Sirens-of-Titan

The Purge of Evil (MOC)

indexed.gif

Hello all!

I've been planning this one for a long time,the dramatic resolution to the fantasy story I present to you:

"The Purge of Evil" :grin:

1313724440m_DISPLAY.jpg

Story:

The land of Kavala is a territory nestled in the hot deserts between Leon and the Eastern Kingdoms. Travelers and armies alike avoid the cursed wastelands when possible; and for good reason.

Kavala is the home of the vampiri clans; blood-thirsty beings that command an archaic type of magic which allows them to pass between the spirit world and the real one. Although they are creatures of flesh and blood, vampiri are in essence demonic spirits that make their way across the veil and terrorize the world of men.

Count Vlad of Kavala has long been a scourge on the Kingdom of Leon. His armies of slavers and ghoulish fiends have plagued Leon’s parishes for nearly ten years; pillaging, burning and killing. With the aid of a monstrous drake Count Vlad’s forces have destroyed dozens of towns and even the Impregnable Castle Leon; the former dominion of Asparuh the Warrior.

Now the King of Leon authoritatively moves against the wicked Count with a full force and the aid of the kingdom’s most remarkable heroes. Asparuh of Leon and his companions have invaded Kavala making their way to Vlad’s capital and seat of power; The Fortress of Zagora.

After a long and costly battle the outer wall of the fortress has fallen and only the keep itself remains. Inside, Count Vlad and the remnants of his clan and army lash out against the advancing knights, breaking them at the walls as if they were waves in a sea. Asparuh and his companions now make a final push on the keep and attempt to, once and for all, purge the evil of Vlad and the vampiri form the face of the earth.

1313724443m_DISPLAY.jpg

1313724446m_DISPLAY.jpg

Asparuh the Warrior Leads the Assult

1313724449m_DISPLAY.jpg

1313724452m_DISPLAY.jpg

Ghouls! Cursed men who have been turned by the Vampiri, their suffering will soon come to an end...

1313724455m_DISPLAY.jpg

Edrin the Wizard takes no chances when it comes to undead annihilation

1313724458m_SPLASH.jpg

1313724461m_SPLASH.jpg

1313724464m_DISPLAY.jpg

1313724469m_DISPLAY.jpg

1313724476m_DISPLAY.jpg

Count Vlad and his second-in-command Nya overlook the battle below

1313724482m_SPLASH.jpg

1313724489m_DISPLAY.jpg

On the high terrace of Zagora, a decade of pain and suffering end with a single thrust of Asparuh's blade. Count Vlad is no more, good triumphs over evil today...

To see the full set of Pictures please see my MOCPAGES LINK

I hope you enjoy it! Comments are welcome! :sweet:

This is so good :oh: . Easily the best one you've made so far in this series. Although I don't feel like it's really a conclusion since everybody knows Vampires have to be staked throught the heart with a wooden stake in order for them to die :tongue: (hmm, bad choice of words when it comes to Vampire :hmpf_bad: ). Maybe we'll see how the Vampire rises again, slowly regaining power?

Anyway, the castle looks really great. The colourscheme is simple, but it does the job. The use of only dark bley and light bley, while looking very monotonous in many MOCs, is well executed here. It really conveys the dark, gothic looks you probably strived for. The minifigs are once again perfectly positioned and parts well chosen.

Really, there's not much to say except "job well done :thumbup: ". I truly hope this isn't the real end of this series. I love the combination of MOCs and good background stories. Or will you be starting a new series instead, focussed on other characters?

EDIT I forgot: the "Monster In the Deep" is really awesome too!

This is really good, I love the ramp and the wall design, it looks very interesting.

truely brilliant :thumbup:

please don't end the series

Absolutely stunning creation, it looks alive and evil!

The only nitpick I have is to change the face of Vlad with the face of the other vampire, it just looks more evil. :devil:

Where do I start, oh I know, FRONTPAGED! :laugh: Love the beastie in the pit, the walls are just amazing, the cheese roofs continue to look exquisite, the action, nice broadsword, great figures, slopes, angles, curves, oh my!

Well done mate. :thumbup:

Wow, what a piece, all those details. And I really like the way you have made several stories here. Dragon in the dungeon, Dracula, Zombie peasants.

Edit: Also, cheese slopes as roof. I'm not sure if I have seen that before, but it works brilliantly!

Edited by Soulgem

Three thumbs up :) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

An absolutely fantastic moc with lots of very nice details and design.

My favourite is the monster in the deep with his claws between the lattice.

AWESOME castle and plenty of action 'Sirens-Of-Titan', congrats on being Front Paged too ! :grin:

Fantastic work and Brick On 'Sirens-Of-Titan' ! :grin:

Absolutely cool, very detailed and everything...

I was especially impressed by your use of the geisha-face, nice idea to give it to an evil / undead woman!

Very nice MOC, omg!!

I love the small details you made at the walss, and ofcourse, the demon's hole!

Very impressive...

I demand an LDD file of this! :laugh:

I love this!

You did such a great job, one of th emore interesting castle designs and the story and minifigs are very well done.

I love the use of the grey parrots as gargoyles/rainspouts.

Very Imaginative.

Do you just set down and start building or do you plan it out first?

I love the architecture of the castle. And the design makes it look much larger than it really is, with the multitude of towers, balconies and staircases. I also like the background story very much, with the vampire clan and the group of heroes fighting them. I would've maybe experimented with the color palette of the castle some more, but on the other hand the castle looks very cohesive now.

I have to add that this MOC and story would fit perfectly to a quest of the Heroica RPG (nudge nudge). :wink:

Thank you all for the great comments and thank you very much ISC for the frontpage! :blush:

To answer a few questions;

1) Yes I do plan these out, but just the general layout and shape and not on a stud-by-stud basis. I mostly get an idea for a theme and go with it whenever possible, modding each little section until it fits well with the rest.

2) Although this is the end of Asparuh's story I will have one more fantasy series based around a new character, with a different approach/edge. These were all very straight forward MOC's without too much overlap in the story save for the characters. My plan is to do one that is a bit more-elaborate yet still allows for independent appreciation of each individual MOC. What can I say, I'm loving fantasy right now and I still have a few ideas I simply must put into brick form before doing something outside of the theme. :wink: For those who enjoy these I say this; you won't be disappointed in the new approach and new characters, and those who don't probably won't mind either way. :classic:

3) Unfortunately no LDD files exist for this, and I have bent quite a few rules of conventional attachment of bricks (without violating any) so it would not really work if I tried to make one. The wall is very very simple (a mosaic of bricks and headlight bricks with tiles attached.) and the towers are simply 8 hinge pieces and on top of them headlight bricks with cheese slopes, and round bricks.

4) Sandy I'd be honored to have this as a location in your Heroica RPG, please let me know what you have in mind. :thumbup:

Thanks again to all!

Looks great! I really like the story (of course) and the set-up of all the characters. But I also like the ramp/incline and how it is situated. Keep up the good work!

The build is absolutely stunning.

I love all the little details you put in.

I think I set a new record looking at the pictures.

Truly fantastic work. I can't even pick out my favorite thing here - there's too many!

Very inspirational build :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is another excellent moc! I absolutely love the design of your castle. Especially the fact that there are so many curved angles in it makes this set exceptional. I love the use of the cheese slope - which definitively makes you unique. Love the colour use and the fact that you use dark bley log bricks as the foundation and the light bley as the finishing. Combined with the dark tan soil that is one impressive colour scheme. Once again, truly amazing MOC! Well done!