Name: Sunblock

Theme: LEGO Games

Year: 2011

Pieces: 80

Price: 12.00€

Brickset

LEGO.com

Objectives

The aim of this game is to be the last person on the beach. Through the data is possible to move the chairs, the rubbish bins, and parasols.

When an opponent put the trash bin beside the beach chair from another player, this has to remove the chair and put it elsewhere. If the player lay down some parasol, trash bin, or another chair, loses the game. If you have no place to put your beach chair, you lose the game.

The box

Starting with the box:

Front

The design is quite attractive. It was the first set that caught my attention when I bought it.

dsc04858.jpg

Here is an approximate plan of the box.

dsc04860.jpg

At the bottom left is the age group that are intended to play, the number of people who can play, and time of each game.

dsc04859.jpg

Back

Summary of the game in several languages.

dsc04861.jpg

Right

Appears again the information related to the game, as well as an image of the "board".

dsc04862.jpg

Inside

Here is the contents of the box. Bring two bags (one with the smaller pieces), a base (which will be the sand), the rules, and assembly instructions.

dsc04863.jpg

dsc04864.jpg

The box contains a small picture that illustrates how to pack up the different pieces.

dsc04869.jpg

Contents

LEGO dice

dsc04865.jpg

Bag 1

dsc04872.jpg

Bag 2

dsc04870.jpg

The little crab inside the bag 1.

dsc04873.jpg

Instructions

Instructions + Rules.

dsc04866.jpg

Page of rules (in Portuguese).

dsc04867.jpg

Random page

A random page of the assembly instructions.

dsc04868.jpg

Bag 1

Contents of bag 1.

dsc04874.jpg

Bag 2

Contents of bag 2.

dsc04875.jpg

Complete set

The complete set after 5 minutes of playing. :laugh:

dsc04887.jpg

The complete set after I lose. :thumbup:

dsc04888.jpg

Other photos

dsc04883.jpg

dsc04879.jpg

dsc04885.jpg

How to play

Summer's here and you've found the perfect spot on the beach, but so has everyone else! Move the sunshades and rubbish bins to make the other go home. The last person on the beach wins!

There are 4 different sunshades:

The big sunshade

dsc04905.jpg

The yellow sunshade

dsc04907.jpg

The red sunshade

dsc04906.jpg

The blue sunshade

dsc04904.jpg

The different items

dsc049032.jpg

If you role a yellow, red or blue you take the sunshade matching the colour you rolled and place ir firmly onto an empty beach space so that it stands up straight.

If you role the big sunshade you move it to a different position on the beach.

If you role a brown you move your beach chair to a different position on the beach. You may not place your chair side-to-side with another chair, and may not place next to a rubbish bin.

If you role a orange, you move any rubbish bin to a different position on the beach. You must place the bin firmly onto an empty beach space. If there are now any beach chairs on any of the eight spaces around the rubbish bin those players must immediately move their chairs to a different positions on the beach.

If you knock anything off the beach, cannot place or move an item on your turn, you are out of the game

Summary

Playability: 9/10 - It was really fun to play Sunblock. I played three times in a row and does not bother me at all. Quite fun and gave a little laugh. I've only played against one person. With four people at a time should be the best.

Price: 10/10 - Cheap and very fun game. Beyond that, it contains 80 pieces and a crab. € 0.15 per piece. :laugh:

Final: 9/10 - Very fun game, but each game takes no more than 15 minutes. Good to pass the time, and spend a good bit laughing.

Note: If the pictures are too big, a moderator please edit, or tell me how to.

Edited by WhiteFang
Indexed and poll added

Thanks for this review. I see we get a new crow bar instead of the old wrench, and I like those umbrella pieces. Mind showing us how this game is played?

Thanks for this review. I see we get a new crow bar instead of the old wrench, and I like those umbrella pieces. Mind showing us how this game is played?

Yes, sure. Tomorrow I will take photos to explain, ok? Now it's night here, and the photos would be bad.

Regards

Two words: pink tiles. :cry_happy:

Anyway, thanks for putting this review and the many photos up.

How to play added. :classic:

Regards

That's one pretty good looking review. The set looks okay too, I do like the addition of the crowbar instead of wrench. I like printed umbrellas. :thumbup:

Thanks for the look, though this game is probably my lowest priority out of the five Wave 4 ones. The parts list doesn't excite me much. Still, I'll end up getting it anyway.

That's one pretty good looking review. The set looks okay too, I do like the addition of the crowbar instead of wrench. I like printed umbrellas. :thumbup:

Thanks. :wink:

Regards

Thanks for the excellent review The Player, the game looks fun but doesn't seem to have any really useful pieces so I think I'll skip this one.

Thanks for adding gameplay. It's a pretty simple concept, people are afraid of stinky trash so they run away :tongue:

Nice review.

Kids got this game last saturday at a lower price (7 euro), nice.

Only played it once (busy busy weekend) so far with our 4 year old son. Was fun to do. Nice, clean and quick gameplay.

I like the Lego games we have collected thus far (shave a sheep, robo champ, magikus, race3000 and now sunblock).

Shave a Sheep is most family fun but the others go well. Magikus is our daughters favourite.

Nice review, thanks. I don't like the actual games themselves as they are made for children. The gameplay with any of them is quite simple but some of the parts included make them irresistible. I have bought a few on clearance for the parts and wouldn't mind having this one too but I wouldn't pay full price.