Sign in to follow this  
Brick Chick

WINTER BREAK: Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions

First of all, let me say that while I know that I do not have the experience, skills or Legos to compete against the wonderful entries I have seen, I am very proud of my own efforts as this is the best building I have ever created. And it was one of the most fun projects I have done in a long time. I would like to thank those who created this contest for us!

Whether you are in need of new dress robes for the Yule Ball, you’ve outgrown your school robes or you just want to pick up the latest fashions you’ve seen in Witch Weekly the place to go is Madam Malkin’s.

5376444142_25f0965dfb.jpg

Someone is looking longingly inside…

5376442808_ab73424869.jpg

Madam Malkin puts the final touches on a student’s uniform…

I think the dressing room is free if you want to try something on…

5375857909_6f367844b3.jpg

If you buy your Daily Prophet from the guy on the corner, watch out. The kid hiding behind him is pretty good at the Eraser charm.

5376444934_799a44ac85.jpg

The back window…

I appreciate any feedback but probably won’t have time to make improvements…

Thanks everyone! (Especially Cornelius for talking me through the use of Flickr!)

Edited by Brick Chick

Hi Brick Chick, welcome to the forums. Of course, everyone is welcome to join contests here and I must say you did a pretty good job with your first contest entry here in EB. One minor suggestion I would make is to put some snow/white pieces in your entry so that it'll fit the 'Winter Break' description. Regarding resizing photos, there are plenty of programs you could use like MS Office Picture Manager, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, etc. Alternatively, you could choose to upload it in flickr (you'll need to make an account) which gives you the choice of various image sizes. Remember that EB's image size limit is 800x600 pixels max.Good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Welcome, Tasha! Great job on your building. The windows are particularly excellent and the roof is nicely shaped.

Edited by CorneliusMurdock

Great idea for the contest! I love the windows and the shape of the roof, and the colour scheme is lovely. Well done, and good puck in the contest!

This is a great MOC! I love the roof and how you did the dressing room is very intresting! Well done and welcome to Eurobricks :classic:

Pompommini out :classic:

I think you've doen a really good job here.

Love the idea of the dressing room. Could you may be add some more minifig mannequins and some different robes? I think you could make the layout a bit bigger and lose the external rear wall to extend the brick limit you've got.

well done!