SearchFunction

A handfull of cars

indexed.gif V-LP-6C

Some time ago I posted about a way to make a 4 seater in 6 wide. I´d said then that I wouldn´t build them.

Well...

I couldn´t resist, so I ordered some parts and here we are.

The first model I completed and was happy with was a traditional police car:

billede013i.jpg

billede012f.jpg

billede010a.jpg

A bit hard to look out but hey, at least they can see what they run over...

billede014.jpg

billede004.jpg

billede003.jpg

It sports a full dashboard which I have found out by now, is impossible to see when there is minifigs in the car. Its mostly the same design I use though, so there will be some pictures of that from the other cars later.

Of my design this one is probably the most stable. There is only one area at the bottom near the front where I have found a better solution, from when I finished it in LDD.

Next car I think will be my family car.

Later.

Not bad police cruiser 'SearchFunction', my only issue is the lack of windscreen height compared with the roof section - apart from that it's a good design. :classic:

Brick On Drive On 'SearchFunction' ! :classic:

Not bad police cruiser 'SearchFunction', my only issue is the lack of windscreen height compared with the roof section - apart from that it's a good design. :classic:

Not to hijack but I been working on a 6 stud 2 seater and I am stuck on the windscreen issue myself. My work around is this but the minis would have to be bald (no hair or hats when in the car).

303984_10100854130747019_8836114_64617072_1517572932_n.jpg

indexed.gif V-LV-37A to V-LV-37C

It was the first design, and I kinda liked it, even though visibility is limited.

@Cotton : To seaters I find are difficult to make with the low windscreen but there are some interesting ideas out there for tilting the larger ones. I havn´t had much succes with that though.

Here is the next car I made. The goal was to fit 4 minifigs and still have space for luggage + towing ability:

billede075.jpg

billede042.jpg

billede067.jpg

billede052.jpg

(the grey part on the front top of the camper was supossed to be white, but I am missing the part atm. It has a full interior, will do some pictures of that once its finished)

billede017.jpg

The nice thing about this solution here is that the rear opens even with the bicyles on top

billede024.jpg

billede009.jpg

Fits 4 suitcases..and at least 1 bike helmet. The second was kinda thrown in there through the side window after the compartment was closed : ).

billede005.jpg

Ready to camp

On this next picture you can see the interior better. Its nearly the same one in my police car

billede030.jpg

When I made the next version I couldnt settle on ONE design so I ended up making 4 versions:

billede061r.jpg

billede063.jpg

This design also fits 4 figs(its a tight squeeze!), but there is no luggage compartment, and some of the roof solutions limit the selection of hair and hats that the figs can wear.

billede004x.jpg

There are also issues with stability in most of them, and its hard to open the rear doors without rotating the column above it.

I do have some new LDD designs ready that should fix most of those problems though. Might or might not build them:

lddscreenshot92.png

lddscreenshot91.png

lddscreenshot93.png

I havn´t checked for colors, but I do know that the "hood" part dosnt come in blue so would have to rework the front end.

I have 1 more car and a trailer to show.

Later : )

Nice! Your van reminds me of an older Renault Espace. They often had two different colours. I appreciate that you build your cars around the people they ought to transport, I find this very difficult. But my favourite is your camper. Its proportions and overall look is awesome. :thumbup:

indexed.gif V-LV-37D & V-LV-37E

Wow, I love all your cars. They're very good. Thanks for sharing. Keep up with the good work, and please make sure of keeping us updated with it! :classic:

Thanks! Got around to take some pictures of the interior of the camper today so here we go!

First the door opens into the seating area

billede096k.jpg

billede095.jpg

3 figs can sit there

billede080.jpg

Next to the seating area is the closet(?), also large enough for 1 fig although getting in and out is a bit of a hassle.

billede082.jpg

billede083y.jpg

On the other side is the kitchen with fridge, sink and cooking plates

billede085.jpg

In the back is the sleeping quarters.

billede092.jpg

billede091.jpg

Exterior

billede104.jpg

billede109.jpg

And inside from above

billede103.jpg

The roof solution works okay, but it has a tendency to jam at the front so I might have been better off simply making a removeable roof. My main inspiration for it was a Knaus 450 EL.

Next up is a regular trailer that every man has in the backyard:

billede111.jpg

billede112.jpg

Ready to go to the junkyard

billede113.jpg

How it looks empty:

billede121.jpg

This one is completely stable. No changes required. I´ll get the 2-seater sports car tomorrow.

Awesome creations, I would love it if LEGO made sets similar to these, and if CITY cars were 6 wide, and trucks, tractors, caravans etc 8 studs wide. But anyway great work and keep it up! :thumbup:

Great work! These cars look really nice, I like your police car and camper a lot. You did a good job of making it so you can put people in without making the car too big.

indexed.gif V-LV-37F

Allright a little late but here is the last car. It was inspired by and uses some, but not all of the same techniques as MasaoHidakas 2 seater as seen on

billede036.jpg

billede057.jpg

And the entire handfull:

billede131.jpg

So 4 seaters is possible in 6 wide : ), which is what I set out to research. I do not have a studio setup to take pictures nor an advanced camera, but I hope you got something out of it anyway.

Everything was designed in LDD. Each car is around 200 pieces. I must say that I admire the official lego sets for getting so much in much less.

Thanks for the fine words everyone!

EDIT: soccerkid6@ "You did a good job of making it so you can put people in without making the car too big. "

That was one of the goals as well : )

Edited by Phred

You know, I'm torn between the love for four-wide cars/six-wide trucks and the obvious advantage of increasing the width for more detail. My own personal taste leans towards four/six instead of six/eight - but seeing that fantastic red/white car that I'd call a minivan, but in your scale probably is more a compact family car, I have no problems admitting that this scale can give some very good results. And the caravan is just about perfect, regarding both the shape and the excellent interior. Your bigger sedan designs don't strike the same chords with me, but I'll certainly keep an eye on what you come up with next!

Now I just :wub: the caravan 'SearchFunction', though they are all great and clever designs.....the caravan is the most realistic design I have seen for a while. :wink:

I have no problems admitting that this scale can give some very good results.It is good.

Great work on all of these MOCs! :thumbup:

I just had place all of these in the Town Vehicle MOCs Index.

I hope you don't mind, I revised the title of this thread from "A handfuld of cars" to "A handfull of cars".