Sign in to follow this  
metalslime

[MOC] Elven Temple

indexed.gif

I've always wanted to build something elven, ever since the elf minifig came out. After a few months of looking for bricks and laying about I ended up with this :P. Actually I'm suprised there aren't many elven architectures around (Drows don't count, sorry Angeli :tongue: ). It was fun to build something like this! There aren't much I can reference from (as in there isn't a real elven building I can go and have a look. Wouldn't mind though if there is such a place:classic:), and I have absolutely no idea nor plan how I'm going to build it, so I just let my imagination lead the way:

5648424764_0f71754bf2.jpg

Here's the front. Elves gather around at the temple.

5648428498_1b071136a3.jpg

I tried to incorporate exotic vegetations into the scene. Glowing mushrooms and big white flowers for example.

5647869657_680d02e711.jpg

Elven Guard.

5647873451_cc11b60c1a.jpg

Elven mistress/priestess giving a speech.

5648439240_7fa8813498.jpg

On the side.

5648443192_03fc8d717a.jpg

Proud elven archeress.

5647884259_b389e96882.jpg

Back of temple. Tree referenced from banyan trees sitting in my neighbourhood. Without the air roots, though.

5648450452_d0e40d448d.jpg

5647891805_327b1f0e3f.jpg

5647895595_ca08ce520d.jpg

Another view from behind.

5648461940_ff68e97972.jpg

Elven sentry.

5648465082_dacf625fa2.jpg

5648468710_0d740b6dfe.jpg

Big fly!

5647909335_af52e2d655.jpg

View from above.

5647912679_bca655b2be.jpg

Japanese anime style elf. Sorry I have to make one :tongue:

5648479132_6d0d26d359.jpg

Overview.

5648482614_82a98170ae.jpg

Hope you enjoyed!

Flickr page link:

My link

I've always wanted to build something elven, ever since the elf minifig came out. After a few months of looking for bricks and laying about I ended up with this :P. Actually I'm suprised there aren't many elven architectures around (Drows don't count, sorry Angeli :tongue: ). It was fun to build something like this! There aren't much I can reference from (as in there isn't a real elven building I can go and have a look. Wouldn't mind though if there is such a place:classic:), and I have absolutely no idea nor plan how I'm going to build it, so I just let my imagination lead the way:

Your imagination leads you in a fantastic way. This is wonderful!

White for the ancient place fits perfect and thew whole build is full of details that give them this pure and true appearance.

Oh wow, what a beautiful creation! :wub: The temple actually feels organic and it's instantly recognizable as an elven structure.

The elves themselves have a comedic effect on the creation, though. It looks like there's only one hairdresser in the elven community, and s/he can only do one type of hairdos. :laugh: So yeah, you should've given the elves varying hairstyles. The long hairpieces make up the lack of pointy ears quite well, for example.

But anyway, I do love the temple and it's surroundings. Very nice!

Very nicely done Elven Temple metaslime! An elven army does look impressive in numbers. I also like those white flowers and vegetation to accentuate the temple. Good job! :thumbup:

I love the use of the Series 2 Ringmasters' whips to create that thin, vinelike look for those strange flowers. I think other parts of the temple could have benefited from trying to evoke a similar branching look. For instance, this piece could have potentially been a powerful choice. Still, the solid white look you went for is still effective and kind of mirrors the silver stag emblem on the Series 3 Elf's shield.

One thing that bothers me is that the temple is taller than the trees. With a temple this fancy, you'd expect it to be a little bit more secretive. Thus, increasing the height of the trees could potentially improve the overall look of this MOC.

Great work on the lush undergrowth, too! It really makes the whole forest floor a lot more exciting!

Quite a few interesting parts useage in this MOC. Well done. I like how this came out very much. :classic:

I never really much thought about Elves being religious, per se; I would think they were Naturalists (belief in magic notwithstanding).

But the MOC is really beautiful, the architecture is fantastic and I can easily imagine this structure being in Rivendell.

EDIT: I guess, really, Naturalists isn't the right word... I would think they do believe in supernatural beings, just never thought of them worshiping them, and that they'd pay more homage to nature than any supreme beings. But that's just me.

Edited by fred67

the white design is wonderful, very elvish :thumbup:

the best of all is the elf guardian, between all the blondies! :laugh:

It's beautiful! Somehow wish to have more than (just) one Elf myself.

What a beautiful rendition of an elven temple metalslime! :thumbup:

The main gate is very elven indeed with the smooth curves, crisscrossing patterns and the beaming white color! I love to see fantasy MOC's and yours does not disappoint, keep on building in this style, I'd love to see a full building done in this way. Keep on building!! :wink:

This is very nice, a perfect harmony between the vegetation and the white temple. And like Ro87n has said, I wish I had as many elves as you too.

Diola Lle~~Thank you all for your kind comments and compliments! Was really fun experimenting on Elven building styles. Looking forward to build a larger structure ...... that's if I have coin left at all after release of PotC and Kingdoms summer wave. Hahahaha.

@Sandy: Yea too bad there's only 1 type of elven hairpiece. I thought about alternative hairpieces but at the end I choosed to stick with pointy ears. What can I say, I <3 pointy ears. We need more pointy ears hairpiece! TLC can you read this you MUST read this!!

@Aanchir: My original plan is to have a REALLY big tree with surrounding canopy above the alter, but as always, bricks run out so fast you don't see it coming!

@fred67: I always think that elves are very sipritual people, so I thought they would have built some temple or shrine to worship/ pay respect to mother nature or some kind of god or magical beings? But hey, elves are pure fantasy stuff, we can always create a new definition for elves, no? :wink:

@Brig. Brick: Elf guardian inspired by World of Warcraft elves. May Elune shines upon you!

@ Captain Bayonet: Oooooh yeah, for a price...

Quel fara my friends, tenna' telwan!

(...)

@Brig. Brick: Elf guardian inspired by World of Warcraft elves. May Elune shines upon you!

(...)

Quel fara my friends, tenna' telwan!

the choice of the helmet was quite perfect :thumbup:

... Good hunting... :hmpf_bad:...I'm quite a miner :laugh:... kidding

Lle ume quel, metalslime, tenna' telwan!

A great representation for an elvish kingdom, the pure white buildings work a treat! That it is a load of elves too :laugh:

Very inspiring.

Wow nice MOC! ^^

I really like the white arch and the whole building, even though it looks a bit small for all those elves! =P

Keep up the good work! ^^

can you please tell me where i can find that torso used on your elven guard?

I can. :grin: It's a guard's torso from the largest Prince of Persia set, the Battle of Alamut, only with different arms.

pop013.jpg