Sign in to follow this  
kyphur

A disturbing trend has developed in my White Cheese Slopes..

They're breaking!

5588585627_08cdfd4779.jpg

I'm going to call LEGO in the next couple of days, after I can look through more of my collection to get an accurate count. So far I've found over 20 that look like this and it's just the white ones :shock: ...

Well... I've got hundreds of these, I use them for my micro castle battlements... and have not seen this one single time.

Can you tell us about their use? The environment where they're stored? On display in sunlight or high/low temperatures?

Ooooh *huh*:sick:

This needs more attention.

I'll put this in the LEGO General Discussion Forum.

Just plain :sick:

How odd. I don't think any of mine have been doing this. I do have problems with my minifigure arms cracking though.....

Definitely call LEGO about this. They will probably ask you to send them the cracked pieces. I work for the model shops at the LEGOLAND parks and whenever something like this happens their quality control department does a full investigation. They are interested in making the highest quality product, so do your best to resolve it with them before publicly proclaiming the problem. :wink:

Well... I've got hundreds of these, I use them for my micro castle battlements... and have not seen this one single time.

Can you tell us about their use? The environment where they're stored? On display in sunlight or high/low temperatures?

Are your castles WHITE? so far I haven't seen it with any color other than WHITE!

They get minimal direct sunlight. Most of the ones I've found already are on my Cude Dudes (as shoulders but also Grievous' groin). Some are on Minis and regular models also. There's no weird tension or stressing of the parts.

I keep my home between 68 - 75 degrees year-round and when not on display they are stored inside closed cabinets.

They are interested in making the highest quality product, so do your best to resolve it with them before publicly proclaiming the problem. :wink:

Even if TLG sends me replacements for every cracked part I think others should be aware of the possible issue so they can check their inventory.

FWIW, I highly doubt I'll be disappointed by TLG's response to the problem. I does suck that I now feel the need to go through my entire collection and look at everyone of these parts on my assembled models...

Edited by kyphur

Are your castles WHITE? so far I haven't seen it with any color other than WHITE!

I've got one in light bley, but I think that's it. None in white here.

On display in sunlight or high/low temperatures?

On this note, I have a small fortune new and built sets in my attic from 80's-pres. It gets below 10 in the winter and above 100 in the summer... Should I be concerned about these temp. swings?? I DO NOT/CANNOT compromise these sets. :cry_sad:

How odd...The only problems I've had are the arms, torsos and in very rare cases, the heads cracking, but that's only happened with Mutt's and Indy's heads.

Edited by airsoftg36c

I have the same problem with a couple of red cheese slopes that have been assembled for maybe a year or so. Got that model out of storage (no light, no freezing temperatures) and there I had it, cracked cheese slopes. The rest of my cheese slopes -- those which are not spending most of their time assembled -- do not show any cracks.

I experienced the exact same thing with my only white cheese slopes. All of them come from a Creator Mini-robots set.

This has been brought up before by several people. Someone posted a picture of dark gray slopes with the same kinds of cracks in the quality thread. I haven't seen it on my own cheese slopes (in any color), but it seems to be a semi-widespread issue. I would think it might be related to air temperatures, but from what people are saying here the conditions sound pretty normal.

Nice micro castles...

I spoke with TLG Customer Service. They are now aware of the problem so it will be investigated. I would recommend others who have this issue also contact them to ensure that they understand the scope of the issue.

They were very nice and offered to send out replacements now but I said I'd call back after checking through my entire inventory.

Edited by kyphur

Oh god, what am I gonna do with the 50+ in Battle for Alamut?? *oh2*

No, mine look fine. I haven't seen this problem before. What have you been using the parts for?

I've got a lot of slopes like this, at least 5 in white, a few in blue, 2 in lime green, and probably more in other colors... It's sad. :cry_sad:

I'll bring that to the attention of fellow Ambassadors and LEGO's Quality Control team. Thanks for the pic!

I have had a lot of cracked white parts, notably in 7991, 3179, 7741, and 10159. All sets have just been assembled once and never really broken up. Annoyingly, some of the broken parts in 10159 are parts no longer made, and I don't think LEGO will replace them.

I've got a lot of dark grey and yellow ones like that too. A couple of my trans black ones as well, but not so many...

I have this problem too with ALL of my cheese slopes,

even ones that have never been put down on a stud!

I even have one or two that have been completely broken in half!

I thought this was a more well-known issue... :look:

I've had this in a number of colours out of brand new sets - Most notably orange and dark green.

I've seen this problem on flickr somewhere, but, luckily have only experienced this with one cheese slope. BTW it was dark grey.

I have the same problem with a few of mine, I think in lime green...

I don't think it has too much to do with the temperature of the surroundings; my pieces are at pretty stable temps.