Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Baritones 3: Day Seven

001.jpg

It is late at night and dark figures are creeping...and biking...through the shadows. See? I can use that word now that it doesn't incriminate anyone. :grin:

002.jpg

Yan, (Thanks for playing, buddy!) is out running an important errand. He stops at the theater where he and Catya saw so many movies when they were dating. It has been closed for years now. He longs for the easier days and is overwhelmed with a sense of nostalgia. So much so, that he doesn't see the dark figure with the tommy gun lurking in the shadows.

"Let me out, please!" The ticket taker pleads.

003.jpg

Ratatatatatatatatatatatatat!

004.jpg

The tommy gun killer pokes Yan (JimButcher) with the barrel of his gun to make sure he's dead. As if the pile of guts gushing blood onto the sidewalk didn't give a clear enough indication. Stupid tommy gun killer...

"Hey! megabluck off!" The tommy gun killer tells me.

Now now. Language...

005.jpg

In the morning, The Hottie Criminal Construction Man is the first to discover the body of Yan and brings The Cross-Dressing Construction Man to see the carnage.

"Look at all the organs!" He exclaims, "Must've been a tommy gun or something semi-automatic. Pretty cool, huh? Should we poke it with a stick?"

006.jpg

"Good morning, Steve." The Hottie Criminal Construction Man says, "Working out pretty early, huh?"

"No," Steve explains, "Someone left this propped over the door to the bathroom. If I didn't know any better, I'd say someone was trying to kill me."

007.jpg

"Hey Hottie Criminal Construction Man," The Cross-Dressing Construction Man says with some intrepidation, "You can't kill my boyfriend."

"I know," The Hottie Criminal Construction man says sheepishly, "I'm sorry."

008.jpg

"Hey! You handcuffed us together!" The Cross-Dressing Construction Man cries.

"Yeah," The Hottie Criminal Construction Man laughs, "And I don't have the key."

009.jpg

Everyone arrives to see the sad and gruesome sight. There is a sense of dread and sorrow as the small group realizes that they are down to less than half of their original numbers and have lost many friends and loved ones. The chances of getting through together are very slim.

"...and one of us may have poison running through our veins as we stand here." Someone says.

Everyone shudders.

010.jpg

"My field office was hard at work last night sorting out the belongings of the three ladies who died." Agent Veronica says, "There is, of course, bad news and good news. Petra (Peanuts) was a member of the Town. Catya (The Crazy One) was also a member of the Town. Vera (KartoffelViking) was a member of the Baritones Mafia Family.

Everyone gasps a little.

011.jpg

"People it's very important that we take matters seriously and put in as much effort as possible to convict a member of the mafia!" Agent Veronica tells them, "In order to save this town, you must eradicate the threat amongst you."

"Rabid pygmy ducks?" Someone asks.

"Cannibal cheerleaders?" Somebody else guesses.

"What? No!" Agent Veronica cries, "Are you people even paying attention? This town needs to focus on the problem at hand. It will take everyone's participation today to find the scum among us. It may already be too late..."

"Will nobody think of the children?" Someone asks.

"This town doesn't have any children!!" Agent Veronica screams.

"Mommy, can we have some doughnuts?" Someone asks.

"I'm not your Mommy!" Agent Veronica says with a sigh of exasperation.

012.jpg

"People of Moonlight, I can giving no more fancy speeches," Ivan tells them.

"His speeches were fancy?" Someone wonders out loud.

"Please, The Baritones have found their way back here to our Moonlight." Ivan says, "They have taking so much from me: family, friends, business. I have defeating them before, but they are very powerful this time. And other evils have followed them. There is much danger around us. Please using your brains and all available resourcing to help eliminate threat."

"Who is this Russian chef guy?" Someone asks.

"Ugh," Ivan sighs, "Maybe is time for giving up. Maybe Wilem is being right that Moonlight is too stupids and deserving dead."

"Hey, what was Wilem's affiliation?" Someone asks.

013.jpg

"Wilem (WhiteFang) was a member of the Town." Agent Veronica tells them.

With that, the people of Moonlight, once again, begin discussing who amongst them is most likely a member of the mafia.

Day Seven has now begun. You may not vote in the first 24 hours.

The Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Scum. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to outnumber the Town. Any third party player will have win conditions that are detailed in their role PM...
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. You may also proxy your vote to another player, using this format; proxy: Character (Player) You may also unproxy your vote using this format; unproxy: Character (Player). You can re-proxy your vote as many times as you like, but only to players who haven't yet voted. Re-proxying to get an additional vote is not allowed.
  3. You are only allowed one unvote per game day. :devil_laugh:
  4. A game day will last 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage, or they will not be accepted, no exceptions.
  5. If you do not reach a conviction, there will be a penalty...
  6. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  7. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  8. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  9. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
  10. If you are converted, you must accept your new affiliation. If it's proven that you gave up your new team after conversion, the whole game will be null and you will most likely not to be asked to play one of my games again.
  11. You may not edit your posts.
  12. You must post in every day thread.
  13. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM. Please please please use only the confirmation PM I sent you to communicate with me. All new conversations regarding the game will be deleted.
  14. Violation of the above rules will result in automatic death.

Players

boris.jpg

Boris, a pawn shop owner, married to Barbara, played by Brickdoctor

denis.jpg

Denis, a construction worker, played by def

dmitri.jpg

Dmitri, a highway patrol officer, married to Raya, played by Dragonator

falicia.jpg

Falicia, a delivery woman, married to Patrick, played by Fugazi

irene.jpg

Irene, an artist, married to Benji, played by iamded

patrick.jpg

Patrick, a firefighter, married to Falicia, played by Pandora

polina.jpg

Polina, a Moonlight Transit Authority (MTA) employee, played by CallMePieOrDie

raya.jpg

Raya, a real estate agent, married to Dmitri, played by Rick

ruslana.jpg

Ruslana, the chief of Police, played by Quarryman

samuel.jpg

Samuel, retired mechanic, married to Sarah, played by Sandy

timur.jpg

Timur, a firefighter, brother of Donil and Nika, played by Captain Tamamono

The Deceased

benji_dead.jpg

Benji, a businessman, married to Irene, played by Big Cam - convicted on Day One (Town)

eugene_dead.jpg

Eugene, a manager of The Green Door Tavern, played by Eskallon - murdered on Night One (Town)

sarah_dead.jpg

Sarah, a retired piano teacher, married to Samuel, played by Sirius Black - died mysteriously during Day Two (Town)

yuri_dead.jpg

Yuri, a personal trainer, played by badboytje88 - Murdered on Night Two (Town)

elena_dead.jpg

Elena, a college professor, played by Inconspicuous - murdered on Night Two (Town)

max_dead.jpg

Max, a lawyer, played by Masked Builder - died mysteriously during Day Three (Scum)

donil_dead.jpg

Donil, a police officer, brother of Nika and Timur, played by Waterbrick Down - convicted on Day Three (Scum)

petr_dead.jpg

Petr, a construction worker, played by Zepher - murdered on Night Three (Town)

stanislav_dead.jpg

Stanislav, brewery manager, played by Shadows - murdered on Night Three (Town)

barbara_dead.jpg

Barbara, a yoga instructor, married to Boris, played by Bob The Construction Man - died mysteriously during Day Four (Town)

ruxana_dead.jpg

Ruxana, a pilot, played by Roncanator - convicted on Day Four (Town)

nika_dead.jpg

Nika, a firefighter, sister of Donil and Timur, played by CorneliusMurdock - blew herself up with a grenade on Night Four (Town)

petra_dead.jpg

Petra, a nurse, played by Peanuts - murdered on Night Five (Town)

catya_dead.jpg

Catya, a college student, engaged to Yan, played by The Crazy One - died from an unfortunate Full Moon related accident on Night Five (Town)

vera_dead.jpg

Vera, a highway patrol officer, played by KartoffelViking - died mysteriously on Day Six (Scum)

wilem_dead.jpg

Wilem, a Moonlight Transist Authority (MTA) employee, played by White Fang - convicted on Day Six (Town)

yan_dead.jpg

Yan, a college student, played by Jim Butcher - murdered on Night Six (Town)

Reserves

Millacol88

cralegoboy

bendybadger

Non-playing Characters

00_npc_ivan.jpg

Ivan, deli owner, widower of Florence

00_npc_steve.jpg

Steve, co-owner of Fogo de Chao, common-law-married to The Cross-Dressing Construction Man

00_npc_cdc.jpg

The Cross-Dressing Construction Man, co-owner of Fogo de Chao, common-law-married to Steve

00_npc_veronica.jpg

Agent Veronica, an FBI agent

At least we have confirmation of the second mafia group. We have the poisoner to thank for that, too.

Obviously we now know Dmitri was wrong when he said Wilem was a member of the Baritones Mafia. He's gotten results of both Town and Scum, so we know he's not naive or paranoid. He was right about some results, so we know he's not insane. And he was wrong about Wilem, so he's not normal. Therefore, he's either a random cop or he's lying.

Have we learned anything new in the Night, or are we picking up where we left off yesterday?

WHAT!? :oh3:

But...

I honestly don't know what to say everyone, this is a complete disaster. I have failed you all. I finally got a result I thought I could rely on, but by some cruel twist it turns out I was wrong all along. I'm so sorry Wilem, so very very sorry. :cry_sad:

I don't really know where to go from here. Ever since Stanislav died we've been spiralling ever deeper into confusion and hopelessness. At least the poisoner killed Vera for us, we have that to be thankful for. But this... I have made a mess of everything, I haven't helped my town at all...

I don't know why I got the result I did. I investigated Wilem as usual, and was told that after searching through his belongings I found some incriminating evidence that suggested he was from the Baritones Mafia. It couldn't have been any clearer could it?

All I can do now is apologise for the mess I have got us into. If it weren't for the two families, I'm sure the scum would already be close to having us beaten. However I would say we still have some time to correct this terrible mistake.

I suppose it doesn't overly matter any more, but last night I investigated my dear wife Raya. She is a townie so I am told, but I have no faith in my results any more at all, and I don't expect any of you too either. What a mess. :sadnew:

How could we have been wrong about Wilem!? :wall: Dmitri, you better have a good explanation...

And poor Yan! Who would want to kill him?

At least we've finally gotten confirmation of a second mafia family with Vera's death.

Obviously we now know Dmitri was wrong when he said Wilem was a member of the Baritones Mafia. He's gotten results of both Town and Scum, so we know he's not naive or paranoid. He was right about some results, so we know he's not insane. And he was wrong about Wilem, so he's not normal. Therefore, he's either a random cop or he's lying.

Or Wilem was framed. It's very unlikely, but I suppose it's possible.

But...

I honestly don't know what to say everyone, this is a complete disaster. I have failed you all. I finally got a result I thought I could rely on, but by some cruel twist it turns out I was wrong all along. I'm so sorry Wilem, so very very sorry. :cry_sad:

I don't really know where to go from here. Ever since Stanislav died we've been spiralling ever deeper into confusion and hopelessness. At least the poisoner killed Vera for us, we have that to be thankful for. But this... I have made a mess of everything, I haven't helped my town at all...

I don't know why I got the result I did. I investigated Wilem as usual, and was told that after searching through his belongings I found some incriminating evidence that suggested he was from the Baritones Mafia. It couldn't have been any clearer could it?

All I can do now is apologise for the mess I have got us into. If it weren't for the two families, I'm sure the scum would already be close to having us beaten. However I would say we still have some time to correct this terrible mistake.

I suppose it doesn't overly matter any more, but last night I investigated my dear wife Raya. She is a townie so I am told, but I have no faith in my results any more at all, and I don't expect any of you too either. What a mess. :sadnew:

Dmitri, you are almost definitely scum. If nothing big happens today, then my vote will be for you.

And people, don't come saying, "Oh, there's no way he's scum! He wouldn't have brought forward something like that if he were town!", because we could have already lost. Dmitri would've accounted for the poisoner's kill and planned accordingly. If a townie dies by poison today, we could very well lose the game... of life.

Also, what the hell is with all the bodies on the right side of this photo? As far as I know, those people are still alive. :wacko:

001.jpg

Also, what the hell is with all the bodies on the right side of this photo? As far as I know, those people are still alive. :wacko:

Isn't the one with the gray hair Max? He's dead.

Framing is a possibility that I hadn't thought of. Yet another scum power role to consider...

What happens if the target of a Naive Cop is framed?

Ugh. Do we even need to discuss anything today, or shall we just lynch Dmitri? :hmpf_bad: At least the poisoner got Vera. Now maybe we can get another Baritone. (Or Russian.)

I kinda noticed this too, but I think that's Ruslana.

But...

Blah blah blah, excuses excuses...

Oh â–“â–“â–“â–“ you. â–“â–“â–“â–“ you. Sorry, I keep spilling paint on my speech bubble. megabluck you dude, is what I've been trying to say. Is this the proof that all the townies needed? Dmitri is mother-lovin' SCUM. Come on guys. Shtanislav was right from the get-go. Dmitri's scum and you townies have been so ignorant as to entirely ignore that. Jesus H Christ if we don't convict Dmitri today, well megabluck. In that case, Wilem will have been right and this town will have been too stupid to make it through this.

Nope. That's Ruslana. There's also Patrick and (I assume?) Ivan.

What happens if the target of a Naive Cop is framed?

They get scum, I suppose. That makes Naive Cops even more useless and confusing. :hmpf:

Actually can I just, can I place my vote now? Because I've stuck with it for the past 2 days and it's not going to change until scummy scum scum-scum Dmitri is dead.

I kinda noticed this too, but I think that's Ruslana.

Oh, okay. Still hard to tell, but I can't see the knot in the hair, so that does look like Ruslana. The only other body I can identify is Patrick, who's alive.

Oh, okay. Still hard to tell, but I can't see the knot in the hair, so that does look like Ruslana. The only other body I can identify is Patrick, who's alive.

I think the other one's you. You're the only one here with gray legs.

Also, what's that red thing on Ruslana's back? It looks like a bandana.

They get scum, I suppose. That makes Naive Cops even more useless and confusing. :hmpf:

Ugh.

I think the other one's you. You're the only one here with gray legs.

Also, what's that red thing on Ruslana's back? It looks like a bandana.

You must have really good eyes. I can't see anything other than two heads with hair, a dark red thingy, and the legs that, based on the remaining people, probably are mine.

Look, this isn't exactly important. It looks like God was just busy setting up the set life.

I can understand why you are all so upset people. I am particularly upset too. If you want to lynch me then it is little more than I deserve after leading you all astray yesterday. I'm clearly not of any use to the town any more, if I ever was. :cry_sad: I can assure you that lynching me will only help the scum further towards gaining a majority, but I know after making such a big mistake there isn't really any hope of convincing you of my innocence.

I am sorry. I can't say that enough. :sad:

Oh. :sceptic:

I am very disappointed to see that Wilem was a townie after all. I was pretty sure that a scum would be caught this time, but the poisoner was smarter than us. As Wilem mentioned yesterday, his death will at least allow us to get a clearer picture of the forces moving among us.

I know that nothing is ever black or white, and that Dmitri could have been fooled while investigating Wilem (by a scum framer, or if Wilem was a miller) but the likelihood of him being scum is much greater.

Which is troubling, as we cannot trust the results of his past investigations. Which among the people he investigated (or claimed to) are really town, and which was he only trying to protect?

The presence of two mafia groups is reassuring in a way, because if scum are divided they will need more time to overcome both the townies and the other scum group. Hopefully enough time for us to weed them out of this town.

Dmitri's scum and you townies have been so ignorant as to entirely ignore that.

Excuse me? You townies?! :hmpf_bad:

I am sorry to tell that we have just lost our Peeping Tom in Yan. He tried to follow Dmitri on two consecutive nights, but first time he was blocked from leaving his house by a stranger standing at his door. The second time he was just blocked. These are two different types of blocks, if I've understood correctly. And now he's dead.

I think our course of action is clear at this point, but I just want to bring up the option that if Dmitri is a naive investigator, the scum would know about it. That way they could steer him to investigate Wilem and frame him. It would also mean at least one of the people Dmitri has already investigated and found innocent is scum. Obviously I know it isn't me, so what other options are there?

I want to nail Dmitri for leading us on for so long, but I have this horrible feeling it will cause us to lose... :sceptic:

We have to be extra careful today.

Dmitri you were wrong about Wilem, we know that now - poor Wilem, he was also wrong about there being two mafias as we now discover that Vera was actually a member of the Baritones mafia.

So why did you tell us Wilem was a memeber of the Baritones? Either you believed it yourself and have been tricked, or you deliberately misled us, because you're scum yourself. I know you've already said your piece, but I still can't quite decide about you. It's an audacious move to pull if you are scum, but I don't know why you'd draw attention to the presence of a second scum group if you were scum yourself. Having had proof that the Baritones exist now, I find it hard to believe you'd do this if you were a Baritone yourself, surely you'd want to stay hidden? But if you're a Russian it seems odd to draw attention to yourself in this way when you've lost two of your scummates. All of that notwithstanding, you were wrong, and we lost a good (but sweary) man in Wilem as a result of your words and we run the risk of losing more by listening to you.

The poisoner was out again it seems, from the picture everyone's been talking about. We know the Tommy gun killer struck, but do we also have a bike-riding-baseball-bat-wielding scum to deal with? And an evil chicken? Embarrassingly the poisoner has a better track record for finding scum than we do, although they've killed plenty of us along the way too. As always I fear for their actions but hope they managed to target a scum last night. I guess we'll find out, soon enough. :sceptic:

It's an audacious move to pull if you are scum, but I don't know why you'd draw attention to the presence of a second scum group if you were scum yourself. Having had proof that the Baritones exist now, I find it hard to believe you'd do this if you were a Baritone yourself, surely you'd want to stay hidden?

Actually, I think it makes it more likely he is a member of the Baritones himself. He knew the Baritones existed, otherwise he wouldn't have made the claim. It is still possible Wilem was framed though and Dmitri found out this way. And if he's a Baritone himself, he also know we'd find out Vera's alignment today anyway and we'd all have confirmation on the existence of the Baritones.

I just have to wonder who the poisoner is. They've now killed people from all factions, yet Wilem claimed his night action protected people from getting poisoned, and he was now confirmed as a townie.

I think this confirms the poisoner as a neutral serial killer. I just hope he or she hasn't aligned with any of the scum factions. With a lack of a vigilante, we townies could do with a person who keeps aiming for the bad guys.

Actually, I think it makes it more likely he is a member of the Baritones himself. He knew the Baritones existed, otherwise he wouldn't have made the claim. It is still possible Wilem was framed though and Dmitri found out this way. And if he's a Baritone himself, he also know we'd find out Vera's alignment today anyway and we'd all have confirmation on the existence of the Baritones.

I think it's entirely possible that he's not a Baritone but a Russian, and that the Russians have known about the Baritones from the beginning. This is just speculation however. I don't think it's possible that he isn't some sort of scum though, and I will be voting for him when the time comes. I didn't expect to be alive now to be honest, I thought we'd be done for if Wilem was Town, which it turned out he was.

And if he's a Baritone himself, he also know we'd find out Vera's alignment today anyway and we'd all have confirmation on the existence of the Baritones.

Might be worth noting, just for the record, that I revealed my result on Wilem before Vera was killed.

Might be worth noting, just for the record, that I revealed my result on Wilem before Vera was killed.

Sorry, my bad. :blush: Definitely worth noting then. So, considering you were right about Yan, the only real possibility you can be town now, is if Wilem was framed the night you investigated him.

Sorry, my bad. :blush: Definitely worth noting then. So, considering you were right about Yan, the only real possibility you can be town now, is if Wilem was framed the night you investigated him.

I would assume something like that is what happened, yes. Or perhaps he was a miller as someone suggested. All I know is what I was told, and that just doesn't make sense. This really sucks. *sigh*

I am sorry to tell that we have just lost our Peeping Tom in Yan. He tried to follow Dmitri on two consecutive nights, but first time he was blocked from leaving his house by a stranger standing at his door. The second time he was just blocked. These are two different types of blocks, if I've understood correctly. And now he's dead.

Yan was the Peeping Tom!? Did he tell you what his results from last night were before he died?

I think our course of action is clear at this point, but I just want to bring up the option that if Dmitri is a naive investigator, the scum would know about it. That way they could steer him to investigate Wilem and frame him. It would also mean at least one of the people Dmitri has already investigated and found innocent is scum. Obviously I know it isn't me, so what other options are there

Well, there's Patrick and Raya. I'd say it's most likely Patrick. I talked to him in private on Day 5 (?), and he said that he thought Dmitri was scum, yet he didn't vote for him or even express that opinion in public. If Dmitri is scum, he would have known about Wilem coming up as Town, so claiming to have found someone else innocent would make that person seem extremely suspicious, so I don't know what to think of Raya.

So why did you tell us Wilem was a memeber of the Baritones? Either you believed it yourself and have been tricked, or you deliberately misled us, because you're scum yourself. I know you've already said your piece, but I still can't quite decide about you. It's an audacious move to pull if you are scum, but I don't know why you'd draw attention to the presence of a second scum group if you were scum yourself. Having had proof that the Baritones exist now, I find it hard to believe you'd do this if you were a Baritone yourself, surely you'd want to stay hidden? But if you're a Russian it seems odd to draw attention to yourself in this way when you've lost two of your scummates. All of that notwithstanding, you were wrong, and we lost a good (but sweary) man in Wilem as a result of your words and we run the risk of losing more by listening to you.

Dmitri, who have you been in contact with recently? If you're town, then maybe we can find the person who asked you to investigate Wilem.

Actually, I think it makes it more likely he is a member of the Baritones himself. He knew the Baritones existed, otherwise he wouldn't have made the claim. It is still possible Wilem was framed though and Dmitri found out this way. And if he's a Baritone himself, he also know we'd find out Vera's alignment today anyway and we'd all have confirmation on the existence of the Baritones

Maybe Dmitri is a Baritone, and he and his team (Vera and a few others) had planned to get rid of a townie yesterday and win, but when Vera died, their plan was ruined. Dmitri couldn't very well just step back and say, "Oh, my bad! I don't think Wilem's scum after all.", so he continued with the conviction in hopes that the poisoner's victim today would be a member of the Town.

I just have to wonder who the poisoner is. They've now killed people from all factions, yet Wilem claimed his night action protected people from getting poisoned, and he was now confirmed as a townie.

Well, the Russians could have converted him/her after he/she killed Max, but I doubt that he/she is a member of the Baritones at this point. He/she is most likely still a serial killer. Does anyone have any idea who he/she is?

I would assume something like that is what happened, yes. Or perhaps he was a miller as someone suggested. All I know is what I was told, and that just doesn't make sense. This really sucks. *sigh*

I doubt he could be a miller and a poison doctor (or whatever) as Samuel claims.

Dmitri, who have you been in contact with recently? If you're town, then maybe we can find the person who asked you to investigate Wilem.

I made it quite clear on day 5 that I was going to investigate one of my three suspects. I spoke to Yan, briefly to Irene, and to my wife Raya. Yan wanted to discuss a theory he had about the poisoner, Irene just screamed the word scum at me over and over, and Raya questioned me on my choice of investigation targets so far. I did mention specifically that I would target one of my three suspects to her, but I made sure not to say which one.