Sign in to follow this  
Schfio factory

MOC: Eurasian Tree Sparrow 麻雀 (LEGO)

Amazingly piece of work! From far, I thought those are real sparrows. :wub:

They are so beautiful and I really adore all of the details in there. Thank you Schfio. It's great to see your talented works inside Eurobricks. :sweet:

These guys are awesome!

In this particular situation I really like how you've set the sparrows up in a real-world environment. As they look to be approximately 1:1, having them on a fountain or sitting on a park bench is a perfect way to highlight how well done these MOCs actually are. You might want to adjust your camera settings slightly though as some of the images are a bit overexposed. I must say, you really have a lot of talent so I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

So cute :wub:. And so awesome :sweet:. And so realistic! :thumbup:

Great posing in those photos too. Excellent job!

Simply beautiful creation! The brilliant outdoor photography effectively adds another level of realism to these cute brickbuilt sparrows. Great job! :thumbup:

Hello!

They're very pretty looking little birds! :classic: I like the one best which partially rises his wings on the bench. Simply cute! :sweet:

Cheers,

~ Christpher

Amazing work! Lovely little Sparrows. Never seen anything like it before.

I have a question though; is it correct that one of the sparrows can move his wings?

First of all, I want to say Hello to you all from HK! Thanks for all your kindly appreciated.

To make the sparrow, I need to make a simple sketch before. So accurate scale is done.

Since LEGO bricks are "static" pieces, in order to make animals sculpture seems "alive", I try to make them stand with different posture. How to make them much realistic? A research on the activity of real sparrows in the park is required. In additions, I read several books about them.

The sparrows there do love to stand at the rim of the fountain! However, I have made a mistake! I have took those photos at a wrong timing. Real sparrows do not appear in the park at noon under strong sunlight. Thus, you may find there is over-exposure on my photos. I'm sorry about that!

:tongue:

Edited by Schfio factory

That is really cute. They look very realistic in their natural environment.

Very impressive. If I didn't know better I would have thought those were real! Keep up the brilliant work!