migbarroso

MOD: Lighthouse Island

indexed.gif B-OV-17D

Ever since I saw the Creator set 5770 I decided I had to buy it. But I wasn´t happy with the island where it stands. It looks too fragile and vulnerable to high tides, big waves, etc. Therefore, I decided to improve the island adding also more details, objects and minifigs to make it more realistic in the minifig scale.

dsc_4396._djpg.jpg

dsc_4397_c.jpgdsc_4398_c.jpg

While I like the original, I just can't believe how much better it looks on that baseplate. Great idea, and a very tempting thing to try!

And that sailor's cap really suits the fisherman :)

Perfect modifications there 'migbarroso', that base plate brings out the whole idea of a lighthouse on a rocky outcrop - huge :thumbup: ! :grin:

Brick On ! :grin:

Now that looks like a real lighthouse. That base plate really adds character. Good work.

Now that looks alive and busy the way it should have been, I just finished building this set the other day and must admit yours looks more like a LEGO set then LEGO's one, Now i must go to Bricklink and see if i can find myself one of them baseplates!!

a big :thumbup: well done sir...

That looks excellent. Love the use of the baseplate as it makes such a huge difference to the finished model. Really nice placement of all the little details too :classic: