Sign in to follow this  
Ingrimm

Dwarven Mining Outpost

indexed.gif

Hello EB Members!

I built a little 32x20 MOC about a group of brave dwarves working at their mining outpost on the border to elven territory.

Fortified by some grilled meat and booze, they are ready for their next shift in the small but profitable silver mine.

Dwarven Mining Outpost

5945767618_034b44bfcc_z.jpg

Woe to them who disturb the peace of the forest.

More pictures in the album at Flickr.

Edited by TazManiac
Indexed

Very nice bignette you have here Ingrimm!

I love the detail you put into the forest section, it really looks alive and untamed - exactly what I'd expect from a forest ruled by elves. :sweet:

The mine itself is also well built, and looks very authentic. I see you've snuck in the weapons from Blacksmith Attack, and perhaps expanded on the trees from the King's Carriage set? I can't quite tell with that last one, but overall, what a splendid MOC.

Also, brilliant photography. It's always nice to see a great MOC coupled with great presentation. :thumbup:

-A.S.

Very nice bignette you have here Ingrimm!

I love the detail you put into the forest section, it really looks alive and untamed - exactly what I'd expect from a forest ruled by elves. :sweet:

The mine itself is also well built, and looks very authentic. I see you've snuck in the weapons from Blacksmith Attack, and perhaps expanded on the trees from the King's Carriage set? I can't quite tell with that last one, but overall, what a splendid MOC.

Also, brilliant photography. It's always nice to see a great MOC coupled with great presentation. :thumbup:

-A.S.

Thank you!

And yes, you are right, this MOC contains the parts of 6918 Blacksmith Attack, 7188 King's Carriage and the 2x 4865 The Forbidden Forest. :classic:

Looking great :thumbup:

You've incorporated some beautifull scenes in the build.

Great job.

Excellent looking creation 'Ingrimm', great mine and small feast going on there.....hopefully they don't drink too much booze ! :grin:

Brick On 'Ingrimm' ! :grin:

Very Nice Ingrimm, I see a lot of pieces in there I don't have. I think your Diorama is very creative and a lot of fun to look at,

Great eye Candy buddy, easily a 5 star creation. The spider web and the mushrooms are really neat and where did you get all the shiny stones from? Sorry about the bold script guys, I copied Ingrimm's name to paste it here, I'll do something different next time eh default_laugh_new.gif

I like the combination of dark green and regular green you use for the trees a lot. I think you are very good with wood and stone (sounds like a dwarvish compliment).

I am currently working on some kind of tree, especially on the question of how to built the forest floor under that tree. Your floor with the gray 1x1 tiles on reddish brown works very well in connecting the mine to the forest optically.

Great work, Ingrimm! As a fan of this style of fantasy, I think you have really done a good job of capturing the dwarven spirit in this MOC. As far as the model itself goes, I'm impressed with the entrance to the mine. Excellent use of color variation.