SavaTheAggie

Pat's Pirate Ship

5749282339_0f6c1f5621.jpg

PatsPirateShip_01 by SavaTheAggie, on Flickr

More photos here: Gallery

This is my good friend Pat's Pirate Ship. I've known Pat since elementary school, and he, more than anyone else, is responsible for me becoming an AFOL in the first place. He has been working on this pirate ship for many years now, and it is still not finished.

The ship is truly massive, and completely modular. Except for the very forward section of the bow, everything is built on 16 stud wide sections to allow access to the inside (the bow is on 32 x32 baseplates). The ship's wheel turns the rudder, and everything is fully furnished and accessible. .

Pat is a closet AFOL, and I've only been able to get him to attend two LUG meetings, and he only lurks on a few community websites. I feel he's far too talented to be kept a secret, so I've decided to out him to the world.

Hello, world!

--Tony

Edited by SavaTheAggie

Wow...

All this room, the numerous crew members and cannons, lots of cannons :pir-cry_happy:

You can tell your friend he did an amazing work that makes me want to be a child again and play! :pir-classic:

Thank you for sharing this!

A little too massive for my taste! Still, there are definately things to like about the ship.

It is a little to "boxy" and the mast are definatley WAY too large, "reshaping" the ship, adding string rigging and making the masts a little less massive would really make this ship rock!

This is truly massive, I love all the fig's to really bring this thing in to scale.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Well, the Americans made the flying fortress.

So why can't you make the floating fortress? :pir-sweet:

As I can see, your friend did an awesome job on this massive pirate ship

Thanks for posting, I hope your friend enjoys it too!

Nice one. I really like the colours and attention to detail.

Could be improved with a little curve of the hull but its still an outstanding build!

I feel this one photo doesn't do it justice, chuck a few more of the interior shots from flickr on here! They are great! :pir-classic:

Keep it up

Edited by legolooney

I am going to side with ZCerberus on this one. It has so many nice features but is just so massive many things seem to get lost. The colors are a change from the normal colors we see on here and the size just makes it stand out. Did I mention this thing is HUGE!!