Sign in to follow this  
SilentMode

The Secret is Out

In 201X a Secret Service was established, bringing with it a cavalcade of highly advanced technology.

The source of the intelligence behind these innovations remained a highly guarded, heavily classified secret.

A minor oversight gave this sentient life form the opportunity to escape...

001.jpg

the vignette

The vignette features the following elements:

My original idea was to do something based on stealth, evasiveness and invisibility. Because minifigure parts generally aren't available in transparent colours, I went with something white against a white background, with a view to blend in as much as possible.

The alien itself has the ability to traverse walls, run fast and jump long distances, as well as possessing psychic powers and high levels of intelligence. It is susceptible to electromagnetic pulses - such as those being fired at it right now.

010.jpg

Front

021.jpg

Side

013.jpg

Back

The figure is mostly genuine Lego, with the head being sculpted using Fimo and sheet styrene, painted over with Decorlack. The materials and parts would cost around £9-10 in total.

A couple more pictures are in this Brickshelf folder. For the time being, enjoy.

Edited by SilentMode

I really like how you've played with gravity and created a Matrix/Inception style chase scene - you've captured the movement and action very well. :thumbup:

I like the brick-built legs of your alien and the fins coming from the head are cool.

However, I find the side view looks visually off balance. In comparison to the powerful look of the legs, I think the torso looks too thin. Imho a differently positioned picture would be better - the second pic in your brickshelf 'img_0194.jpg' shows a better side position which also demonstrates the movement of the brick-built legs. A minor gripe really though.

Thank you Praiter for the feedback, I was a little worried there. I really appreciate the constructive criticism.

I'm going to try some more poses from the side, but this time without the two plates behind the legs. Stay tuned.

I've updated and added more pictures to the folder; instead of a 1x2 plate on the backs of the legs I'm going with a 1x1.

I think it looks much more balanced with the 1x1 :thumbup: plus it has the added bonus of looking like it has backwards knees - something I always find looks very alien despite being popular in the animal kingdom :grin: .