Sign in to follow this  
Tuskano

[LDD MOCs] Star Wars Galaxies starfighters

gallery_101_23_281.gif

With the MMO Star Wars Galaxies coming to an end on the 15th, I thought it would be good to build a few fighters from it. It was something I have been wanting to do for awhile. Most of them can easily be concidered expanded universe ships. I have more info and stories on my page page here as well... as I have more then 1, I won't post all the pictures here. Over in the US Navy here, so my lego collection currently only is the new Lego V-wing... not much room for the real stuff heh. Anyways, enjoy the pictures.

M3-A Scyk fighter. I origionally owned a real lego version of it, but has been lost through time and other creations.

1323405412m_DISPLAY.jpg

1323405399m_DISPLAY.jpg

1323405418m_DISPLAY.jpg

G1-M4-C Dunelizard Starfighter style 2, my newest creation.

1323606223m_DISPLAY.jpg

1323606197m_DISPLAY.jpg

1323606201m_DISPLAY.jpg

Alpha-3 Nimbus-class V-wing with forward folding wings.

1323408482m_DISPLAY.jpg

1323408463m_DISPLAY.jpg

1323408488m_DISPLAY.jpg

Last but not least is my real MOC, my Sorosuub 3000 -Freighter Class-. I got more of a story on this one on my MOC page.

1324130269m_DISPLAY.jpg

1324130260m_DISPLAY.jpg

1324130254m_DISPLAY.jpg

In regards to Lady Luck, minus the rainbow effect, this is actually pretty good. You clearly need better piece selection but your building skills are not lacking. :thumbup:

Ah here this is easier on the eyes. :grin:

untitl20.jpg

Edited by Rook

I agree with Rook here; that ship is really well built and has some good angles and details, it's just a shame about the colours though. But really, it's still a great ship. I love the cockpit area, it looks very aggressive. I'm unfamiliar with the source materials for your LDD Starfighters bu they're also really nice and I can tell they belong in the Star Wars universe - the only thing I'd say is that they are perhaps a bit heavy on plate usage - but everyone has their own building style, so if that's what works for you then that's cool.

In regards to Lady Luck, minus the rainbow effect, this is actually pretty good. You clearly need better piece selection but your building skills are not lacking. :thumbup:

Ah here this is easier on the eyes. :grin:

Oh, wow. Yes I like the black and white photo of it better. It's a big change in how it looks, instead of seeing the colors you are focusing more on how it's built. Yes, we did not have a good selection of pieces. But once I get it out of the storage unit, I plane to convert it to a set color.

I agree with Rook here; that ship is really well built and has some good angles and details, it's just a shame about the colours though. But really, it's still a great ship. I love the cockpit area, it looks very aggressive. I'm unfamiliar with the source materials for your LDD Starfighters bu they're also really nice and I can tell they belong in the Star Wars universe - the only thing I'd say is that they are perhaps a bit heavy on plate usage - but everyone has their own building style, so if that's what works for you then that's cool.

Thanks! The Scyk and the Dunelizard were mostly used by mercenary or pirate gangs in the outer rim. But yes, honestly I wouldn't be suprised that they were not that well known since not alot of people I knew played SWG, aside from the people I already knew in game. And the only place that they have ever been was in the game, no other content. Because of that, I had also had included links to their sources on their MOC pages. Hehe, I did might have gone overboard with plates on the Dunelizard... but I think it might look better in real life if I ever built it. Maybe include some open panels with tubing and systems inside on the wings as a future idea.

very cool freighter and good size for stuffing lots of figs, will be well worth rebuilding in a more coordinated color scheme someday, nice work

very cool freighter and good size for stuffing lots of figs, will be well worth rebuilding in a more coordinated color scheme someday, nice work

Hehe, at one point I had the old Sebulba pod racer in there. It was taken apart in large sections, but it was able to hold it all.

Very nice, especially the Lady Luck. (Even with the rainbow colors :tongue: ) But you said that you owned a real Lego version of it. What set was that?

Very nice, especially the Lady Luck. (Even with the rainbow colors :tongue: ) But you said that you owned a real Lego version of it. What set was that?

Thank you! To quote my brother Multicolored creations are a badge of honor! It says "I am home built, with pieces of my fallen comrades!" I think that is a very good way to put it.

As for your question, I am not sure what exactly what you are asking. The real Lego version that I owned is what you see in the pictures. As for which set, I am not really sure what you mean. We just have a big bin of Legos from many many past sets of different themes. None of the pieces were bought in bulk from online stores or Ebay. Hopefully that should answer your question.

I really like the concept of forward folding wings on your V-Wing, it looks far better than the rotating system on official models! I have some doubts if the hinges you used provide much stability though, did you test this on a real model?

Not minding the rainbow colors, your Lady Luck is quite accurate! You might wanna beef up the engines just a little when you rebuild it in proper colors, they seem a bit wider in the pictures i googled. Still, impressive work there! :thumbup:

I really like the concept of forward folding wings on your V-Wing, it looks far better than the rotating system on official models! I have some doubts if the hinges you used provide much stability though, did you test this on a real model?

Not minding the rainbow colors, your Lady Luck is quite accurate! You might wanna beef up the engines just a little when you rebuild it in proper colors, they seem a bit wider in the pictures i googled. Still, impressive work there! :thumbup:

Thanks, yes I had thought of the possibility of the wing hinges being loose though have tried it on a real model. If they are new pieces though, I am betting that they would be good... as it takes a bit of breaking into to get them loose. If not, then there is always the idea of just warping the circle abit with heat so it would fit tighter.

The engines are more of a oval shape, but I decided to just use what I had. Plus, the funny thing was that ship shared those engines with another fighter I had built at the time lol. So whenever I wanted to fly one of them, I just pulled the engines off the one ship and smacked them onto the other LOL. Thank you very much!

Yeah I recognize the LDD's they're good too. I'd some from this series myself a while back. Yours are equally well done. :thumbup:

http://www.thecabg.net/t904-hutt-heavy-fighter?highlight=Hutt

Rihkxyrk_Heavy_Starfighter

Wow, those ones are good! I had tried building the Rihkxyrk at one point not using the LDD but I had failed horribly in it. The Kimogila there is pretty good... just can't see the pictures well with them so small. But yea, that thing is huge... so it makes sence to have alot of living space in it. I took alot of screenshots of the dual winged style before I logged off SWG for the last time so I can make it sometime in the future.

Well... its been a good game. Been 4 hours since they shot the server hamsters. I'll never forget the good times in it :)

Woot! Finished this in time for Christmas! Even gave it a red nose lol. This is yet another starfighter from the MMO, enjoy.

Very nice Tuskano, I think I like this one the best, it's lovely and sleek.

Very nice Tuskano, I think I like this one the best, it's lovely and sleek.

I like the black lines I gave it on the wings too. It turned out great... though to buy one on Design-By-Me is like $200 lol