OctanTrucker

3 holes for axles on the new 88002 motor?

I was looking on the lego site and pricing out on what it would cost to motorise my maersk train, and I noticed that the new 88002 motor has what looks like a center axle hole. Is this true and if so could I do a 3 axle truck or would the wheels be too close together?. Thanks from a train newb.

The holes don't go all the way trough, but you can put a stud in there or a short technic pin.

If you place another train wheel there they will rub against each other, there's no tolerance.

Some small blind train wheels would fit and they wouldn't give problems with bends either.

Edited by Pet-Lego

If you really want a 3-axle truck, may I suggest Scott Warlaw's design? You can find it in Issue no.6 of the Railbricks magazine (page 62). http://railbricks.com/media/railbricks_6.pdf

A medium Power Functions motor will fit in the hood and with some rearranging you could probably fit the battery and the receiver as well.

Edited by Dan-147

There's a hole that's roughly the size of a Technic hole but not quite. You can put a 3/4 pin in but it won't fit properly.

I doubt there will ever be a 3 axle version of this motor; there simply isn't the room inside to have an axle go through.

Thanks for the info. I'm still going to motorize this. Maybe I'll just buy the passenger train and gut it for its PF parts and track.

Thanks for the info. I'm still going to motorize this. Maybe I'll just buy the passenger train and gut it for its PF parts and track.

If you do not yet have PF parts and track, then you're better off buying the cargo train, because it comes with more track, and, it comes with a container crane that you can use to lift the Maersk containers from the train.

The holes don't go all the way trough, but you can put a stud in there or a short technic pin.

If you place another train wheel there they will rub against each other, there's no tolerance.

Some small blind train wheels would fit and they'd wouldn't give problems with bens either.

This is a fantastic news! I always like the third weel of 12V motors and see that on a 9V motor would be nice.

This is a fantastic news! I always like the third weel of 12V motors and see that on a 9V motor would be nice.

I don't think the small blind wheel he mentioned exists.

I don't think the small blind wheel he mentioned exists.

Indeed, it doesn't unless you make them yourself.