Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Red Samurai Fortress MOC

I mentioned another earlier version of the Black Samurai Fortress and thought I'd share my actual first Ninja MOC, the Red Samurai Fortress. I was trying different concepts trying to capture the Japanese castle architecture. I wasn't very impressed with this but here's a few shots:

The front of the fortress:

fortressfront.jpg

A view at an angle:

fortressside.jpg

A close-up of the front. The red ninjas are training on the bridge:

fortressfront3closeup.jpg

A closer shot of the bridge:

ninjasonbridge.jpg

A view from the top. I don't have any smooth blue tiles (in my loose bundle) to make water, so I did the best I could with blue bricks:

bridgetop.jpg

The stairs to the 2nd floor. Look familiar?

steps.jpg

The right side of the bottom floor. Not much of interest:

insideright.jpg

The top balcony area in the center of the fortress:

ninjaon2floor.jpg

The treasure room. Pretty much like that in the Black Castle:

treasureroom.jpg

The Emperor's room:

emperorswordroom.jpg

And another view of the front:

fortressfront2.jpg

Well, this and the Black Samurai Fortress are my first attepts to build a Ninja MOC. They're not exactly what I wanted, but I'm going to try to see if I can get something more along the line of a real Japanese castle.

Not bad at all for a first attempt ;-)

I like the shape even though its not very asian-ish (like the tree :-P )

I think that the colour scheme is just too chinese with all the red and green (and I am saying that due to the pics my parents showed me from their very recent trip to China - TLC did great on their Emperor's fortress btw ;-) )

Tks for sharing Brickster !! Its always really interesting to see how a MOC evolves ;-)

*yoda*

Very nice! I like this more than the black one :-P

I love the wood details, as well as the tiles and floors. The bridge is great! Two questions though:

1. What is that mass of water supposed to be? Some kind of gyser? A hot spring?

2. Is there anyway you can adjust the stream? Having the water above-ground looks a bit unrealistic. Even if you can only put some brown around the edges it would look a lot better *y*

Very nice! I like this more than the black one :-P

I love the wood details, as well as the tiles and floors. The bridge is great! Two questions though:

1. What is that mass of water supposed to be? Some kind of gyser? A hot spring?

2. Is there anyway you can adjust the stream? Having the water above-ground looks a bit unrealistic. Even if you can only put some brown around the edges it would look a lot better *y*

Thanks. I was trying to create a little water fall next to the bridge. I did not consider brown around the edges. Good idea. I built this a few days ago and destroyed it to build the Black Fortress.

That's a very nice job you've got here. Even though it's not properly japanese, I feel it still has that slight zen effect, which just does it for me. Well done, and keep up the good work. Maybe you could do a cool fight scene next?