Eurobricks Star Wars Community Build

Eurobricks Star Wars Community Build

Discussion and Reference Topic

Current Community Build:

Completed Community Builds:

Venator Community Build

(October 2009 - July 2010)

Community Build Leader: Eskallon

Participants: ACPin, ADHO15, Admiral Woodhouse, Brickme, CaptainRex110, Commander Flash, greenskull139, I Scream Clone, Jammiedodger714, MeuLeu, Millacol88, Mraz ‘Skintas, Noodles140, Oky Wan Kenobi, pedro, Pellaeon, Ratshot, The Legonater

venator_cb-1.png

venator_cb-2.png

Community Build: Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

(July - August 2011)

Community Build Leader: ACPin

Participants: Bayou, Brickdoctor, lightningtiger, Lord Of The Fries, lego-maniac, Kaitan, Masked Builder, M<0><0<DSWIM, The Legonater, Troopmaker

ebsw_anh_cb.png

Community Build: Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

(September - October 2011)

Participants: Adrian86, darthnihilius, darththeling, Darth Yogi, Hollander, I Scream Clone, JackJonespaw, Kaitan, K-nut, Lobot, Lord Of The Fries, Masked Builder, M<0><0<DSWIM, Stardusty, The Legonater, Walt, wokajablocka

ebsw_esb_cb1.png

ebsw_esb_cb2.png

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

(November - December 2011)

Participants: Brickdoctor, Brickmamba, Darth Yogi, Gunner, Hollander, hohesC, JackJonespaw, JediAnakin, legoenvy, Lobot, Lord Of The Fries, M<0><0<DSWIM, mutley777, prateek, seaslip3, The Legonater, Vector, Walt, wokajablocka

rotj1.png

rotj2.png

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

(February - March 2012)

Community Build Leader: Oky

6895046256_10f2c23fc9_c.jpg

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

(April - June 2012)

7158160523_0171c616f3_c.jpg

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

(September - October 2012)

8157010430_92e4be91d8_c.jpg

Next Community Build:

Star Wars: Clone Wars/The Clone Wars Series

Community Build Leader: Masked Builder

250px-CloneWarslogo.JPG250px-TheCloneWars-logo.svg.png

Future Community Builds:

Star Wars Expanded Universe (video games, novels, comics and other source materials)

gallery_5203_163_69838.png

As an incentive and small token of appreciation to all those who selflessly contribute to the community build, the participants get to choose one of the following tags for their profiles:

gallery_5203_163_3547.pnggallery_5203_163_88.pnggallery_5203_163_4472.pnggallery_5203_163_3083.pnggallery_5203_163_2945.pnggallery_5203_163_3029.png

A special tag will be given to the pioneer batch of community builders in the Venator CB - fittingly the Open Fleet Circle tag: gallery_5203_163_566.png

But as a friendly reminder, let us not make these tags the sole reason to join the community builds, I suggest to focus on putting effort on making a solid contribution to the community build, and let these minor tags just be the 'icing on the cake'. :wink:

Feel free to discuss everything related to the community builds, throw in suggestions/ideas for future community builds, or simply ask questions if you'd like to know something.

Hay KielDaMan, I asked APCin befor but havent got an reply to my post but are we going to post all contributions for the community build somewhere in one topic. I would like to see all the entries in the one place, a list of all the builds and links to their origianl posts. Maybe pick the best posted image of each entry and link that pic to the post. What do you think?

Sorry man :blush: , I just read the community build post and saw that your working on it, thanks mate. APCin has the list already so you could start with that and deeplink the best pic from each entry.

Edited by wokajablocka

I got this idea for a community build the other day while musing on whether LEGO Star Wars could have a display of its own at the next big Eurobricks Event. Say, I don't know, around 300x300cm in size.

Design a large scene in LDD (such as a battle from the Clone Wars), then split it into portions to be built with real bricks by teams of builders. These builders should then bring the built portions together at the event to construct one display to be presented...

I got this idea for a community build the other day while musing on whether LEGO Star Wars could have a display of its own at the next big Eurobricks Event. Say, I don't know, around 300x300cm in size.

Design a large scene in LDD (such as a battle from the Clone Wars), then split it into portions to be built with real bricks by teams of builders. These builders should then bring the built portions together at the event to construct one display to be presented...

Meaning if someone here couldn't make it to an event or couldn't send their MOC/scene there they could build it in LDD and someone at the display could build it.

Ah ha! So that's where those tags are coming from. Great idea Kiel. :thumbup:

Since the Obi tag that you have isn't a choice, could I get the Republic one?

As an incentive and small token of appreciation to all those who selflessly contribute to the community build (starting from ACPin's), the following tags will be given to the participants: SNIP

So the participants of the Venator CB get nada? :hmpf_bad:

:tongue: Nah, it's OK. I have way more tags than I can display already anyway. :laugh:

So are there any plans for an ROTJ CB? We could just keep going with these movie themed CBs and do the prequels as well! Once we run out of movies, we could have one for the Clone Wars. :sweet:

So are there any plans for an ROTJ CB? We could just keep going with these movie themed CBs and do the prequels as well! Once we run out of movies, we could have one for the Clone Wars. :sweet:

ACPin said there would be a two week break, so we should see it sometime next week.

I really hope I can participate in the next one! A scene from ROTJ would be pretty fun.

And if we eventually got around to doing the prequel films in a community build, I wouldn't mind that either! :classic:

So the participants of the Venator CB get nada? :hmpf_bad:

:tongue: Nah, it's OK. I have way more tags than I can display already anyway. :laugh:

The first community build was really great with lots of fantastic entries, I really enjoyed following that CB back then. :cry_happy: With that, I'll consider handing out the tags to the previous participants. (It's all part of grand scheme of Star Warsifying the Eurobricks Universe. :devil::vader:)

We could just keep going with these movie themed CBs and do the prequels as well! Once we run out of movies, we could have one for the Clone Wars. :sweet:

And if we eventually got around to doing the prequel films in a community build, I wouldn't mind that either! :classic:

It's bound to happen, after the OT, then PT, then CW.

"There can be no one to stop us this time!" :vader:

What's this about, and what's with the cutoff dates? Surely the end of one of these doesn't mean no one can ever post a MOC in here again from a particular movie...

Is this just about getting the tags? If so, I take it I missed out... :cry_sad:

What's this about, and what's with the cutoff dates? Surely the end of one of these doesn't mean no one can ever post a MOC in here again from a particular movie...

This is simply a topic where we could discuss everything related to Star Wars Community Builds, and as a reference for all previous/completed CBs.

The cut-off dates are decided by the Community Build leader. ACPin set a cutoff date since he's planning on leading multiple CBs, so it doesn't make sense to submit an entry that is already months passed. And I'm not sure what you meant about not being able to post a MOC from the movies again?!? Everyone is free to post their MOCs here in the forum regardless of whether it's part of a community build or not.

Is this just about getting the tags? If so, I take it I missed out... :cry_sad:

Community Building is NOT about tags. Remember the true essence of joining a community build - that is sharing one's creations for athe fun and spirit of a common-themed group build.

This is simply a topic where we could discuss everything related to Star Wars Community Builds, and as a reference for all previous/completed CBs.

The cut-off dates are decided by the Community Build leader. ACPin set a cutoff date since he's planning on leading multiple CBs, so it doesn't make sense to submit an entry that is already months passed. And I'm not sure what you meant about not being able to post a MOC from the movies again?!? Everyone is free to post their MOCs here in the forum regardless of whether it's part of a community build or not.

Oh, I know we could post MOCs from any of the movies at any time; I was saying that obviously that's not what it meant, but that I didn't understand what it did mean. I mean, this is a community, so isn't everything we would normally post in here a "community build"? I don't know what the conceptual distinction is between a build for these projects and just a "regular" build someone would post in here at some other time.

(Oh, and apologies for the query about the tags; I'd inadvertently overlooked your statement in your initial post that the CBs weren't just about getting them.)

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Oh, I know we could post MOCs from any of the movies at any time; I was saying that obviously that's not what it meant, but that I didn't understand what it did mean. I mean, this is a community, so isn't everything we would normally post in here a "community build"? I don't know what the conceptual distinction is between a build for these projects and just a "regular" build someone would post in here at some other time.

Surely I don't think it is that hard to grasp the concept of a Community Build. Yes EB is a community and essentially all MOCs posted here are meant in the spirit of community sharing. But a community build distinguishes itself as a distinct special activity wherein different builders agree to build and share MOCs under a common theme with an option of completion within a specified amount of time, whereas a normal/regular build is an individual effort at the builder's own time and theme of choice. EB has been witness to a lot of CBs before here, from the current Historical Guild CB to the three (and soon to be four) LDD Relay Community Builds. I hope that clarifies things.

Surely I don't think it is that hard to grasp the concept of a Community Build. Yes EB is a community and essentially all MOCs posted here are meant in the spirit of community sharing. But a community build distinguishes itself as a distinct special activity wherein different builders agree to build and share MOCs under a common theme with an option of completion within a specified amount of time, whereas a normal/regular build is an individual effort at the builder's own time and theme of choice. EB has been witness to a lot of CBs before here, from the current Historical Guild CB to the three (and soon to be four) LDD Relay Community Builds. I hope that clarifies things.

Ok, I thought it might be something along those lines, but I just figured there must be more to it than that.

Thanks for the reply!

Someone has been working on our request. :classic:

Really cool to see all the builds together. But somehow the New Hope community build picture looks better. Guess it's color of the builds when fit together.

I can't seem to find my MOC in the Venator pic, though my name is still on the list. An oversight, perhaps?

It's bound to happen, after the OT, then PT, then CW.

"There can be no one to stop us this time!" :vader:

And then The Force Unleashed, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadows of the Empire, New Jedi Order, Dark Nest, Legacy... :moar:

Hay KielDaMan you posted my old pic and not the new better rebuilt updated pic in the ESP build. Its probly too late to fix now and im sure alot of people missed my updated build. I would have liked to use this one dsc00105.jpg

BTW the collaged images are great, nice work!

Someone has been working on our request. :classic:

Really cool to see all the builds together. But somehow the New Hope community build picture looks better. Guess it's color of the builds when fit together.

Glad you liked it! I see it too, for some reason I made them all the same way in Photoshop yet the ANH one seems to have the clearest image. Probably because the other two have more images fit on the template and therefore resulted in lower resolution? I'll try to look at it and probably fix it later.

I can't seem to find my MOC in the Venator pic, though my name is still on the list. An oversight, perhaps?

Hmmmm, I skimmed over the topic and downloaded/saved all the posted builds on that thread, I might've probably missed it. If I have the time I'll try to include yours (but that would take some re-layouting).

Hay KielDaMan you posted my old pic and not the new better rebuilt updated pic in the ESP build. Its probly too late to fix now and im sure alot of people missed my updated build. I would have liked to use this one

Well, I personally chose that pic since I think the view is better on that shot showing the guts of the Taun-taun. :grin: I'll probably keep it that way.

And thanks for the feedback guys! If I missed out on something just let me know.

A special tag will be given to the pioneer batch of community builders in the Venator CB - fittingly the Open Fleet Circle tag: gallery_5203_163_566.png

Yay! My whining accomplished something! :laugh: Doesn't change the fact that I don't have space for another tag though. Perhaps it could replace my train tag?

Updated the first post with compilation of all Community Build entries. :sweet:

Nice job! They look great! :thumbup:

EDIT: Awesome, thanks, KDM! Now almost all my tags are circles! :laugh:

But somehow the New Hope community build picture looks better. Guess it's color of the builds when fit together.

I split each of the Venator and ESB composite images into two, so the images are better now I think.

I still don't know why you guys don't title the image tags. I have no idea what the majority of them are for...I can't be the only one who is in the same boat. If you can't title them for a hover explanation, maybe a page explaining all the tags and what they're for. I'm not just referring to these new tags, but all tags in general.