Corioso

The Lighthouse

The Lighthouse

Hi, everyone! I want to present my new MOC - The Lighthouse.

The photo is a link to my gallery at Flickr. Hope you like it. :pir-sweet:

5532385637_93495caae9_z.jpg

Edited by Corioso

Hi Corioso!

That's a nice (and tall) MOC you have, I love how it seems like it can fall at any time :pir-laugh:

Seriously, nice structure. And I love your solution for the sea!

Very impressive! I can just imagine that tower creaking in the wind and swaying slightly from side to side. :thumbup:

Do you have any background story or any ideas on where this lighthouse would be found to add to bring it to life a little bit more? :pir-sweet:

That's frickin awesome! I hate to even say anything bad about it, but I wish there was more of a base besides the small hut. With that said, I love the design and its very original.

So cool, I'm throwing it on the front page.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Indeed a very nice lighthouse. It seems a bit fragile yet that also makes it look elegant.

The colours are realistic, I like how you did the stairs and the house is nice too.

I do agree with Big Cam that you could have spent a little more time on the water, but that's the only nitpick I have.

Well done!

This is very cool. To me it almost looks more like a forestry lookout tower to spot out forest fires... It does look fragile too but very cool and tall, keep up the great work.

I love it! I like the idea to make the small hut or house, rocks are OK and the tower looks also nice. But i only wonder at there is a chimney over there :pirate_sad2: Not mabu very realistic but its OK. But thwee tower seems a bit weak, one big wave and the whole lighthouse is gone :pir-tongue:

Great job whit this. And i agree whit the others at the blue bricks arent looking good over there, although i understand at you wanted to put them over there. Great work :thumbup:

Captain Becker

Thank you everybody for your pleasant comments!

I should say that in reality it isn`t fragile. The truss of the tower is in fact firmer than it looks. I simply started making a tower and then decided to let it be a lighthouse. :pir-blush: I imagined a lonely man who should keep up the fire despite storms and winds. It`s more like an allegory than a real functional lighthouse. An ordinary man doing his duty...

So cool, I'm throwing it on the front page.

Thank you for your appreciation! But I haven`t found it blogged there yet. :pir-look:

Thank you for your appreciation! But I haven`t found it blogged there yet. :pir-look:

We often schedule MOC's out a few days so we always have fresh material for the blog. Keep checking, you'll see it.

Nice creation, even my first thought about it, was that it looked like an old oilrig with a house attached, rather than an lighthouse.

BUT after looking at the flickr-pictures it turned out to be a lovely creation, a fast constructed Lighthouse, something someone would build fast to make ships aware of an island ect.pp.

Lovely design and nice touch with the modular roof. The steps are really nice and the lighthouse keeper looks allready lonely :thumbup:

Nice little MOC!

Admiral Croissant, Big Cam, sorry for seeming impatiend. :pir-look: I am still a beginner here.

it looked like an old oilrig with a house attached, rather than an lighthouse.

Who knows, what the keeper really does there, so alone... :pir-laugh:

Nice, it does not look very stable or constructed with great care, but it sure has a very unique and feel to it! As Aalak mentioned, it seems quite realistic lighthouses were build in a hurry to allow ships a safe passage!