4 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

After receiving a birthday gift in the mail yesterday (perfect timing too! :laugh: ) I discovered this little critter packed inside the box. So I just decided, "what the heck, might as well take half an hour to review it :grin: " Note that this isn't part of my reviews for the Academy.

5843315062_a0e36e65b4_o.png

Name: 7804 Lizard

Theme: Creator

Year: 2009

Pieces: 33

Minifigs: 0

Price: USD 1.35 (free promotion at LEGO Shop @ Home)

Further References: Brickset.com, Bricklink.com, Peeron.com, flickr

This is currently a free promotional set at LEGO S@H (United States only, I believe), distributed with orders $35 and above.

Offer is valid on item #7804 8:00am EST April 6 through 5:00pm EST April 29, 2011, or while supplies last only. Qualifying purchase must be equal to or greater than $35 in merchandise only; any applicable taxes, shipping charges or value of gift cards purchased do not apply to merchandise total. Excludes backorder items. One free item per customer. Cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other discount, offer or free gift. Item is available exclusively through this offer; additional item cannot be purchased. Offer is valid on shop.LEGO.com. Offer is not valid in LEGO Stores, at LEGOLAND Parks or LEGOLAND Discovery Centers. The LEGO Group reserves the right to cancel or modify this promotion at any time without prior advance notice. Item value is approximately $3.49 USD.

The Bag: Front

5843314454_137854761b_o.jpg

Just as the other numerous promotional sets you can find here and there, the lizard is packed in a nice little polybag.

The Bag: Back

5843314760_73f3bca2c6_o.jpg

The reverse has your fun legal and copyright information, as well as a polypropylene plastic recycling symbol. Recycle and the lizards all around the world will be happy :thumbup:

The Instructions

5843314802_f3c1e9426a_o.jpg

These little instruction fold outs are adorable compared to their larger booklet counterparts :wub: (and then to the damned textbook that comes with the Death Star :wacko: ).

The Instructions: Front and Back

5843314870_daf8ba4cb7_o.jpg5843314836_63d7fa52ed_o.jpg

The instructions are simple and very easy for kids to comprehend. And of course, the little ads on the back will hook them (and the AFOL) onto other sets in the diverse Creator line.

The Pieces

5843314910_2bf61f6b30_o.jpg

The only things worth noting really are the green hinge pieces and the lime green cheese slopes - unless you love green of course, in which case just about everything will be of great value to you!

Design and Playability

5843314928_c5521236ca_o.jpg

With his big googly eyes and that red tongue sticking out, he's a cute little critter who's looking for some friends to play with.

5842769659_29c5ce0108_o.jpg

Crawling on their stomachs is how it's done in the world of the wile.

5843315022_0f1db8fcd0_o.png

For some reason this reminds me of the Japanese LEGO Muji kits. Maybe it's the cute factor? Regardless, origami cranes will make fine play dates for our lil' lizard.

Conclusion

I won't give this a traditional grade out of a ten point scale only because I know it'd rank very poorly. Instead, I'll just conclude by saying, why complain about a set that's free? :laugh: I wouldn't make an order online over 35 dollars with the sole intent on getting this set, but hey, if you just so happen to be making one before the end of April, expect to find a small extra bag of happiness to tag along in the delivery box.

Thanks for reading :classic:

Nice promo, but no more. At least it's a decent source of green hinge plates. I find it peculiar they would print a 1:1 picture of the eye, when you can see the pieces right beside it in the bag!

Even for a promo set, you really did a great review on this one -R8- especially with the excellent photos! :thumbup: And surprisingly, I find this neat little polybagged set one of the cutest I've seen. Instantly recognizable basic frog model and nice source of green hinge plates too.