Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Most Desired H&A Minifig

I'd like you to envision the numerous minifigs of the different History and Adventure Themes.

Wild West

Adventurers

Classic Castle

Knights Kingdom

Vikings

Ninja

Now think about the sets you missed. Perhaps it was during your Dark Age(s), or perhaps that set you didn't buy. Or even the set you had many years ago, now just within an unidentified pile of bricks.

Of these great sets, what is your "All-Time" favorite History & Adventure minifig?

Share your thoughts on the most desired H&A minifig.

Great question. And a great way for me to waste my time.

I looked through all of the mini-figs in all of those lines in the bricklink catalog

With bricklink, it's hard to "miss out on a mini-fig". I loved the detail of the Wild West and the Vikings are great! But, I based my answer on availability and post-market price.

During my dark ages I missed these two female characters:

cas203.jpgcas122.jpg

But, to make a long answer longer, my most desired mini-fig is ... drumroll please ... after much un-necessary exposition...this mini-fig came out before I was old enough to play with system sets, and I just love it. I wish they'd re-release a mini-fig pack of these guys:

cas080.jpg

I think there's a nostalgia thing with what sets or figs we liked. If you read the best airport, fire station, police station threads over in town & community, people seem to vote for the sets that came out that they couldn't get or were released during their brightest age (you know, when you got your first set...I guess I'm trying to coin a phrase...)

Thanks if you read the whole message--Mark

well, as hinckley mentioned... with sites like BL its hard to "miss out" on a fig.

however, my most beloved fig is the calvery soldier (no need to post a pic, 5 appear in my sig ;-) ) love the red beard with the blue uniform... that coupled with the yellow from the minifig head makes for a prefect blend of colors. and i've always loved the bandana piece... one of my favorite accessories. it really adds build to the standard minifig frame... if you want a fig to appear stock or muscular, add a bandana.

and i guess the calvery soldier classifies as a "most desired" cause (although i own quite a few) im always looking for more ;-)

the redcoat imperial solider (pirates) is another fav, along with the mentioned forestwoman.

i don't care for too many of the adventurer figs... i think the figs were the weakest part of the great theme, save max villano and mike ;-) and i don't see how they could be classified as "most desired" cause they are all pretty common :-D

--------------------------------------------------

im really curious to hear some of your "most desired" brickster ;-)

- BrickMiner

the redcoat imperial solider (pirates) is another fav, along with the mentioned forestwoman.

- BrickMiner

Are Pirate mini-figs eligible?

well, i would say yes, they are a part of "history". and no too long ago pirates were a part of this forum (from here on out to be called "the good ole EB days" ;-) ).

but this is brickster's thread, so lets see how he wants to dictate it ;-)

- BrickMiner

I think the white ninja is a bit of a rarety also.

Though for me, it is this guy, who came in this set. He's the only figure to come with a brown plastic cape.

Steve

but this is brickster's thread, so lets see how he wants to dictate it ;-)

- BrickMiner

Well, they're not on his list in the first posting of this thread, so I would think no. I only ask because that would change my answer.

Anyway, I don't want you to think I'm picking on you Brick Miner. I love your Ghost town MOC's and I can't wait to see the rest, so stop posting on this thread and get building! (I'd put in a cute winking emoticon but I'm serious, get working!)

--Mark

If I have to chose from the list, I take the Black Falcons.

I've been collecting them for quite some time now.

Here you can see my army going for war :-)

blackfalcons.jpg

BUT my #1 minifigs are the red and blue imperial soldier (as you can see in my signature).

You guys picked some good ones. I'm a big fan of Classic Castle figs, but I'm not sure if I'd pick any of the figs that I own from the very early castle sets (pictured below).

army102.jpg

fourknights.jpg

I would aim more toward a very rare fig that wasn't very common (unlike the cavalry soldier and black falcon soldiers that I must admit I like very well too).

I believe I own the green and white ninjas mentioned above, but I've never been a big fan of the Ninja cowl (head covering). I prefer the samurai.

This is really hard, because it depends on the theme. I suppose I'll pick my top three:

- The Mummy from Desert Adventurers

- Green Forestman (black feather)

- And maybe the Emperor's Guard from Orient Expedition

pharaohhotep.jpg

forestman_pouch_black.jpg

dragonfortressguard.jpg

And others that I like: Imperial Armada(Pirates), The green forestwoman pictured above, and the Scorpion Palace Guard (OE).

And yes, Pirates can be included .

stop posting on this thread and get building! (I'd put in a cute winking emoticon but I'm serious, get working!)
:-D got it ;-)

ok, i just thought of an interesting reply...

my most desired (and has been for a long LONG time) is the lando calrissian fig from 10123... i need that head for a custom buffalo soldier !!! it is the only head that appears in old brown (that isn't one of those goofy NBA heads). i mean, there are several other heads that appear in reddish brown or dark flesh... but those colors don't match classic brown. and for me that would be like mixing old and new grays. i just wont do it.

so therefore, to make an army of buffalo soldier id need a ton of lando heads. and at 25 USD that would be the most expensive army ever constructed !!! the head never appears on BL individually, only the whole fig |-/

so really, he is my most desired H&A fig... because for me, he represents a buffalo soldier (not lando).

:-P - BrickMiner

- Green Forestman (black feather)

forestman_pouch_black.jpg

I think the black feather with black torso pattern is rarer.... or do you just prefer this combo?

Personaly I can't go past the Forestwoman and Blacksmith, both all ready featured.

God Bless,

Nathan

Another really hard question there |-/

For the same reasons as explained in the best set thread, I went with figs I bought after my dark age and I have to say that my fav is...

post-255-1159309216.jpg

the dragon fortress guard *wub* . I think its such a beautifull MF, I simply love it !! I also could have picked the Emperor, but I wanted to choose an army building fig ;-)

I might have voted for a ninja fig but I have none 8-|

*yoda*

I might have voted for a ninja fig but I have none 8-|
:-D i think that is kinda the point of this thread... "most desired" kinda means to me that you don't have it.

but i answered the same way... an army builder... so who am i to say what :-D

- Brick Miner

This guy, a classic. He's simply awesome.

cas085.jpg

Shakar

Great choice. I like him too, but your sticker is little worn.

blackknight.jpg

post-255-1159309216.jpg

the dragon fortress guard *wub* . I think its such a beautifull MF, I simply love it !!

*yoda*

Very good choice. These are very nicely done. I love the hats.

my most desired (and has been for a long LONG time) is the lando calrissian fig from 10123... i need that head for a custom buffalo soldier !!! it is the only head that appears in old brown (that isn't one of those goofy NBA heads). i mean, there are several other heads that appear in reddish brown or dark flesh... but those colors don't match classic brown. and for me that would be like mixing old and new grays. i just wont do it.

so therefore, to make an army of buffalo soldier id need a ton of lando heads. and at 25 USD that would be the most expensive army ever constructed !!! the head never appears on BL individually, only the whole fig

so really, he is my most desired H&A fig... because for me, he represents a buffalo soldier (not lando).

BrickMiner

Interesting choice. I would never have thought a SW fig. have you considered some of the basketball players for a head?

i have considered the NBA heads... but they all look too goofy.

plus, i don't like the idea of my buffalo soldier head being modeled after shaquile o'neal :-D

i would forever be thinking shack-attack :-|

- Miner

cas170.jpg

^^This is probably my favorite, grey visor + grey euroarmor = *wub*

Followed by this one:

cas080.jpg

With this one in third place (but not by much!):

cas301.jpg

P.S. What are your opinions on the round-shield Black Falcons vs. the reissue pointy-shield Black Falcons?

P.S. What are your opinions on the round-shield Black Falcons vs. the reissue pointy-shield Black Falcons?

Mine are mainly the new ones so I have to be thankful for what I have... but the old ones are nicer where they have maintained the crispness of the logo...

God Bless,

Nathan

I like the old pointed shields better myself. Classic is the best!

BTW: "Most desired" minifig could be a fig you've always wanted (or) one that you have and would never want to part with. You may have the fig but someone else could desire it. *wub*

This guy is pretty hard to beat, especially with his saddled horse. I was a bit surprised to see one listed for $9 when I did this search, then I noticed the seller's feedback...

God Bless,

Nathan

I like the old pointed shields better myself. Classic is the best!

BTW: "Most desired" minifig could be a fig you've always wanted (or) one that you have and would never want to part with. You may have the fig but someone else could desire it. *wub*

Er, but the pointed shields are the newer, re-issued ones (2002)

Now there's an affordable list X-D ...

God Bless,

Nathan

Do you have a single favorite or "best of the bunch"?