Sign in to follow this  
eliminator

7939 Cargo Train Availability

What's the story on the 7939 cargo train? Has it been replaced by the new red cargo train? Seems odd that they wold have both the passenger and cargo sets next year only in red. I wasn't planning on buying 7939 yet, but if its going to be discontinued soon I'll want to pick it up. Plus, Amazon France has a decent price on it at the moment.

I just have the Emerald (not motorized) and the current passenger train. 7939 would set me up with more track including 2 switches, and power functions, which I was thinking of buying anyways.

The Amazon deal seems to be very good, but I wonder how much the shipping will cost to you overseas...

Personally I don't like the 7939 that much, but then usually I am looking for train parts for MOCs rather than complete sets to keep as-is, and even at this good price I am not going to buy this because I don't find the parts very attractive at the moment (plus I currently have a policy of avoid spending more than 100e on a single Lego purchase, but that's a very personal thing).

But since you only have 2 trains so far, I'd say go for it, especially if you like the PF system!

The Amazon deal seems to be very good, but I wonder how much the shipping will cost to you overseas...

Personally I don't like the 7939 that much, but then usually I am looking for train parts for MOCs rather than complete sets to keep as-is, and even at this good price I am not going to buy this because I don't find the parts very attractive at the moment (plus I currently have a policy of avoid spending more than 100e on a single Lego purchase, but that's a very personal thing).

But since you only have 2 trains so far, I'd say go for it, especially if you like the PF system!

Here in Denmark it's easier to find the 7939 than the red cargo train so I don't think it's going out of stock anytime soon. I think it's more popular with younger people/kids. While it's (the 7939) list price is higher than the red cargo train, it's easy to find the 7939 under 150 euro which is cheaper than the red's list price

I quite like the 7939 :wink:

Also, since I don't think there'll be any new trains for 2012 I guess all three will be available for some time. The Mærsk, Emerald, HP and TS3 train are being discontinued during next year

Surprisingly, shipping is only about $15

I'm hoping it will be around for a little while longer. I prefer it to the new red red cargo train and would like to get one eventually to add to my 7938 Passenger train. For the moment the Emerald Night remains my priority.

Like I already said in the 7939 review, I don't think it will sell for very long.

Currently it's available in Germany for around 109€ (136€ -20%) at buch.de. An indication that they want to get rid of the set.

So grab one while supply lasts!

EDIT: Sorry, I had to edit my post, the info taken from another AFOL site was wrong. Update above. :blush:

The Mærsk, Emerald, HP and TS3 train are being discontinued during next year

I doubt the Maersk will be released next year; it was only released in April.

I doubt the Maersk will be released next year; it was only released in April.

I'm only relaying what I heard from e reputable Lego dealer. HP and TS3 will go out with the license and Mærsk items have always been a specialty (but I'm not sure how long they used to be in stock)

Anyway, I think that it's safe to say that we are not getting any new trains for 2012 (at least not in the first half year) so my guess is that 7939, 7938 and the 3677 will be in stock until something new comes along

Currently it's available in Germany for around 109€ (136€ -20%) at buch.de. An indication that they want to get rid of the set.

So grab one while supply lasts!

Thanks for that info! I always thought I'll get it when I find it for less than 120€. :) Also, they have 7938 for effectively 64€, so I just got another one. My poor bank account...

As for the availability, well, with 3677 being limited – in Germany only at Kaufhof (and Lego stores, of course) –, I think 7939 will be in regular stores for a longer time. They basically need a cargo train to complement the passenger train there.

On the other hand, they might just end the exclusiveness of 3677 after Christmas...