Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Ninja 4805

Ninja 4805, Ninja Knights appeared in 1999 as a troop pack supplement for the Ninja theme. The cost was under $10 USD and included five troops; two ninja and three samurai.

set1.jpg

The set included a variety of Ninja weapons, two guns, and two brightly colored ninja flags (red and blue). With just a few of these sets, one could easily build a samurai army to conquer one or more of the numerous ninja castles.

set2.jpg

Why doesn't Lego make these great troop/fig packs anymore? We saw plenty of them with the sport themes (soccer/football and basketball). What happened to these great little sets? KK, Vikings, and other themes could use these excellent troop packs.

g... you have been away for a while, haven't you?

1) vikings has two army building sets, sure there's a catapult in it as well, still...

2) ninja was not very popular around here, so why bother

3) basketball sets didn't do well here, don't know about the football, in any case, it's quite normal to have team packs with those...

i think the ninja minifigs are so well designed. if fact, i was recently admiring them last week, and decided to resurrected an old thread here on EB about them... what ninja sets do you have ???

though i think these minifigs are great, i actually prefer a little construction element to my sets. for example, i think WW set 6712 (sheriff's showdown) is a great little set. it creates an atmosphere that no other set has. its a small bandit campsite, and the sheriff is hunting down his man. i mean, there is great story being told there. no other set has that same story.

while 6709 (frontier patrol) is week. i mean, i doesn't add anything to the theme. its a bunch of soldiers, well, you get that with 6769 fort legoredo !!!

- BrickMiner

They are bringing back the minifig pack with Star Wars 2007 in the form of both a Clone Trooper Battle Pack and a Droid Army Battle Pack *sweet*

g... you have been away for a while, haven't you?

1) vikings has two army building sets, sure there's a catapult in it as well, still...

2) ninja was not very popular around here, so why bother

3) basketball sets didn't do well here, don't know about the football, in any case, it's quite normal to have team packs with those...

1. I'm well aware of the new Viking sets. They're not limited to figs; however, so I don't think the comparison is a fair one.

2. Speak for yourself. I'm sure other members like Ninja as do you other themes that I may not be as fond of. I plan to re-visit the Ninja theme, so let's see how popular they were/are.

3. None of the sport sets sold well in the U.S. either, but they offered numerous figs.

i think the ninja minifigs are so well designed. if fact, i was recently admiring them last week, and decided to resurrected an old thread here on EB about them... what ninja sets do you have ???

though i think these minifigs are great, i actually prefer a little construction element to my sets. for example, i think WW set 6712 (sheriff's showdown) is a great litttle set. it creates an atmosphere that no other set has. its a small bandit campsite, and the sheriff is hunting down his man. i mean, there is great story being told there. no other set has that same story.

while 6709 (frontier patrol) is week. i mean, i doesn't add anything to the theme. its a bunch of soldiers, well, you get that with 6769 fort legoredo !!!

- BrickMiner

I agree. They were very nice figs with a lot of detail.

In regard to Sheriff's Showdown (6712), I would agree with you again. The only problem is the number of clones in the Wild West collection. It's OK for troops, but outlaws and cowboys should be more limited.

I loved Frontier Patrol. It's another great troop pack that you can use to build your army - not weak at all in my opinion.

They are bringing back the minifig pack with Star Wars 2007 in the form of both a Clone Trooper Battle Pack and a Droid Army Battle Pack *sweet*

Great news! I was not aware of these sets. Good idea on the part of Lego to offer.

This is a great set if you want more Ninja figs cheap, although not anything special if you don't (I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't, though :-P ) I didn't get this though, unfortuntely. :-/

though i think these minifigs are great, i actually prefer a little construction element to my sets. for example, i think WW set 6712 (sheriff's showdown) is a great litttle set. it creates an atmosphere that no other set has. its a small bandit campsite, and the sheriff is hunting down his man. i mean, there is great story being told there. no other set has that same story.

- BrickMiner

I agree. They were very nice figs with a lot of detail.

In regard to Sheriff's Showdown (6712), I would agree with you again. The only problem is the number of clones in the Wild West collection. It's OK for troops, but outlaws and cowboys should be more limited.

I loved Frontier Patrol. It's another great troop pack that you can use to build your army - not weak at all in my opinion.

ok, good points. i'd say your opinion comes from the point that a hobbyist is going to buy ALL the sets... my point was more towards the "each-set-tells-its-own-story" point of view. and each set is stand alone. i think each is viable.

however, one of the points i love about LEGO is that they told just enough story to get the imagination going. and not too much to stagger it. i love sets that have a little story, or potential for a story... it has a good guy, a bad guy, and a setting. you know what the god guy stands for, and what his obstacles are... how it all unfolds is up to the perceiver.

that was just another aspect of LEGO toys that always intrigued me.

that is why i say 6712 is a much better conceptualized set, 6706 is just an army builder.

- BrickMiner

This is a great set if you want more Ninja figs cheap, although not anything special if you don't (I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't, though :-P ) I didn't get this though, unfortuntely. :-/

Definately agree. I purchased two back then, and I wish I had picked up a few more (esp. when they were on clearance).