79 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

gallery_101_23_281.gif

My second review of the day is of the new 9489 Endor Rebel Trooper & Imperial Trooper Battle pack. Like the new Elite clone BP this has 2 factions for a battle in the box for the kids out there.

Price £12 (UK)

The Box

img_4846.jpg

img_4847.jpg

2 bags in the box with no smaller bags inside them.

img_4849.jpg

Not a bad parts selection again in this set. Some usefull plant parts and brown bricks.

img_4873.jpg

The small cartoon in the back of the instructions.

img_4876.jpg

The figs instructions page

img_4853.jpg

Both the Imperial figs in this set have the new printed face on the black heads.

img_4854.jpg

Just remember to turn the biker scout one round when you put his helmet on.

img_4855.jpg

img_4856.jpg

The Rebel Troopers ar both new figs as they both have a different head part to the Battle of Endor set ones. Also they have no back packs and a change of hand colour.

img_4860.jpg

The new torso print looks great on the back and makes the camo hood stand out better.

img_4859.jpg

The tree has some great parts for those doing endor MOC's. I am not sure if the small green 1X1 plant/flower is new?

img_4861.jpg

The finished tree with gun emplacement.

img_4863.jpg

img_4864.jpg

I am to lazy to look If this speeder is new as we have had so many over the years. It does seem to be the same as the white one from the Snow Trooper BP.

img_4865.jpg

img_4866.jpg

No denying that it looks good with a Biker Scout on it though.

img_4867.jpg

img_4868.jpg

Not many parts left on this one. Again, I don't know if the small green part is new here?

img_4871.jpg

The Whole set. :wub:

img_4869.jpg

The Endor Battle Pack has been called for by fans ever since the first Battle Packs came out. Now we have to make do with one set for our Endor needs, so how does it do?

Pretty good I think. The fig are great and 2 new rebels look really good as we now almost have a full squad of Endor Rebels.

I guess I don't see me buying the kind of multiple sets of this set that I will of the Elite clone one but I will certainly get a few. The parts selection is also not quite as good as the Elite clone one but that one has only one thing to build this has two. It is a great set but I just think 1 Rebel and 1 generic Ewok would have made more sense.

This is going to be my first purchase for 2012, Thanks for the review mutley777, you've just persuaded me to get this set.

Fantastic second review! Those printed Imperial faces sure are interesting. The green flower piece only appears in the Pet Shop and the Safari Building Set. See it here.

And again thank you Mutley for the timely heads up for this set. Nice to see these figures without photoshop.

For me your review highlights an important question: what's up with the face color of the stormies? Is this an error, will it be changed?

Thanks for the review, mutley!

I'm kind of disappointed that the Endor Rebels aren't identical to the ones in 8038, since now they won't fit in as well; I'm disappointed that the new Stormie and Scout don't have leg printing like the Sandtroopers; and I think the Stormie face looks, at best, wierd. Nevertheless, this is definitely going to be one of my purchases.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

For me your review highlights an important question: what's up with the face color of the stormies? Is this an error, will it be changed?

Apparently it happens when a light color is printed over a darker one (e. g. flesh over black).

Another great review Mutley! I'm really impressed with this years battle packs. This is a great companion to the larger Endor sets we've seen in previous years and makes the Endor Rebels in particular much more accessible. The speeder bike is a nice addition and although the gun turret feels a but tacked on its still a nice little set. I look forward to getting copies of both battle packs in the near future.

I'm going to be getting a few of these for sure. I really wanted the $100 endor set mainly for the figures and these guys are the main selling point for me, so I'll definetly have a few of these.

Thanks for the great review as well, I love knowing what I'm getting into when buying sets! :thumbup:

I will buy just because of the new minifigures...

I have 10000000 lego endor trees and that is the 10000000 speeder bike. unfortunely, nothing new. But, at least, the new minifigures are good.

How about a side-by-side comparison of the new figures with their older counterparts? I'd be interested in seeing how well/poorly they go together...

I'm particularly disappointed by the imperial troopers.

Compared to the clone wars figures, no major changes of the Scout Trooper were made:

I do not like that the Scout Trooper's helmet still has an open visor. I don't like that some parts of the helmet (mouth) are still not printed. I do not like that he has no printed legs (which are more black than white).

I do not like that the Stormtrooper's torso differs from the new Sandtrooper's torso. I do not know why the circle in the middle of the belt was added. And I'm not happy that the "shadow" effect was removed. I would have like to see leg printing to make its appearance consistent with the new sandtrooper.

I'm not particularly happy with the faces of the new rebel troopers and the fact that these guys have no backpacks, but all in all there's nothing I really can complain about.

With regard to the review, I would have liked to see a direct comparison of the new and the old speederbike.

Edited by Brickadeer

thx again for the review mutley, i for one like this set for the imperial figures and will be stacking plenty of these because of that, the printed heads are a nice change and will give flexibility for modding other figs :wub:

I'm particularly disappointed by the imperial troopers.

Compared to the clone wars figures, no major changes of the Scout Trooper were made:

I do not like that the Scout Trooper's helmet still has an open visor. I don't like that some parts of the helmet (mouth) are still not printed. I do not like that he has no printed legs (which are more black than white).

The biker scout's helmet does look rather plain next to those of other troopers we've been seeing. I think the eye holes work for this helmet, though - unlike the phase II clone helmets, the side view is less awkward since the mold isn't so thick around the face:

x1458px4.1114405367.jpg

Ugh! :thumbdown:

Thanks for all the comments guys. :sweet:

What was the cost of this set? Price will definitely be a factor when getting this.

The price I paid was £12 GBP. The US price is listed in the first post of the 2012 news topic.

I'm not going to add to the criticism in this discussion thread - I actually like this Battle Pack a lot. Four different figures in the box, all of which look great as far as I'm concerned, plus a speeder and a tree with a gun emplacement.

I was struggling to drum up much enthusiasm for the 2012 Star Wars sets, but having now seen the 2 new Battle Packs I'm starting to warm up a bit.....

Edited by drdavewatford

I am not too sure about the new faces, or the new prints, but this is a must-buy for me, since it is an Endor set. With these Rebels, the Endor Strike Force is almost complete.

I think its weird they used the same speeder bike from 7956 set not Endor. I have so many different speeder bike variants. I already have 5 rebel commandos from Endor need 12 to complete the Endor landing party so its lame they dont have backpacks and different hands. Plus side is they have a new face sorta. I will end up buying like 4 of these, the stormtroopers and scouts along with the commandos are worth it even though they changed the printing again. Its sad I am not more thrilled about this set. the rebels seem to have nothing going for them like tank or vehicle wise when they keep to the movies. I would really like to see another battle pack like they had a couple of years ago with the storm trooper and rebel scout vehicles packs. Rebels got no fire power! Thanks for the review.

I think the eye holes work for this helmet, though - unlike the phase II clone helmets, the side view is less awkward since the mold isn't so thick around the face:

x1458px4.1114405367.jpg

Ugh! :thumbdown:

The problem I have with the eye holes is that they limit the possibilities of customization since I depend on black studs and can't use whatever head I want to. The new printed heads are a clear improvement of the former situation, though.

Thanks for another review 'mutley777', I was going just to vote average, but the rebel gear and the printed faces option for the imp. troops pushed it up to above average.....but not to the same level as the CW battle pack though....just in my opinion that is. :blush:

I look forward to your next review 'mutley777'......Review On ! :classic:

Thanks for the review of this set. On balance I quite like it and will probably end up getting one or two. On the plus side it's not got any officers/AT-AT drivers of the like which anoyed me in the previous Hoth set, I mean how many At-AT drivers do you need! But I'm not convinced with mixing Reble and Imperail in one set though no this occasions I'm happy with both of them. My main concern is the price increase I don't see what's there to give it a 20% price hike over last years battle packs, but I guess that's the way of the world.