Dan Church

[MOC] Tower of Nations

indexed.gif

Bridge connecting three medieval kingdoms in a rare time of peace. The bridge is constructed over the Marahan River which separates 3 very distinct landscapes. Even though it was a time of peace, each kingdom heavily guarded their border in case any country tried to break the peace.

This was displayed this past weekend at Brickworld in Wheeling, IL.

Enjoy!

img_1499.jpg

img_1500.jpg

img_1503.jpg

img_1506.jpg

img_1513.jpg

img_1509.jpg

img_1515.jpg

Comments would be much appreciated.

Edited by TazManiac
Indexed

I like it. :thumbup:

The concept as a whole and especially the way the sides of the tower are connected. great use of cheese slopes.

Lovely scenery with very outstanding lands at the end of the bridges.

Love it! :wub: The cheese slopes used at the corners of the towers work beautifully, and the sheep are fantastic.

Two things....one, an AWESOME and clever tower/bridge construction - I agree cheese slope trick :thumbup: and two, sheep.....I just :wub: how those sheep are made....very clever, very cute and very Lego inspired ! :moar:

Brick On 'Dan Church' ! :grin:

Yes, it really caught my eye when you were setting up at Brickworld.

That fact that it is not on a square grids makes it inspiring.

And as already said, great details and use of those slopes.

Amazing design! It's so original and innovative!

As others have said - love the cheese slopes, the triangular intersection, the sheep! The layout of each side and the choices you made were perfect. Nothing was over-done or under-done.

Now... where's the rest of those three kingdoms? :wink:

awesome... the build is excellent, unique concept and perfect minifig choices to represent the nations and civilians to bring it to life, more like this please :)

Well done. You made the whole MOC look alive with all of the tiny details.

a really nice moc you got there sir! :classic:

a nice touch to see the different landscapes the kingdoms have!

de Gothia

Love your work Dan and this is no exception!

Like others I'm diggin' the sheep and can't help but think those gaurds are spitting abuse at one another from their posts, with the occasional clash of fistycuffs.default_thumbup.gif

Fantastic creation. The idea is a fun one and you executed it perfectly. The different landscapes, the triangular shape, and the shields on the actual tower marking which kingdom was which, they all work together perfectly! :thumbup:

Very well built tower! But what I love most of this MOC is the differneces in lanscape between the three kingdoms. The rock for the crownies, grasslands for Black Falcons, and desert for Dragon masters: I think it fits perfectly! Can't wait to see more creative MOC's from you. :classic:

I saw this posted a bunch of times on various people's photostreams for BW11 - it's nice to know who actually built this.

Like everyone else has mentioned three huge wins: Cheese Slopes, Sheep, Concept.

Awesome :)

Man, I thought I'd seen everything at BW but I completely missed this :blush:

Some lovely techniques there, and the whole is a thing of beauty :thumbup: I particularly like your sheep! :wub:

That's a pretty rad design. I'm in love with the sheeps. The tower. The bridge. Almost everything ;) Only thing that bothers me are the connections between the river / water segments. I really don't like that there's such gaps. But shame - I don't know a better technique... Awesome build!