def

The Coming Darkness - Day Four

5907668256_ed9ceb4773_b.jpg

The wind was blowing hard, the clouds hadn't dispersed. Day by day, the atmosphere had gotten worse and worse. Still, the residents of New Lower Brickton by the Sea were not about to give up. The fate of their town, and perhaps the world was hanging in the balance.

5941247227_03543ee4c4_z.jpg

Good morning, we~ where are the rest of you?

5941808712_033e8a65a6_z.jpg

Bubb Kupp submitted, "I suppose Roweena is on the way sir."

Bubb, we don't have time for this, I'd like you to get her.

"Certainly sir." And with that, Bubb ran off to find his boss.

5941247369_1197d8c864_z.jpg

So, anyone know any good jokes?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time passed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"...but you megabluck one goat..." Shananikin finished his joke and the town had an uncomfortable laugh. At that moment, Bubb Kupp ran back in the room.

5941808846_88eb39e21d_z.jpg

"Sir, sir! Roweena Karnata's dead! And that's not all! My brother Addy Kupp, and my sister Mistress Kupp, both are dead! I found more cards than I could carry!"

killcard.pngkillcard.pngkillcard.png

Oh dear, we've lost three more town members. This is truly dire.

5941808912_8b55a634ab_z.jpg

We have lost too many. We are truly in a precarious position. If we do not find out who the Dark Ones are today, we are doomed.

Oh, and one more thing I need to mention. I finished the autopsy of Hing Leigh today, and it appears that he choked on his applesauce. It can be ruled an unfortunate accident and not a murder.

Please, save us all!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All players now have 24 hours until the end of the game! They may choose to play their witness cards, but please keep in mind:

- there are a set number of clues for each death.

- each player has only two cards to use over four days, so cooperation is imperative

- their will be no challenge today, the three challenges are complete

And a special hint to all players:

If you're not going to be around for the last few hours of the game day, be it for work, school, sleep, or otherwise, I strongly recommend proxying your vote to someone who will be around. It could make all the difference between winning and losing.

RULES

The game takes place in 24-hour rounds (a Day Round and a Night Round) over the course of 7 days in the quaint village of Lower Brickton by the Sea.

During the Day Rounds, excitable citizens take it into their hands to lynch one of the players.

During the Night Rounds, the town's population is preyed upon by The Dark Ones!

TEAMS

-There are two teams: The Town and The Dark Ones.

-There are an unknown number of players on each team.

-There are no special roles in either team.

-Members of The Town will not know the identities of their teammates.

-Members of The Dark Ones may or may not know the identities of their teammates.

-IMPORTANT! For The Town, this is a No-PM game. Posting in the public game thread is the only method of game-related communication allowed for members of this team (i.e. no Skype, Facebook, Twitter, or whatever.)

-For The Dark Ones, this may or may not be a No-PM game.

OBJECTIVE

-The team left with the most players at the end of the 4th Day Round will be declared the winners.

-All players win or lose with their team, so if you're killed during the game and your team wins, you're still a winner. So work together!

-If it becomes impossible for one of the teams to win, the game will end early and the other team will be declared the winners.

Note: Some non-player characters may be mentioned during the game, but these characters do not contribute to the numbers on either team.

GAME PLAY

Day Rounds

-The day round lasts 24 hours. During that time a player may vote for another player to be lynched by publicly voting in the game thread.

-At the end of the round, the player with the most votes is subjected to a brutal death at the hands of the mob.

-Votes should be stated in the public thread in bold. E.g. "I VOTE/UNVOTE [name]".

-Players may nominate any other player to be their proxy for the day, thus voting the same way as their proxy.

-In the event of a tie, the first player to achieve that number of votes will be convicted.

IMPORTANT! Failure to vote or nominate a proxy will result in a penalty of 5 lynch votes the following day!

Night Rounds

-The Night Round begins when the day ends and lasts 24 hours. During that 24 hour window, members of The Dark Ones may murder other players.

There will be no more night rounds

ID CARD

- Each player will receive a Character card containing a full photo of themselves.

- Players may choose to reveal this card at any time in the public thread, or not.

GAME CARDS

There are 3 types of game card in play...

WITNESS CARD

- Play this card to receive a clue about a crime.

- Each player will receive 2 Witness cards.

- To play a Witness card, post it in the public thread and nominate the crime you want the clue about.

- The clue will be sent by PM to the player who played the card.

- If more than one player witnesses the same crime, they may receive further clues. If the same clue is received by more than one player, that signifies there are no further clues to be revealed about that crime.

- Witness cards may only be played during Day, up to any length of time after the crime occurred.

INVESTIGATION CARD

- Play this card to identify which team another player is on.

- Players can win Investigation cards by solving challenges (more on this below).

- To play an Investigation card, post it in the public thread and nominate the player under investigation. Players may not investigate themselves.

- The result of the investigation will be sent by PM to the player who played the card.

- Investigation cards may only be played during the Day, and do not have to be played on the same day they are won.

KILL CARD

- Play this card to murder another player.

- Each of The Dark Ones will receive 1 Kill card.

- To play a Kill card, send it to me in a PM along with the name of the victim.

- Murder cards may played during Day or Night, but will only take effect during the Night Round.

Cards are not transferable.

Use of forged or altered cards is not allowed.

CHALLENGES

-During the course of the game, at different times of day, at least three challenges will be presented in the public thread.

-If you solve a challenge, send the answer to me by PM.

-Each player may only submit one answer for each challenge (no second chances or revisions!)

-The first player to send me the correct answer will win an Investigation card.

-If no fully correct answer is received within the challenge's allotted time, the player whose answer I deem closest to the solution will win the Investigation card.

-The winner of the challenge will be announced in the public thread.

-Challenges are over!

Finally...

Note to The Town: Although the odds may seem stacked against you, the game is really yours to lose. A considered assessment of the clues is the key to your success.

Have fun!

5907332661_8c6f04e977_m.jpg Camanakin Skywalker - Town hustler (Big Cam)

5907888674_d4f8228c35_m.jpg Womanikin Skywalker - Housewife/Wife of Mugg Kupp (Badboytje88)

5907888598_cce79fe9b6_m.jpg Mugg Kupp - Military propagandist/Husband of Womanikin (MacK)

5907332365_91817bfc48_m.jpg Scotty Pie - University Academic (CallMePieOrDie)

5907888720_35ae2b6ee9_m.jpg Shenanikin Skywalker - Elementary School Student (sok117)

5907888410_dc84338ce8_m.jpg Donena Buena - Jeweler (Donut)

5907888754_663c52784e_m.jpg Bananakin Skywalker - Town bicycle (Brickdoctor)

5907888304_3ab05fa105_m.jpg Professor Flutwuck - University Professor (Professor Flitwick)

5907888352_e6626a80f0_m.jpg Mrs. Le Goninja - Pub owner/Wife of Ram Strut (Mrlegoninja)

5907888258_0246d5c102_m.jpg Ram Strut - Bouncer/husband of Mrs. Le Goninja (Rumble Strike)

5907332609_0a63d0f4e8_m.jpg Robanakin Skywalker - Town guard (Roboku)

5907888132_1bcd37cf43_m.jpg Addy Kupp - Importer/exporter (ADHO15)

5907888000_8036f872c9_m.jpg Craig Otoko - Freelance muscle (cralegoboy)

5907331743_3955bdf506_m.jpg Bubb Kupp - Town guard (Bob the Construction Man)

5907887842_219d94437b_m.jpg Roweena Karnata - Town guard general (Roncanator)

5907331955_6a63b7b421_m.jpg Misstress Kupp - Hostess (Jedi Master Brick Fugazi)

5907888048_6721a09e7e_m.jpg Burrito - Horse Whisperer (Burman Pandora)

Well comrades it seems we are in the final day of our ordeal, today we will crush the dark one threat.

Well, my last witness card.

witnesscard.png

I would like to investigate the murder of Roweena. Hopefully this will do us some good.

5929570006_a53815bf54.jpg

Remaining Witness Cards in play:

Bob - 1

Big Cam - 1

Rumble Strike - 1

Badboytje88 - 1

Sok117 - 2

Oh my, three more gone! :cry_sad:

Before we go anywhere, Town Elder, are we allowed to play cards towards a previous murder? The murder if Craig Otoko remains unsolved from Yesterday.

What, there are more killers amongst us!! Captain my Captain! This is not the field promotion any guard hopes for.

Of the 13 of us alive at the end of yesterday, we have at least 4 Dark ones, or maybe 5 Dark ones and 8 town. I get 4 Dark Ones from 4 unsolved murders. 3 deaths today suggests it is (very probably but not definitely) 4 Dark Ones and 9 Town, so of our 10 living today, 4 Dark Ones and 6 Town is my best guess.

From yesterday`s players, our confirmed town are:

Roweena (RIP general!)

Addy (RIP)

Mistress Kupp (RIP)

ScottyPie

Camanakin

probably Town (honest investigators)

Robanakin

Bananakin

so we have 4 confirmed Town alive.

The town does not need to investigate any of today`s terible events. Why do I say this? Because, for yesterday`s Otoko case, we have 3 bulletproof witneses -

Mistress Kupp (confirmed town) - clue - man

ScottyPie (confirmed town) - clue - had a wedding ring

Bananakin (very probably town as defended Camanakin ) - clue - green

this brings the list to Ram and Mugg, of which, Ram became utterly irrational towards the end last night, and my default will be just to vote for him unless I hear a better idea. Either Ram Strut or Mugg Kupp is definitely a Dark One.

Today, the Dark Ones will lay a trail of confusion and mess with our heads. Our only definitely trustworthy town member with witness cards left is Camanakin. We probably won`t get any better chances via witness cards today than we already have with the Otoko case, and there are no more investigation cards.

well thankfully I have still retained all my witness cards! Take that Dark Ones!

witnesscard.png

I would like to investigate the death of Rowena so we can further narrow down the clue that we already will have.

5907888674_d4f8228c35_m.jpg Womanikin Skywalker - Housewife/Wife of Mugg Kupp (Badboytje88)

5907888598_cce79fe9b6_m.jpg Mugg Kupp - Military propagandist/Husband of Womanikin (MacK)

5907888720_35ae2b6ee9_m.jpg Shenanikin Skywalker - Elementary School Student (sok117)

5907888352_e6626a80f0_m.jpg Mrs. Le Goninja - Pub owner/Wife of Ram Strut (Mrlegoninja)

5907888258_0246d5c102_m.jpg Ram Strut - Bouncer/husband of Mrs. Le Goninja (Rumble Strike)

5907332609_0a63d0f4e8_m.jpg Robanakin Skywalker - Town guard (Roboku)

5907331743_3955bdf506_m.jpg Bubb Kupp - Town guard (Bob the Construction Man)

This are our last possible scum.

ONE of these 2 is a scum.

Now, we have had 4 unsolved murders as of yet. That means we have 4 remaining scum, but luckily, 6 remaining townies. I think the only reason the game has not ended is because it's possible we could tie ourselves by lynching a townie.

That means if we solve Craig's murder, we win.

Continue focusing on this crime. We confirm all clues, we win.

Oh my, three more gone! :cry_sad:

Before we go anywhere, Town Elder, are we allowed to play cards towards a previous murder? The murder if Craig Otoko remains unsolved from Yesterday.

5929570006_a53815bf54.jpg

- Witness cards may only be played during Day, up to any length of time after the crime occurred.

Ah, sorry, take Robanikin off the list, I forgot he's pretty much saved my life.

Well, I recieved my clue. The person fleeing was a woman.

I know I am town, and I trust that Bananakin is town, so I Vote: Womanakin Skywalker/ Badboytje88

I got my clue for Rowena's murder

"The killer was wearing mostly white"

That leaves Mrs. Le Goninja or Bananikin. I have an odd inkling that perhaps Bananikin is a Dark One. I know that she has done a whole lot for this town, but I can't help wondering why she hasn't been killed already. She is a great player that I would believe that she would be an easy target that the dark ones would eliminate. It's just a feeling, but its slowly creeping over me. I await the other clues desperatly. I will hold onto my other witness card until we can get some more information, specifically Mrs. Le Goninjas clue.

Well, I recieved my clue. The person fleeing was a woman.

I know I am town, and I trust that Bananakin is town, so I Vote: Womanakin Skywalker/ Badboytje88

Okay, so in the time it took me to think up my speech, the other clue has surfaced. I'm kinda sceptical about this clue, because that coupled with my clue, doesn't do anything to help narrow down the killers.

The list remains the same and I still retain that feeling that Bananikan is possibly the killer, but I may just be over thinking.

I got my clue for Rowena's murder

Mind helping to confirm Craig's clues?

Bananakin is the scum. He made the perfect cover, helping the town so that he could cover for himself. If someone can play a third witness card we will know that Bananakin is scum. So, I Unvote: Womanakin.

Mind helping to confirm Craig's clues?

I'm not sure I follow, to my understanding, we already got all three clues for that murder yesterday, did we not?

I'm not sure I follow, to my understanding, we already got all three clues for that murder yesterday, did we not?

I said confirm.

And now I think you and Le Go are making it laughably obvious who the scum are.

Vote: Shenanakin Skywalker/sok117

By now I am beyond doubt you're scum. You, Le Goninja, Ram/Mugg (one of the two) and some other. You idiots are actually going to vote out the person who led us to the lynch of one of our first scums, when she could have easily made it look like Camanakin was the killer? Go tell whoever's pulling your strings to make it a bit less obvious next time.

I said confirm.

By now I am beyond doubt you're scum. You, Le Goninja, Ram/Mugg (one of the two) and some other. You idiots are actually going to vote out the person who led us to the lynch of one of our first scums, when she could have easily made it look like Camanakin was the killer? Go tell whoever's pulling your strings to make it a bit less obvious next time.

Like I said, I am not scum. It is possible that Shenanakin was lying about the clue. I have been truthful. The clue about being a Woman I knew would draw attention to myself. But I posted the truth anyway. So suspect me and vote me out. But if you're town you will all fail, and then I know who'll be laughing then.

Like I said, I am not scum. It is possible that Shenanakin was lying about the clue. I have been truthful. The clue about being a Woman I knew would draw attention to myself. But I posted the truth anyway. So suspect me and vote me out. But if you're town you will all fail, and then I know who'll be laughing then.

That's what we call a scumyell, honey. And didn't your Carly do that on day one?

That's what we call a scumyell, honey. And didn't your Carly do that on day one?

Cam got cleared after he got investigated.

You got cleared after getting investigated.

This was your scenerio, but Robanakin came out to investigate you, and prove you town. If some one investigates me, my name would be clear.

But that's not what I want. I want Either Kupp or my husband to be investigated, because even if I die, I will win.

Cam got cleared after he got investigated.

You got cleared after getting investigated.

This was your scenerio, but Robanakin came out to investigate you, and prove you town. If some one investigates me, my name would be clear.

But that's not what I want. I want Either Kupp or my husband to be investigated, because even if I die, I will win.

No, I'm talking about in Carly's case. She said the killer was smiling, which she was, and said it anywya, although she was a Dark One.

You said the killer was a woman, and immedietely voted for Womanikin.

Shenanakin said the killer was wearing white, so you unvoted, although you're going along with his theory that likely one of our most trustworthy townies is scum.

And in case you've missed it, we don't have any more investigation cards to play. But the fact you don't want yourself investigated...well, let's just say...are you ****ing serious?

And no, sorry, only townies still win if they die. The same doesn't go for scum like yourself.

Unvote: Shenanakin Skywalker/sok117

Vote: Ms. Le Goninja/Mrlegoninja

Just in case, although I'm positive both of you still are.

We still haven't had a third clue in this case yet. Is someone afraid to show up and use a witness card and prove their friend Bananakin is scum?

I said confirm.

Are you serious? your voting for me even though there are no clues against me? Sorry about having a megablocking opinion. I think your just a bit to narrow-minded. Haven't you wondered why two of the most trusty and active players have yet to be killed? It would be a no-brainer for the scum to take out the active and strong players, wouldn't you think? At the beginning of this week, everything was already stacked up against this town, there are at least four killers still out there and only six townies, that means that if we lose another townie today, were done, finished, so we need to be rational here and attack this from all angles, I've offered a theory, is it correct? perhaps, perhaps not, there is no way of knowing yet. Notice how I havn't voted yet? and I'm looking for opinions, use your f***ing head! There are two suspects for this case, if we don't look at all the possibilities, then there is no way that the town can prevail. I guess we can confirm that your town, however that doesn't save you from being stupid. By all means I could be wrong, I could be overthinking, I just find it fishy that the two most active and strong players have made it this far.

To (hopefully) clear everything up, I will play my last witness card to clear up the case of Rowena

witnesscard.png

Are you serious? your voting for me even though there are no clues against me? Sorry about having a megablocking opinion. I think your just a bit to narrow-minded. Haven't you wondered why two of the most trusty and active players have yet to be killed? It would be a no-brainer for the scum to take out the active and strong players, wouldn't you think? At the beginning of this week, everything was already stacked up against this town, there are at least four killers still out there and only six townies, that means that if we lose another townie today, were done, finished, so we need to be rational here and attack this from all angles, I've offered a theory, is it correct? perhaps, perhaps not, there is no way of knowing yet. Notice how I havn't voted yet? and I'm looking for opinions, use your f***ing head! There are two suspects for this case, if we don't look at all the possibilities, then there is no way that the town can prevail. I guess we can confirm that your town, however that doesn't save you from being stupid. By all means I could be wrong, I could be overthinking, I just find it fishy that the two most active and strong players have made it this far.

To (hopefully) clear everything up, I will play my last witness card to clear up the case of Rowena

witnesscard.png

You idiot, if both if you and Le Goninja are scum you're the only two that's used a damn clue today, and the only one with all the power of this case! Then again, you know that.

Why are they still alive? Because the scum have been taking out the people with witness cards. Have you noticed you, a scum, haven't used any, although you still live? That's not fishy, that's a slap in the megablocks with a trout. I guarentee you the 4 remaining scum are going to be voting along with you and Le Go against Bananakin. It'll be easier then to tell who the rest of the scum are. But if we, the TOWNIES, can keep our heads and vote Le Go's megablocks out, then you might as well admit you're scum right now. Using a witness card doesn't make you a townie.

Like I said, why do you want to vote me out. You have barely any evidence to support it. We should go ahead and lynch Kupp or Ram from the Otoko case. There is much more evidence, and we, the Town, are more likely to get scum.

Like I said, why do you want to vote me out. You have barely any evidence to support it. We should go ahead and lynch Kupp or Ram from the Otoko case. There is much more evidence, and we, the Town, are more likely to get scum.

Because of the fact you and Shennanakin are initiating a very well rehearsed claim against Bananakin, a nearly confirmed townie from day one. It looks staged, and it's rather interesting both of you are the only ones using witness cards.

THEN WHY THE HELL DID YOU INVESTIGATE ROWEENA'S MURDER INSTEAD OF CRAIG'S?