deejay

Electric Switch Tracks Set

Deejay: welcome to Eurobricks, but this is an English speaking forum. I'll go ahead and leave this topic open if you care to discuss in English.

If this guy does not respond, can anyone tell me what language this is so I can try to find someone who is able to communicate with deejay?

If this guy does not respond, can anyone tell me what language this is so I can try to find someone who is able to communicate with deejay?

It is German.

Hallo, ich habe ein Set gebaut um die Legoweichen auf elektrische Stellmotoren umzurüsten.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=yE90KT6MaF4

Translation: "Hello, I have built a set to make the switches work with electric motors."

Pretty cool I have to add! :wub:

Would you please explain how you did mechanism behind the grey box?

And if it doesn't work to reply in English please send me a PM. (Falls die Sprache ein Problem darstellt, schicke mir bitte eine Nachricht oder eine mail)

And if it doesn't work to reply in English please send me a PM. (Falls die Sprache ein Problem darstellt, schicke mir bitte eine Nachricht oder eine mail)

Holodoc, would you mind emailing him, his email is in the video. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this is important enough not to be allowed to escape. I'm sure there are a lot of train fans that would love to know what he's using. Ask him for some internal photo's and the parts he's using.

Holodoc, would you mind emailing him, his email is in the video. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this is important enough not to be allowed to escape. I'm sure there are a lot of train fans that would love to know what he's using. Ask him for some internal photo's and the parts he's using.

I did, but I wanted to give him some time to explain it himself. default_blink.gif

So much for now: Deejay is selling his invention:

EDIT: TLC asked deejay not to sell his creation, or better, they insisted in doing so. Deejay then asked me to remove the details here.

But let's wait and see what deejay is going to say.

Okay, sorry. Now i try my best in English. (It´s not the Best) :)

There is a little micromotor inside. It is only switched the polarity.

Without limit because the switches are momentary.

It´s a lot of work. When you are interested you can call me.

When i have time, i´ll post some Pictures.

I did, but I wanted to give him some time to explain it himself. default_blink.gif

Thanks for your efforts.

So much for now: Deejay is selling his invention: Control panel + expansion kit for 4 switches + 4 motors = 120€. The components can also be ordered individually.

Ouch, I don't think I can afford that. It appears to be a nice system though, so I guess some people will. I'll pin my hopes on a more open community development.

I'm quite interested in those micromotors, would buy them for that price. A group-buy would be great.

But If you could post some pictures of the inside, it'll be easier to judge if it's worth it.

But it would be great if there would be a more standard way of connecting them, or / and a wireless solution (Not necessarily compatible with the PF IR system.

I do really like this, small, and very simple! And not too intrusive for larger loco's passing the points.

That said 120€ price tag is not terrible, but it is a lot, expecially considering you would need 2, 3 or probably more of these for a reasonble sized layout

I would be interested in how long the cabling is, although looking at it I'm sure that is easily extended with some simple speaker wire. I would prefer if the switches were a little more clunky, more like a light switch?

Some very nice ideas to take away from this though.

Edited by Seany

Deejay, thanks for the response. And don't worry, your English is better than some of the native speakers on this board.

I see there are many of us that are interested in these. Any more videos you are able to supply? And I agree with others, I think one set is great, but 2 of these would be ideal for a layout containing a yard.

When you said momentary, I was confused. Does that mean the switch will revert back, or does it stay in the position until switched again?

Please keep us updated on this project of yours. These switches are amazing!

When you said momentary, I was confused. Does that mean the switch will revert back, or does it stay in the position until switched again?

Momentary switches come in a few types, either ones where the current flows only while you hold them in place, or ones which only allow a pulse of current while the switch is being thrown which I think are the type being used here. In any case its one of the technical descriptions used when describing a switch. Momentary normally implies a longer pulse than say electronics would produce, somewhere between 1ms and 1s.

Please keep us updated on this project of yours. These switches are amazing!

I agree, I'm still interested in how they work.

Edited by peterab

Pictures coming soon. :)

In the Moment i have only my own Control Panel. It looks a little bit different. It´s with 8 switches. But at the weekend i take Pictures.

Which Standard way connection do you prefer zuerihb? Infraredconnection is for me not possible. :)

Only the wired Connection. There are only D-Sub pins in a Lego Bracket. You can change the Wire with your own lengths. I have only about 1,5m.

Seany: what do you mean with clunky?

The Switch revert back, but the Tracks keep in his position. => The Switches are: up(groping) Tracks left, middle stay, down (groping) Tracks right

I am glad that you liked my conversion ;)

Pictures coming soon. :)

In the Moment i have only my own Control Panel. It looks a little bit different. It´s with 8 switches. But at the weekend i take Pictures.

Which Standard way connection do you prefer zuerihb? Infraredconnection is for me not possible. :)

Only the wired Connection. There are only D-Sub pins in a Lego Bracket. You can change the Wire with your own lengths. I have only about 1,5m.

The Switch revert back, but the Tracks keep in his position. => The Switches are: up(groping) Tracks left, middle stay, down (groping) Tracks right

I am glad that you liked my conversion ;)

Standard as in a plug / socket combination which already exists, I don't care if it's a 12v compatible cable or those little plugs model railroader use.

Will it be possible to reverse the polarity, to configure it more to the needs of the layout? (i.e. Press Up for switching to the track further apart from the user.)

By clunky I mean something a bit more solid for use, as a picture says a thousand words:

U62COLEE0207.gif

Really its only so I can include the children if they want to play, their little fingers could use something like that much easier.

I missed out on the other eras and started with PF/RC so something like this is brilliant!

i think the key part is the little actuator on the point. the box and switches is nicely done, but could be extended or done more compactly to have as many switches as you have points. job well done. as some folks would likely run out of colours it may be an idea to use numbered tiles instead.

So, here are some Pictures. The second is the Controlpanel from my little son. I have 8 Switches inside.

The first Picture shows the Switch. I think it´s clunky enough. :) My Kidz can used them good.

post-16002-129839803822.jpg

post-16002-129906573726.jpg

Edited by deejay

So, here are some Pictures. The first is the Controlpanel from my little son. I have 8 Switches inside.

The Second Picture is the micromotor who ist inside the Switch.

The Third Picture shows the Switch. I think it´s clunky enough. :) My Kidz can used them good.

And the last Picture show my drilling device that everything is equal and sized perfect. :)

Oh finally Deejay,

thanks for sharing! :classic:

I use the same switches for my signals on blind tracks

12volt-072.jpg

Nice music in your videos! :tongue: