Pazoozoo

88000 and 88002 new and have never been available

Hello everyone,

I wondered about two new references in the train section:

- Battery box 88000

- Train motor 88002

They are new and have never been made available but immediately "sold out", at least in France.

The only way to get these 2 pieces is to buy the 7938 Passenger train and 7939 Cargo Train...

Have anybody noticed this?

That's odd. But maybe I'm wrong...

Fred.

Edited by Pazoozoo

I don't know how it was in France but at least to Portugal they were available.

The motor sold out soon after the Maersk train was available but the battery box was available (I bought one on the May 4th)

I have ordered some of both from the US as they are way cheaper then in Aus, they are on back order until June :(

If I was to buy the battery box online in Aus, they are $99AUD which works out to $107USD at the moment each.. Which is crazy.

Log on to the US lego site they are about $45USD each thats less then half price, plus cos I ordered more then 2 units they gave additional discount and they worked out to about $38AUD, so I have bough 4 for the price of 2 & 1/2

Thankfully I have a great friend in the US that I can get it sent too and then the postage over here isnt that expensive..

Cant wait cos I am going through rechargeable batteries like they are going out of stock!!!!

I have ordered some of both from the US as they are way cheaper then in Aus, they are on back order until June :(

If I was to buy the battery box online in Aus, they are $99AUD which works out to $107USD at the moment each.. Which is crazy.

Log on to the US lego site they are about $45USD each thats less then half price, plus cos I ordered more then 2 units they gave additional discount and they worked out to about $38AUD, so I have bough 4 for the price of 2 & 1/2

Paul, he's talking about the AAA battery box not the rechargeable one, he even gave the part number to be extra clear.

The train motor 88002 was available in Germany (I immediately bought one when it became avialable), now it is sold out.

I wanted to phone S@H anyway, so I'm going to ask them about the motor as well.

I wanted to phone S@H anyway, so I'm going to ask them about the motor as well.

The friendly lady on the phone told me, the PF motor will be available in October again. She didn't know the reason it went off the shelves but told me to ask for it. She is going to call back next week, hopefully I can tell more then.

The friendly lady on the phone told me, the PF motor will be available in October again. She didn't know the reason it went off the shelves but told me to ask for it. She is going to call back next week, hopefully I can tell more then.

Ah, that's some good news.

It seems my surprise was right: that's odd to see something "new" and already sold out.

I just got a dispatch notification for the 8848 rechargeable battery box I ordered in January - so they're back in stock in the UK shop at long last.

I was thinking of getting 88002 from SAH today and...on backorder, will ship September 2nd...WOW! I do need one of these bad boys but I'll have to wait...

The friendly lady on the phone told me, the PF motor will be available in October again.

Reviving this old thread to mention that I just noticed that now, one week before October, the motor and the AAA battery box are apparently back in stock in S@H in Germany and some other European countries that I checked, but not in USA.

Don't know for how long they have been and will be available, though. :classic: At any rate, there's no "x per customer" limit, so I guess they have more than a handful...

Yes, I've seen this.

I've bought a new train motor so I could motorized the Maersk train! :classic:

Edited by Pazoozoo