Sign in to follow this  
robuko

A Discovery in Doktor Frankenstein`s Laboratory

From the Journal of Doktor Frankenstein

"Last week I received a visitor to the Laboratory, a seeker of truth from afar. He was called by the name of Abū Alī al-Ḥusayn ibn Abd Allāh ibn Sīnā. He said he had heard of my studies into the nature of Life, and he was curious to learn more of my Works. But today it was I who was the student. Abū Alī is a stargazer, and he introduced me to some wondrous intruments he uses to study the Heavens. First, using a triangular shape of purest Crystal, he showed my that Light is not Light, but is All Colours in One. Who knows what Other Colours may be hidden in the Light, perhaps to be drawn out by another Crystal?

6452269135_5fa8a4633f_b.jpg

That was not the only secret his Crystals contained. He showed me a "lens" that he puts to his eye, to bring the Heavens closer. It works as a second Eye before the Eye, he said, and it moves the Light itself. He gave the most incredible demonstration. Noticing my barrel of heating oil, he bade me move it closer to the candle that contained the Light of All Colours. "Watch this, my friend", he said:

6452269367_58e6721bb1_b.jpg

At first, nothing happened, and then Everything happened at once! The barrel burst into flames before my eyes, under the unwavering gaze of the Crystal Lens.

6452269267_9e084d7ce3_b.jpg

"Oh Philosopher, what Magick is this?" I asked, and the Visitor replied, "Friend, this is no Magick, it is the Truth of the Universe, called Optick. This Crystal Lens is indeed the source of my knowledge of the Heavens. And do you know what it is made from? You will laugh to hear it. Just Sand, the very Sand which spreads so far and wide around us, the pure Sand of the Kaliphlin Dune Sea. Heat it until it melts, and you can shape it in any way."

I was so excited by this news I could hardly sleep. Could it be true? Or, more likely, was this Abū Alī a powerful Mage, a trickster come to mock me and my poor experiments? That night I sent word to my friend Herr Liebniz, the renowned Scholar of the Mountain Mummies, asking him to come at haste with a Dragon and as much sand as his steed could carry, to find the truth to the story.

6452269491_3d8e60e18f_b.jpg

Unbelievably, everything the Wise Visitor told me was true! After many hours struggle, Herr Leibniz mastered the instructions for the Dragon and we burned a hot flame from the Black Oil. Before our eyes, common Sand became Purest Crystal. To think, Kaliphlin is so rich in the Sand, and the Oil that gives heat! And we can use them to make these Lenses, Scrying Glasses for land and sea, to search for the Other Colours, anything!

The Petrea General Trading Company has been very good to me over the years, taking me in and providing me with the best in modern facilities here in the basement of our Petrea Head office. Our CEO, President and Chairman Rasputin Jones has taken good notice of my Works with the Crystal, and he is giving me a new facility in the desert with even more potential.

3068bpb367.jpg?1

Mr Jones has big ambitions for my Crystal Research. He greatly admired our Lookfar Scrying Glasses, and he plans to start making more of these for the glorious export Trade, as well as Crystal Walls so that our friends in Mitgardia can admire the beautiful Winter views from inside their homes, without getting cold! And Mirrors to sell to the beautiful and rather vain Ladies of Avalonia. This move into Crystal making could be the Big Time for Doktor Frakenstein!"

Very nice work indeed, aha! I spied that anvil which is what I need for my blacksmiths, oops, I'm talking too much. Anyways, good moc, loving all the details their, any chance to see the full vig?

hahah I laughed/was too amused by this than I should have been. Really cute and I really liked the story telling.

The story and figure posing is great, but your background builds have been fantastic. Your previous ones were good, but this one is brilliant! I love it. :thumbup::thumbup:

Haha! I just noticed that the cat, frog and skeleton all move around. Very nice touch. :laugh:

Dear Doktor Franckenstein,

it has been a pleasure working with you. Our discussions have been fruitful and I enjoyed your hospitality, for which I thank you.

Frightening as you may seem, our thirst for knowledge unites us.

But I have to warn you again, do not underestimate the power of the molten sand! Do not forget your glass in the sun, do not sell our knowledge to the undeserving.

Do not seek wealth - seek truth!

I am looking forward to collaborate with you again in the future.

Yours faithfully,

Abū Alī al-Ḥusayn ibn Abd Allāh ibn Sīnā

Hee! This is awesome! Love the story and characters, perfectly shot and illustrated too. :classic: Here's to more scientific breakthroughs! :thumbup:

Fantastic build and story. :thumbup:

Ah, I must have my Dwarves construct me a Scrying Glass...

I've got to say, I only glanced at this when it first popped up, but after reading through it all, it is marvelous how you incorporated technological advances into lego form. The lab is well built and very suiting of the basement, I like how you mix the fantasy elements with the scientific.