Henchmen4Hire

Drone Destroyer

In response to the Space Police's acquirement of new attack ships, The Black Hole gang jealously commissioned a fleet of drone attack ships! With no need for heavy cumbersome life support systems usually required for a living passenger, the ships are sleek, lightweight, and unnervingly fast in ground combat.

They're piloted by an advanced AI displayed brazenly behind near indestructible orange "glass" (the manufacturers won't disclose what it's made of xD). The fatality rate for an average officer encountering one of these drones in 1 on 1 combat is over 80%. The only reason the Black Hole gang doesn't have more than a handful of them is because of how disgustingly expensive they are; The AI itself costs twice as much as the entire ship!

Sharp, sinister, sexy, get your Drone Destroyer today!

th_blackholedroneship2.jpg th_DSC_7999.jpg th_blackholedroneship7.jpg

DSC_8004.jpg

If you can't tell, I'm proud of this thing xD especially since it was cobbled together with scrap parts I never thought I'd use. I learned more building techniques things too and was surprised at how some of the area fit perfectly together.

I love the shape I ended up with, especially the rear since I usually leave that looking flat and boring.

Notes:

-Did some minor mods so some of the pics have a clip in front and some don't.

-The white thing on top is one of the new Ninjago skeleton arms, I'll switch it for black if I ever get one.

-The bar-piece it's attached to is clamped between the two wedges, there was no other way to secure it but it looks nice.

-The yellow stickers along the sides weren't intentional, that's just how they came form bricklink lol.

-Silver sparkle sticker on top will be replaced by a Black Hole Gang skull

-The underside is boring, I don't have any more pieces to greeble it... yet!

DSC_7997.jpg

blackholedroneship4.jpg

Here's a shot of the AI, will probably replace the gray grills with some neon green.

blackholedroneship9.jpg

It slips into the canopy and is held tight by friction, lol.

blackholedroneship8.jpg

I could probably modify the ship to fit a minifigure, but I don't feel like it right now.

blackholedroneship10.jpg

Comments! :)

Another nicely-done SP starfighter DrNightmare! I love the fact that you used AI for the pilot of this ship, it's practical and tactical at the same time. (reminds me a lot of the Separatists using droids against the clones of the Republic in the SW Clone Wars). Good work once again! :thumbup:

I really like your design. It looks sleek and menacing. :thumbup:

I almost gave it angry brick eyes 3005pb002.gif3005pb001.gif to make it even MORE MENACING!

Another nicely-done SP starfighter DrNightmare! I love the fact that you used AI for the pilot of this ship, it's practical and tactical at the same time. (reminds me a lot of the Separatists using droids against the clones of the Republic in the SW Clone Wars). Good work once again! :thumbup:

I recently started watching the Clone Wars cartoons, so that probably had a lot of influence here xD Also finally bought some Star Wars LEGO!

Very nice ship! :classic: The AI thing looks simple but brilliant. Sad a minifig doesn't fit...

Hello!

A nice and really compact assault craft. I guess that suits it well as a drone ship does not need all the space for life supports, consumables etc. :classic: I am not so fond of the four single red pieces. I think they rather disturb the nice dark colour scheme rather than contributing. Did you try yellow ones, because this would fit to the stickers on the wedges. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I'd rather get rid of the stickers, the red bits are there because it's a Black Hole Gang ship, they need red somewhere to fit the theme.

You're right though, it looks good without the color too! Thanks! :classic: