Sign in to follow this  
DLuders

Nico71's Lego Technic Road Grader Uses 600 Parts

DSCF7493800x600.JPG

The roads of France are going to be particularly smooth this year! On his website, Nico71 has posted his Lego Technic Road Grader built for SeTechnic's 9th Challenge. :cry_happy: He wrote that "The general rules are: under 600-parts, grader, no Power Functions system.

"The lifting and rotating of the blade are operated by two 12t bevel gears on the rear. The working system is a worm screw on 24t with lever and ball-joint arm. The rear and front axle are pendular, the rear is connected to the V6 under the trunk with a differential. Another function is hidden in the trunk: the rear ripper. It is driven by a 12t with 20/12t gear and worm screw on 24t gear."

DSCF7532800x600.JPG

"Initally, the model had 615 parts, therefore I have to get rid of the excess parts in order to remain under 600 parts. That is why this grader have a lack of finishing design."

DSCF7534800x600.JPG

More pictures are on his Brickshelf gallery and

:

Very nicely done, but the twisting of the front when the wheels are steering does not look well.

Actually, real road graders DO lean into a turn (to improve traction, and to navigate sloped ditchlines). NAHETS posted this short

of one in action:

Here is a

of a Lego NXT Road Grader demonstrating the "wheel lean" (from BlueToothKiwi):

Hello, the instructions are available. There are detailed pictures but I think it is enough to rebuilt it :

http://www.nico71.fr/road-grader/

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=464069

:)

default_sing.gif Sometimes I almost hate Brickshelf. I saw all your posts about new instructions, so I wanted to download them from Brickshelf whit BSbackup, but all your folders are not yet public default_hmpfbad.gif .

(It's not your fault default_blink.gif )

Edited by legolijntje