tnickolaus

Tournament on castle Burg Stolzenstein

indexed.gif

Hi!

After we finished our Fantasy Era style castle "Burg Stolzenstein" in 2009 my companion Annette and myself decided to continue with this MOC.

So we added a tournament where Sir Brick-a-lot, the king of the castle, invited all knights of the country to pit their strength against each other.

We showed the latest version recently at the AFOL event SteinCHenwelt 2011 in Sihlbrugg, Switzerland. This is where we took the following pictures.

We already plan part #3: A home for Robin Hood and his friends in a nearby forest! :)

More pictures can be found on MOCpages, Flickr and Brickshelf

1301349217m_DISPLAY.jpg

1301349263m_DISPLAY.jpg

1301349270m_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed!

Very nice. All the tents are nicely done. Not only is it massive, it's got plenty of little details to look at.

*oh2*:thumbup: That´s awesome.

You have done what I have planed (some of it) but this is absolutely perfect. Looks like the german are on the same wave :grin:

Your details on all the terrain and life is fantastic.

Looking forward to aee your version of dark forrest :classic:

Incredible castle and nature building! :wub:

The colors are very bright and cheerful and I love how each faction has it's own camp and tent. Some very nice nature effects, and of course the story is always a great addition! Job well done! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Great work! You must have had a lot of fun building it. I especially love the mock knight to practice with (I don't really know the right English word, I'm afraid). I like the wheel at the bottom. More in general there are some clever techniques used in this MOC. Good job!

The amount of detail is wonderful. The tents are nice and I love the man in the stocks. Well done. :sweet:

Mightily impressive creation! Everything is... perfect! It's really enjoyable to look at every bit of detail on this massive and beautiful build. Simply an outstanding work and thanks for sharing this with us!:thumbup:

Well you already know I think its great but it really deserves a post too! All the tents and jousting area as well as the landscaping work so well. I can't wait to see the forest either :thumbup:

This is very impressive! All of the detail with it's amazing size makes it one of the best castle MOCs that I've ever seen!

Just stunning. The multicoloured tents in all different shapes really stand out, and evoke the atmosphere of the tournament very well. I love that you've got so many different factions together, old and new. And the jousting jesters! :laugh: Can't wait to see yr forest now. :sweet:

This is truly epic - delicacy, intricacy, creativity, scale, and so much more! Love the tents, colours used in the model overall. Thanks for sharing with us! :wink:

Man, that is huge! How long is that sucker?! The details you have put in it are spot on. I can totally imagine this medevial fanfare. Not only the joust that's happening, but all the surrounding activities going on around it. It reminds me of the movie A Knights Tale. Well done!

Oh wow this is truly a sight to behold! The knights tents and the jousting area is great but what I really want to see is the rest of that castle. This is one of those MOC's in which you can catch new details each time you look at it. Thanks very much for sharing!

Very well done! Nice details and still something new to explore the longer you look at it. I like the style of your tents! Looking forward to Robins home!

*drools*

:cry_happy: This is amazing and it's sooooo big :blush: I love it, the colours are vibrant, plenty of details, everything is great, excellent job :thumbup:

It reminds of the movie 'A Knight's Tale' with all that jousting :grin:

Look forward to Robin Hood's den, I can imagine a lot of treehouses, a big feast with plenty of kegs of ale and mead, room full of treasure (to give to the poor ofcourse but he hasn't gotten around to it :tongue: ), could have some beehives for Friar Tuck to use the honey to make the mead and maybe Robin and his merry men ambush a carriage too :wink:

Nice! With the attention to detail you've used I could stare at this MOC for hours and keep finding new things to be excited about. I can't imagine the patience you must have. I would have called this work done ages ago and been happy with it. But you went the extra mile and it shows.

Since there is nothing more to say, that wouldn't have been remarked already I just say: Wonderful MOC!

I just love all these little details, especially the tent area and all the bright colours around the jousting square. It feels just the way a good Castle-joust should feel like... and "hooray" for all the crownies taking part ^__^!

Be well all!

Cutty

Well done, this is marvelous. So many knights with horse bardings :wub: and the tents are well designed. The whole thing is so big yet every inch is wonderfull!

A truly amazing MOC, Even if I bought all the knights on ebay I still could not compare to this!

What a great moc.

I like the jousting jesters very much and the happy mideighties soldier who just enjoy his beer also. :thumbup::classic: