Brickdoctor

[LDD MOCs] Brickdoctor's 2011 Star Wars Advent Calendar

Keep up the great work, Brickdoctor, these look fantastic so far! As a major proponent for LDD and sharing LXF files, I'm very grateful that you're sharing your designs with us. Can't wait to see what's next!

If you're at all planning on posting them over at Flickr at any time, please be sure to add them to The LEGO Exchange.

If you're at all planning on posting them over at Flickr at any time, please be sure to add them to The LEGO Exchange.

I will, eventually. I'll reveal them all in one big image post at the end of the calendar. For now, this is sort of an EB-exclusive thing.

Not a problem, that's probably the most sensible way to do it, anyway. I've been a lot more reluctant to post many pics to my Flickr account since I reached the 200 image limit.

Pretty good, Doc, although I know what you mean about the legs. Perhaps it would be better if you just leave the Technic pins off. Also, I think it would look better if you use a radar dish for the front and back of the sphere instead of that 3x3 construction.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

:angel_sing: On the fifth day of advent Brickdoctor gave to me...

6458150703_12bbf0f7d0_z.jpg

MIDI-SCALE SLAVE OOOOONE! :angel_sing:

:laugh:

I'm not particularly happy with the red part, but everything else turned out well in my opinion. I'm happy with how the nose turned out; initially I was afraid that it wouldn't look good with the non-angled sides. I really wish I'd had more time to work on this one.

Slave I was a modified prototype Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft used by famed bounty hunters Jango Fett and his cloned "son", Boba Fett. It was greatly modified with advanced weapons systems by both Fetts during their respective use. Read more...

2011SWAdventDay5.lxf

Very nice, the Slave One is by far my favourite so far! I think that's a perfect representation. You've also done a great job with the mechno-chair, that must have been difficult to get right.

Three spider droids,

Two stupid chairs,

And Nute Gunray in a pear treeeee! :angel_sing::iamded_lol:

Really nice work, looks like something TLG would do! :thumbup:

I have been following this thread from the beginning and really like all your versions. The frigate was excellent but that Slave 1 is fantastic! A really nice model with some great looking guns! :drool:

Great work so far Brickdoctor! The Slave 1 is definitely my favourite so far, but it’s from the best SW film so it had an immediate advantage over the others! Thanks for the file; I might have a bash at building this during the holidays :classic:

Very cool! There are some good building techniques being used there!

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Day one or Day five....your best work yet....hmm, anyway 'BD' AWESOME work....pity they aren't brick-built. :wink:

Keep them coming. :classic:

AWESOME work....pity they aren't brick-built. :wink:

I agree, though these models, while they should be physically buildable, use a lot of rarer colors. I think Day 1 uses something like four Robie House's worth of various rarer New Dark Red parts.

6458150703_12bbf0f7d0_z.jpg

Also fantastic Brickdoctor, this is the best one yet :thumbup:.

VERY nice! :wub: I love the nose, guns, and wings. Too bad you couldn't use some sort of trans-black parts for the cockpit. I think the top portion of the dark red/brown part needs to be a bit rounder. The rest is stunning, though! :grin:

Good ol' Doc, never fails to surprise us. :sweet:

Let me say that all those MOC's are pretty amazing. I'm sure that if you would (could) put more time in them, the quality of these models would increase significantly. But that's the important thing of course; creating high-quality LDD work while having only a little time. Kudos for that Doc.

Your Radiant IV was very nice, so was Gunray, even though he is pretty plain. The chair isn't that spectaculair either, but you did manage to make an accurate model of it. The spider droid was sweet, and the Slave I is your best one for now.

Can't wait for tomorrow, to check your next attempt on recreating the advent calendar models. :excited:

Edited by Hollander

You’ve outdone yourself yet again. :thumbup: What stands out most on this MIDI is the seamless SNOT work in the nose and on either side of the cockpit – those sand green semicircles couldn’t be better. Is that the new slope piece from 7877?

I can’t help wondering whether there’s a better way to build the stabilizer fins, though – they look odd hanging down like that. Perhaps one could set back the tan bar so that it’s level with the lower edge of the red bit (I believe it’s referred to as the ‘skirt’) and attach the fins with horizontal clip plates (the latter being flush with the rounder corner plates)...

For the skirt itself, I’ve wondered whether SNOTed wedge plates could be used for that area, similar to what’s seen on 8086. What do you think?

Sadly, it appears we won’t see another ship model until Friday. Fortunately, that next model will be an X-wing. :excited:

That Slave 1 is definitely standing out for me. Best of the batch so far.

His Radiant VII can’t be beat. :wink:

You’ve outdone yourself yet again. :thumbup: What stands out most on this MIDI is the seamless SNOT work in the nose and on either side of the cockpit – those sand green semicircles couldn’t be better. Is that the new slope piece from 7877?

It's not a new mold, but, yes, it is exclusive in this color to 7877.

I can’t help wondering whether there’s a better way to build the stabilizer fins, though – they look odd hanging down like that. Perhaps one could set back the tan bar so that it’s level with the lower edge of the red bit (I believe it’s referred to as the ‘skirt’) and attach the fins with horizontal clip plates (the latter being flush with the rounder corner plates)...

That area is sort of restricted. I gave priority to the sand green curved areas where the wing struts enter the fuselage, and it took up the whole area in a mess of Dark Bley SNOT, so I just stuck the tan bar in the best spot I could on whatever attachment point was open.

For the skirt itself, I’ve wondered whether SNOTed wedge plates could be used for that area, similar to what’s seen on 8086. What do you think?

I'm not sure. I hate LDD when it comes to complicated angles, so I never considered that.

Sadly, it appears we won’t see another ship model until Friday. Fortunately, that next model will be an X-wing. :excited:

Can't wait for the X-wing. And the A-wing. And the Y-wing. Especially the last one actually. I am dying to see those vehicles in midi-scale. :excited:

Pretty good work so far on all of them! Though I can't say I really like the slave 1 to be honest, the red base looks mis-shapen to me, especially the abruptness at the top, I think a revisit would yield better results. My favourite is still day 1 :classic: