Page_2.png

Page_3.png

Page_4.png

Page_5.png

Page_6.png

Page_7.png

Page_8.png

Page_9e.png

This is my first time to join the LEGO HKACG Competition and so lucky I enter to final 12

This MOC Limited by the game rule that in size 32 x 64 x 40CM, so the height of the castle was adjusted.

Update: 7/28/2011 arrived HKACG for LEGO official contest.

224419_10150741451995131_598605130_19989800_8006518_n.jpg

222409_10150734910550131_598605130_19901058_5205232_n.jpg

8/2/2011 The contest is end, it got 3rd on public ranking, but it got 6th on total ranking after professional ranking.

Master Kaznao said my grass field is too simple, that lost lot of point and I agree with that. :cry_happy:

It is packed up now and wait for a mall show later.

251403_10150741810125131_598605130_19994623_3837738_n.jpg

Edited by TazManiac
Indexed

I really like your creation a lot and I am a big fan of the movie. :thumbup:

Don't care for the stylized photo at the top but I realize you are trying to make the build look more like the actual drawing and that worked out well. I just prefer to see nice crisp and clean moc photos at the begining.

The Howl and Turniphead figures are great, would love to see some closeup shots of the other members of his troupe.

Edited by darkdragon

Awesome Lego version of this great castle. I loved the movie, and your version really shows its greatness.

Great job :thumbup:

It'd be enough to love this creation just for the ambition alone - it's such a hard subject to pull off and you've done it with such style. Instantly recognisible and the ground level photo at the end of yr post is just perfect. I wish i could vote for you, but i'm not on Bookface, best of luck anyway! :thumbup:

Love it! You've managed to capture the nearly collapsing state of the castle perfectly. I have no idea how you've attached all the sections together, but the result is impressive nonetheless.

I too would like to see Sophie and Markl up close as well.

I haven't seen the movie in a long time, but your great MOC inspired me to search for my DVD again. :classic: You captured the "clunkiness" of the castle extremely well and I love the scarecrow!

Thanks all you guy like this MOC~

It look irregular, but all attached to those 4 pillars inside.

and those cannons are placed on the panel on those pillars to share the force.

the photo of very beginning:

resize_70af83a53d7df22b491f126a685f957e.jpg

I made a sideshow for it, enjoy~

Truly a funky looking castle 'BadLeo' Looks just like the picture. I see it's from a movie, though I have no idea which one. Excellent job recreating it anyways default_classic.gif

Edit: I now know what movie it is... default_blush.gif

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

I think this is one of the most creative movie adaptations I've seen, Leo. You did an incredible job on the turrets, and all the crazy angles of the castle, and great attention to detail.

I'm actually not a huge fan of the movie, because I think it's one of Miyazaki's weakest adaptations and the book it's adapted from is utterly awesome. (It's by Diana Wynne Jones, if anyone wants to check it out). Still, a "bad" Miyazaki movie is better than most filmmakers' "good" movies, and the castle really is amazing in the movie.

Great job capturing the magic, Leo! Do you have any plans to do other Miyazaki models?

I'm not familiar with the source material but I must say you really did an exquisite job on creating this very unique build BadLeo! The fact that you were able to realize all those tricky parts of this unusual structure in brickbuild convincingly is definitely a mightily impressive feat. Truly an outstanding work! :thumbup:

I think this is one of the most creative movie adaptations I've seen, Leo. You did an incredible job on the turrets, and all the crazy angles of the castle, and great attention to detail.

I'm actually not a huge fan of the movie, because I think it's one of Miyazaki's weakest adaptations and the book it's adapted from is utterly awesome. (It's by Diana Wynne Jones, if anyone wants to check it out). Still, a "bad" Miyazaki movie is better than most filmmakers' "good" movies, and the castle really is amazing in the movie.

Great job capturing the magic, Leo! Do you have any plans to do other Miyazaki models?

Thanks Gryphon!

I think I will not do it in this year, may be next year, but you may saw them on brothers brick already, my friends made some as well!

I'm not familiar with the source material but I must say you really did an exquisite job on creating this very unique build BadLeo! The fact that you were able to realize all those tricky parts of this unusual structure in brickbuild convincingly is definitely a mightily impressive feat. Truly an outstanding work! :thumbup:

Thanks,

actually, those tricky parts inside the castle is the same trick of Sydney Opera House, the 5 plates pillars, it usually made unusual structure stand firm. :blush:

I loved the movie and I love your model. Excellent work! I espically like the scarecrow man on top. Very creative!

-JPS97

I absolutely adore the movies made by Ghibli, so it's great to see someone attempt to capture them in LEGO - which I didn't think was possible for most of them.

Seeing Howl's castle inbricks is nothing short of amazing, especially in such a captivating manner that comes as close to the source as possible :oh:

The same goes for your rendition of two of the most iconic scenes of 'My Neighbour Totoro', which I think you've nailed to perfection both times. Your Totoro is stunning and I'd immideately buy this and put it on display if it were an official set. The same goes for your catbus, although I think it should have been slightly larger, so that it's higher than Totoro and not the opposite. Neverhteless, you've done a great job on this one as well :sweet:

Finally, rendering the finale of NausicaƤ was successful as well, I'm especially impressed on how you recreated her dress down to the ornament. Again, the Ohmu appears to be a bit small, especially since the windshields of the subs from the Divers make its eyes too large in comparison. But that's nitpicking and doesn't take away one bit from the impressiveness of your creations :cry_happy:

Do you plan to adapt other movies as well, like Laputa or Mononoke Hime?

Update: 7/28/2011 arrived HKACG for LEGO official contest.

224419_10150741451995131_598605130_19989800_8006518_n.jpg

222409_10150734910550131_598605130_19901058_5205232_n.jpg

8/2/2011 The contest is end, it got 3rd on public ranking, but it got 6th on total ranking after professional ranking.

Master Kaznao said my grass field is too simple, that lost lot of point and I agree with that. :cry_happy:

It is packed up now and wait for a mall show later.

251403_10150741810125131_598605130_19994623_3837738_n.jpg

Edited by BadLeo