Geertos13

MOC : A series of Unfortunate Events

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello Fellow Eurobricks members,

I haven't posted a Harry Potter-thing since the Winter Break Contest, And as I haven't build any spectacular things since then, I thought I'd make a simple Vig of one of my favourites book series/movie. Lemony snicket's A series of Unfortunate Events

I've noticed that besides this Excelent Moc, there were not many Unfortunate Events MOCs or Vignettes at all.

I've read the 13 Books of the series over and over when I was younger and Today, this remains of my most favourites series.

For those who are strangers to the Series, A Series of Unfortunate Events is a series of children's/teenager's novels by Lemony Snicket (the pen name of American author Daniel Handler) which follows the lives of Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire after their parents' death in an house fire. The children are placed in the custody of their distant cousin Count Olaf, who begins to abuse them and openly plots to embezzle their inheritance. After the Baudelaires are removed from his care by their parents' estate executor, Arthur Poe, Olaf begins to doggedly hunt the children down, bringing about the serial slaughter and holocaust of a multitude of characters.

It was a very popular series as it was translated into 41 languages and sold more than 60 million copies. :thumbup:

I was bored, and in Desperate need of building something, I took some Bricks and Build this Vignette.

It was inspired by the first Book, The Bad Beginning, in which the Baudelaire Orphans discover that their entire house had burnt down and that their Parents died in the flames. I know it's not spectacular, but I'm planning on doing some more, bigger, and better MOCs. If you have any suggestions, feel free to give some ideas:grin:

5441142205_16039737b7_z.jpg

Here it is, the three Baudelaire children, standing in front of their burnt down house. The door arch has been completely burned down by the fire. On the floor, we can still identify some wood, parts of the floor have been spared by the flames. And so has been the small lamp, hanging above the front door. That Lamp, that wasn't orginally included, is a methaphorical sign of hope left for the Baudelaire Children :blush:

5441679564_199a8e44dd_z.jpg

5441677684_e635b52d90_z.jpg

The Minifigures, both inspired by the books and the movies have all been made of existing parts. Violet's dress is directly taken from Bellatrix, and fits the movie conterpart very well. ( See below )Sunny and Klaus were based of the books, because Klaus didn't have glasses in the movie. :angry: Baby sunny looks a bit too old though, But Lego never made a flesh baby for as far as I know, except the Horrible Toy Story piece. ( Anyone knows what head could look appropriate ?)

For those who are not familiar with the Movie, ( the one with Jim Carrey and Meryl Streep !!! :wub: ) I added a picture of it to see their looks.

lemony-snicket-2.jpg

Comments and Critics Appreciated.

As this is not an official Licensed theme, I'm not sure It Belongs here. But I didn't know where to place otherwise, so MOD's feel free to move it if necessary.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I've not seen the film or read the books, but the movie definitely has a very interesting look that you've captured very well here. I like the work on the burnt-down house - it does feel like it's falling apart. Also, perfect use of Bellatrix's dress for Violet. However, I'm with you on the part about baby Sunny looking too old, but I don't think there's very much you could do. It would be interesting if you perhaps built some burnt-down steps leading up to the house - just a suggestion!

I read the first couple of books a long long time ago. They were good. Never saw the film, though.

You're MOC is really cool. The clothing you chose for the characters are perfect, suits the Gothic tone very well. I like the yellow light hanging above them, like a tiny sliver of hope for the characters.

I like the MOC, though the figs look a little mismatched compared to the pic. I'd say this is the first aSoUE MOC I've seen, and likely ever. Good work. :thumbup:

Nice vig, my only criticism of it is that I think Anakin's hair would be better suited for the male sibling, but that's just me.

Nice vig, my only criticism of it is that I think Anakin's hair would be better suited for the male sibling, but that's just me.

Or the surfer hair in brown. Also, the boy needs a new head since he's not wearing glasses in the picture.

he's not wearing glasses in the picture.

He usually does though :wink:

Really like it! One of my favourite series when I was younger.

I hope to see more!

Gonna have to move this out of Licensed, seeing as SoUE is not licensed by Lego and some of the natives might revolt.

Moving it over to Special where misc and minifigs are the watchword :classic:

I read two or three of the books a few years ago, so I immediately remembered the scene you built. Nicely done! But now I want to see a Cound Olaf minifig!

ok, I'm just going to say: THANK YOU FOR TAKING RECOGNITION OF 'A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS'!!!!! no one ever knows what I'm talking about when I'm talking about those books! great vig. and awesome topic!!!! :classic: