Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

MOC: Maelstrom

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

5965403548_30f459d15f_z.jpg

The Maelstrom is a rhino class vessel and like all other Free State Alliance planes, co-opted from civilian use. Formerly used by the Independent State of Swift in its mail cargo fleet to run packets and parcels from island state to island state. Modified to deliver bombs to drone factories, air strips and launch pads. The heavy guns on this craft are for taking down the Empire’s flying fortresses. The added armour has done nothing for speed but makes these craft sturdy.

Flying in squadrons following the reconnaissance planes, these heavy hitters never leave a target standing.

This MOC was built after more experimentation with parts. Somewhat styled after Lancaster Bombers and other planes of that ilk. I used the dark blue purely because I like the colour and my large Agents collection supplied a lot of useful parts.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

As someone who likes a bit of Dark blue at the moment, this is quite pleasing aesthetically speaking. Perhaps some more tiling to make the wings a bit more streamlined would help out? Good job nonetheless Pep.

Mmmm, dark blue! :wub: I see you've been using more long wedges for the fuselage - works nicely :wink:

Hello!

I like the new cockpit concept. The transparent dish is in excellent use here. :classic:

May I suggest to widen the rear wings a bit? They seem to be too short and look slightly out of proportion. Maybe you could use 3x6 wedge plates instead. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Chris

Peppermint_M, your recent line of planes has inspired me to finally make my first post so that I can tell you just how awesome and awe-inspiring your recent line of airplanes and aircraft's are.

I love the color scheme on this one, and the cockpit is really cool, probably my favorite part of this design. I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Mmm, ... dark blue, it looks really good on the plane. And indeed, and interesting technique for the cockpit.

Thanks Guys! This one was an attempt to remove myself from stubby planes while still using my favourite technique of the moment.

I can't take full credit for the cockpit, I am sure I have come across it every now and then in other builds.