Decale

D2C Contest: Oasis Airport

The ruins of an old hotel in an oasis in Egypt have been used by a team of relic hunters to establish their base-camp. This is the place where their plane lands with all their equipment and from where they start their expeditions to bring back the golden treasures of the cursed Pharaoh Amset-Ra. But they'd better be careful for Amset-Ra's evil minions don't intend to let them go without a fight! :devil:

5665470790_bb149d529d_z.jpg

Minifigs from left to right: the journalist/photographer girl, the old archaeologist, the mechanic/mercenary, the adventurer/relic hunter, a mummy, the undead scorpion warrior, a mummy, some scorpions.

-I turned one of the mummies torso backwards to make the 2 look different (thank you back printing and double-sided heads!)

5665470586_c49da71ba3_z.jpg5664900239_72eddfb695_z.jpg

Some cargo brought by the plane. Please notice the SNOT for the motors, it took me a while to make it work and it is actually the only design I really like about this MOC :cry_happy:. The plane itself has a functional landing gear, open able body, room for crates and minifigs, a parachute, detailed cockpit and of course the wings can move.

5664892951_91fbb98cd1_z.jpg

The off-road car is a newer and bigger version of the Scorpion Tracker, on of my favourite sets of my childhood :classic:

5665463344_2de3d4a508_z.jpg

This place used to be a hotel before nature, erosion and vegetation took their rights years ago. Half of the floor is conserved, there is a bed and the team can even prepare meal. They built a precarious tower to house the radar and radio stuff necessary for landing a plane in this area.The treasures are hidden in a crate behind the scale that goes from the bed to the control tower.

-the black scale can unfold, the radar turns, the torches can be detached to be used to make signals to the plane.

5664904171_7290f58bb9_z.jpg

A better view of the building as well as the bike and scorpion guy I didn't show much.

More photos will be available on my brickshelf when moderated, including ones of the landing gear, figs (the team), control tower...

I would like thank you for your attention guys, I know I don't stand a chance in this contest seeing the other awesome MOCs *oh2* (and not only in the PQ theme), but trying to build an almost decent entry with my limited parts was a cool challenge :sweet:.

Don't hesitate to comments and criticize! :wink:

Paul

Edited by Decale

Very good entry Decale, it really looks as one highly-playable set - with a good combination of vehicles, building structure, and a generous amount of minifigs. Well done and good luck! :thumbup:

Great job, man! The idea of having a large plane for the adventurers is awesome. I'd like a set like this one.

Very good entry Decale! I really like the plane the most it is full of really nice details. The greens, and color choice are great here too for a future Lego set.

:classic:

Thank you guys! I did my best with this MOC and nearly became crazy while building the plane: because of a general lack of good parts, it was more a puzzle than an actual lego building but I still managed to throw in some features. I think I need a medal for this :laugh: