Inkog

MOC - Dragon Knight Keep

indexed.gif

Hello from across the pond.

I thought I would share my first MOC, as my first post here on EuroBrick.

This is my first Lego creation after a 15 year "dark age". I was a fan of Classic Castle in my youth, and fell in love with the Kingdoms line the first time I saw the 7946 King's Castle and it's departure from the heavy fantasy themes prior. I found myself identifying strongly with the Dragon Knights, but hated that they lacked a proper castle. After a few failed attempts at building up 7947 Prison Tower Rescue into a worthy castle, I decided that I would start from scratch a build my first proper diorama/MOC. After many weeks of trial and error, and many bricklink orders later, I present my Dragon Knight Keep. I had a great time on this project and look forward to the next.

My apologies for the quality of some of the photographs, I'm still learning my camera and the art of Lego photography. More photos of this project are available on my Flicker page.

5474932031_6345ac8d00_z.jpg

5474962835_bc78974420_z.jpg

5475008867_608da6fd70_z.jpg

5474970291_064d3e8774_z.jpg

5475475846_506ed99a20_z.jpg

5475501948_9908e04046_z.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed!

Your castle has a very unique, and distinct look to it.

I like the reeds and cattails in the water, and the tower with the wizard is very cool! hehe, he even has shutters to close when its rainy! :tongue:

Welcome to EB, and please do make more cool stuff! :thumbup:

Welcome Inkog, first have to tell you this is the best fortress for the Dragons i have seen so far. So many details, and good design also the postures of the minifigs is a plus. :thumbup:

Congratulations you did a great work.

Keep coming more MOCs :classic:

Edited by Niku

Amazing, the tower has to be the centrepiece, I really like the roundness of it, it stands out from the rest of the moc. There's so much detail in this moc I can't name all the things I love about this but I really like those small conifers, simple but look good, better then lego's prefab ones.

Well done on a fantastic moc :thumbup:

I could've sworn I'd seen this before, but I don't remember where. MOCpages, maybe?

EDIT: Ah, found it. :classic:

Anyways, for your first MOC in 15 years, this is excellent! Shaping is well done, landscaping is believable and not too distracting, and the base is a really nice touch, and one I love seeing in MOCs. :thumbup:

Edited by Brickdoctor

I remember seeing this on flickr. It's an impressive creation, especially after such a long dark age. What I particularly like is how well integrated the dark bley is into the light bley walls.

If you need to make the lighting in your models more consistent, the easiest thing to do would be to use some kind of editing software to change the brightness and contrast.

So huge... so detailed, a masterpiece, nice to see the dragon knights getting som attention.

I love everything about this MOC, Inkog! The level of detail is amazing, you should be really proud of yourself. This is your first MOC, and it's far better than anything I've ever built. Well done, and welcome to Eurobricks!

Excellent MOC! I like the tower (especially its lower parts) and the amount of detail. I agree with you that it is very difficult to modify the prison tower to a genuine keep and I think your decision to start from scratch was a very wise one. The fact that you changed the dragon colour scheme a bit turned out to be a good decision as well. All in all this is a great MOC and indeed the best Dragon castle I have seen so far. Good job! :thumbup:

what a wonderful castle,i like your details on the river and your street is plain awsome.wish i could make such a briliant MOC

Great stuff Inkog! Your creation has some very unique and interesting details, especially the use of the dark bley slopes on the light bley walls. Excellent work! :thumbup:

Wow, for this being your first moc in 15 years, I must say this is better than anything I have ever seen. Great job, I hope to see more!

*oh2*

That is phenomenal. Seriously, it has to be one of the best MOCs I've ever seen. And you say it's your first?

Wow... It's MOC's like these that make me consider getting back into castle. This is great work, I love the detail in the court-yard area and all of the different knight figs with the armor on the stands with everything. This is simply phenomenal. :thumbup:

Well as first posts go this is a mighty start Inkdog! A really lovely construction with loads of nice greenery and scenery. The castle walls look great and the whole scene works well. Some of the pictures are a little dark but not to hard to fix. Welcome the Eurobricks and keep up the good builds. :thumbup:

AWESOME way to break out of your dark times 'Inkog', fantastic interior - lots of detail and action ! :grin:

I feel you next creation will be even better......Brick On 'Inkog' ! :grin:

Like what LightningTiger has mentioned, what a way to wake up from the dark ages!!

ur inside of the castle has so many details!! i especially like the spiral stairs!!

So many great details.

Walls are beautiful and the tower is delicious! :tongue:

Things I don't like is the fact that this place look happy too much and have so much light colours.

Very well done, very unique, very good details. Like the rooms and houses you have done over there! Thanks! Good job! :thumbup:

Wow, very beautiful! Love the observatory, the wall looks great. Scenes with a bustling keep are so cool to see, keep them coming! :classic:

This is your first MOC after 15 years...... *oh2*

Makes me think I will never get beyond the amature stage. :cry_sad:

Just know I think you did great job.