes from the book by JRR Tolkien, The Hobbit. And so then, I just made the scenes in LEGO form and submitted them as entries. Having known about the LOTR license coming up, I thought it would fit perfectly in with the timing.

So here they are, in order of date posted.

6359419625_075ec6c15b.jpg

Roast Mutton by Blake's Baericks, on Flickr

6384839847_bdc15664a0.jpg

Riddles in the Dark by Blake's Baericks, on Flickr

6401049187_ee3b377d8d.jpg

Queer Lodgings by Blake's Baericks, on Flickr

6443331491_072bc0b766.jpg

Flies and Spiders by Blake's Baericks, on Flickr

6456060601_41d9429806.jpg

Barrels out of Bond by Blake's Baericks, on Flickr

6507948945_1f6f86f0f8.jpg

A Warm Welcome by Blake's Baericks, on Flickr

6517414691_a12d370230.jpg

Gathering of the Clouds by Blake's Baericks, on Flickr

6526191993_458b08582e.jpg

The Clouds Burst by Blake's Baericks, on Flickr

6554063005_6eed3753bb.jpg

Inside Information by Blake's Baericks, on Flickr

And this is my latest and in my eyes, best.

6608182527_cd57f1e840.jpg

Fire and Water by Blake's Baericks, on Flickr

More pics can be found here (MOCpages) and here (Brickshelf when public).

I believe that I posted another thread on here with the first 3 creations, but I thought a more official thread was needed.

C&CC Welcome! Happy New year!

-Blake

:wub_drool: These are fantastic. The techniques used in every creation and the perfect 'edging' on some of this is amazingly well-done. Roast Mutton is easily my favorite - the trolls are very well executed. Great job on all of them. :thumbup:

Amazing builds¡¡¡

Lot of great scenes from the book. :thumbup:

6517414691_a12d370230.jpg

6526191993_458b08582e.jpg

There are my favorites. Great work, so beautiful.

I hope you will go on at building this lovely Mocs and that the Lord of the Ring-Sets next year don't stop you ;-)

Wow *oh2*

Its always a pleasure to see a Lotr/Hobbit creation, but to see 10 in one go is even better. These are all great creations, I love the foliage and house techniques in 'queer lodgings" but for me 'Flies and Spiders" has to top it. Being my favourite scene in the book, this creations captures perfectly my imagination of what the scene would have looked like. Great job and keep up the good work.

Is the "Fire and Water" MOC based on the 2001 PS2 Hobbit Game?

Nicely done. tons of great techniques and great use of parts.

Im sure I will reference this for future builds and look forward to future builds!

Mikey

Is the "Fire and Water" MOC based on the 2001 PS2 Hobbit Game?

Haha, actually yes it is in part. I played through the game before beginning this series to effectively inspire me.

Edited by Blake Baer

They are all lovely!! Your building skills is realy great! The queer lodgings is my favourite! So full of life and it looks like a nice place to be!

The trebuchet is so good! Does it work?

Haha, actually yes it is in part. I played through the game before beginning this series to effectively inspire me.

:wub:

Its honestly one of my favourite games to this day, I just love the way it works and the lake town section itself was gorgeous. I cant wait to see a new game and what there take on the book/film is. :thumbup:

I think the word "epic" is pretty good to describe these mocs! A lot of variaty and technics in all of them :classic:

And great idea to use The Hobbit, it really comes to life like this!

Fan made lego creations don't get any better than this if you ask me. Every single scene you made is, to say the least, awesome. They are all perfect in their own way. If I would have to choose a favorite, which is really hard I can tell ya', the trebuchet would probably be my choice.

Fantastic work, I really should keep an eye on the history forum, because of awesome creations like this. :wub:

Edited by Hollander

Wooooooooooooow !!!

Absolutely stunning !!!

As a great fan of The Lord of the Rings and LEGO, that's all i've to say concerning your incredibles MOCs.

Great Job mister Blake, all those scenes taken from The Hobbit are just incredible. :wub:

Hop, you get an article on my french Website ! ^^

I just have to give praise to you blake for this serie here on Eurobricks, altough I already did on CC. But I could not help it when I saw your creations on the frontpage. :laugh: These are so great :tongue::thumbup: :thumbup:

Great builds. I'm not as big of a LOTR/Hobbit fan as others, but these are very inspiring. I especially like the wargs and the trees. Since I haven't read the Hobbit I don't know what any of these scenes are like, but even without knowing it, they look remarkably amazing.

Keep up the good builds. Take that much deserved break.

Fantastic project! The level of detail you've managed to put in all of these creations, and the diversity of your builds, is really amazing. Everything is so well-executed and accurate; it's really great to see such a cohesive collection of MOCs from one of my favorite books.

truly amazing and awe inspiring stuff, currently reading the hobbit so these mocs put the story in perspective, the wolf in the clouds burst got to be one of my favs, great work! :thumbup: :thumbup:

They are spectacular!!! And I am sure they will be 100 times better than the official sets! Bravo!

Thank you all for the support you guys have shown. I was really tickled to see this get on the homepage.

NOTE: Looking over the replies, I found it really interesting to evaluate all of your favorites. The variance of opinions was very refreshing. Thanks again!

Wow...they are all great.

Particularly like the Trebuchet...it looks very accurate and great work.

Also love Smaug's lair and the stonework...and your ability to pack so much into such a relatively small area in your Lake Town build.

All very professional and beautifully done.

Wow, I love them all! I wish I had skill (and patience) like that.

LEGO should just hire you to make the sets for the upcoming LOTR/Hobbit line :wink: . I'm sure these are far better than any of the actual sets we will get.

P.S. I listened to my FOTR soundtrack while I looked at these. It adds to the experience :thumbup::tongue: