Sign in to follow this  
George G.

[MOC] Imperial Speeder Bike - Bionicle Style!

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hey there! I'm George G. from MOCpages (http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/54113) and this is the first MOC I have posted here on Eurobricks :laugh:.

My favourite creations to build are Star Wars characters, creatures and vehciles made from Bionicle pieces :grin: . Here is my latest, an Imperial Speeder Bike with Scout trooper. Enjoy!

5529697199_094d6a842f.jpg

sb1.1 by George G. - woop!, on Flickr

5529697245_86dbab95e7.jpg

sb2 by George G. - woop!, on Flickr

This is one of my favourite pictures because of the way the trooper seems quite natural on the bike.

5530284816_d7a83c0f6d.jpg

sb3 by George G. - woop!, on Flickr

The exhaust was one of the later details after I looked closer at some reference pictures :wink:

5529697393_793d8f7c09.jpg

sb4 by George G. - woop!, on Flickr

I'm quite happy with the way the rolled up tent (?) turned out.

5529697469_23951bd772.jpg

sb5 by George G. - woop!, on Flickr

The gun was also a later detail.

5529697541_00d9c4e31a.jpg

sb6 by George G. - woop!, on Flickr

I would like this front section more if the black and reddish-brown hinge pieces were in the opposit colours :hmpf_bad:

5530285116_6d484e9d71.jpg

sb7 by George G. - woop!, on Flickr

This is a nice shot to see the small radiator on the side.

5529697773_a61178ca08.jpg

sb8 by George G. - woop!, on Flickr

I included some tube-greebles underneath. All the pipes connect the engine, the exhaust and the steering system.

5529697845_00f23a8cb6.jpg

sb9 by George G. - woop!, on Flickr

A whole-body shot of the scout trooper.

5530285386_0de515609e.jpg

sb10 by George G. - woop!, on Flickr

I tried and tried to get the rounded effect of the mouth piece with bricks - but I couldn't. Therefore, I resorted to a blank white sticker which I used an art pen on :grin:

5529697961_801a240582.jpg

sb11 by George G. - woop!, on Flickr

The seat and controls.

5529698015_d7d181e45a.jpg

sb12 by George G. - woop!, on Flickr

An aerial shot.

Sorry about the bad photography, but I hope you still enjoyed it. Thanks for veiwing!

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

great first post ! welcome to EB.

that is pure awesomeness. I've not seen any SW built in this scale and you have done a brilliant job. Can't wait to see more of these. :thumbup:

Not bad. Star Wars-Bionicle is not something you see often.

I'm not sure if you're looking for constructive criticism on this model, but three things I noticed:

• The Scout - first thing I noticed, nothing major here, I just think he should be leaning forward more.
  • The Steering Vanes - Yours are angular and maintain a 45-degree angle along the whole front edge. They should curve from 90 degrees at the top-front edge to nearly parallel to the ground, and then curve back to almost perpendicular to the ground at the bottom-front edge, as seen here. A simple fix with your current design would be to replace the upper 3 x 3 wedge plates with standard 2 x 3 plates, which gets you closer (although still not a perfect shape) to what it should look like.
  • The front 'hump' of the bike itself - this just looks a tad too tall. If you look here, it doesn't sit much higher than the saddle area.

That's what I noticed; there's another member here who notices basically everything if I missed something.

These are just minor things, overall it's a very good model, and I'd love to see more from you like this. I'm no Bionicle expert, so I have no real idea what can be done with Bionicle here, but I see some really nice parts usage - notably the mask used for the back end of the bike.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Nice work there 'George G', interesting design there and I hope to see more fusion designs of SW and Bionicle from you.

Brick On ! :grin:

Not bad. Star Wars-Bionicle is not something you see often.

I'm not sure if you're looking for constructive criticism on this model, but three things I noticed:

• The Scout - first thing I noticed, nothing major here, I just think he should be leaning forward more.
  • The Steering Vanes - Yours are angular and maintain a 45-degree angle along the whole front edge. They should curve from 90 degrees at the top-front edge to nearly parallel to the ground, and then curve back to almost perpendicular to the ground at the bottom-front edge, as seen here. A simple fix with your current design would be to replace the upper 3 x 3 wedge plates with standard 2 x 3 plates, which gets you closer (although still not a perfect shape) to what it should look like.
  • The front 'hump' of the bike itself - this just looks a tad too tall. If you look here, it doesn't sit much higher than the saddle area.

That's what I noticed; there's another member here who notices basically everything if I missed something.

These are just minor things, overall it's a very good model, and I'd love to see more from you like this. I'm no Bionicle expert, so I have no real idea what can be done with Bionicle here, but I see some really nice parts usage - notably the mask used for the back end of the bike.

I love constructive criticism! Thanks for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it :blush:

Oh wow! very creative, and a great first post. This is the first SW creation I have seen in LEGO, Although I'm sure there are more, and it is done marvelously.

Great job :thumbup:

Very well done George G! It's always nice to see crossover of themes, and it's really refreshing to look at this Bionicle Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper. And I won't offer any criticisms, since this is Bionicle after all which I'm not familiar with. Great job and thanks for sharing this with us. :thumbup:

This is great! I'm not a Bionicle fan in the least, but it's a really original concept and one that you've executed pretty well - I didn't expect there to be an actual "Scout" riding the bike, so extra points for making one! The front bit, with the handles and all, can't help but remind me a bit of a chopper bike more than a speeder bike - but hey, no matter! Good work.

I love constructive criticism! Thanks for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it :blush:

Then you can expect a PM from me as well. As others have said, the Bionicle approach isn't something you see very often; it makes for a rather interesting design. Very nice. :thumbup:

I really like this, Bionicle is what made me love Lego and the fact that it has been combined with my present favourite theme makes it fantastic :classic:

Wow, thanks for posting it George :thumbup:

blogged

Thanks Kim T! Nothing I've created has ever been posted on a blog!

I really like this, Bionicle is what made me love Lego and the fact that it has been combined with my present favourite theme makes it fantastic :classic:

The two themes are also what saved LEGO from going bust, I believe :laugh: