Sign in to follow this  
Diidy

MOC: Rice field

indexed.gif

Hi all, here is my next vig. I hope you like it. :classic:

5357551719_59875921b3_z.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Excellent little vig 'Diidy' - like the water flow effect and interesting hoe to dig in the fields with ! :thumbup:

Brick On 'Diidy' ! :grin:

This is definitely an interesting subject for a little MOC, and you have built in a nice tidy style, the transparent plates go nicely for the flooded field. This is just my opinion, but I do think that tiles for the grass and mud make it too smooth though, having the grass represented by studs might have made a nice contrast to the smooth (and wet) mud.

Very awesome. :laugh:

My mother actually worked on a few rice paddies in the Philippines, so naturally I showed this to her and she pointed out the things she used to do. =)

I especially love the little rice bowl and chop sticks. It adds a nice touch.

Very nice little vignette Diidy! I could very well relate with this build as I see a lot of these rice fields here in our country. I think you captured this small patch very well, the only thing I don't understand is the bamboo shoot since I don't recall seeing any in the middle of rice fields I've seen. But that's just minor and this is still a very well done MOC! :thumbup:

My mother actually worked on a few rice paddies in the Philippines, so naturally I showed this to her and she pointed out the things she used to do. =)

So you got Pinoy blood my friend? :classic:

This looks very authentic! Good job! I especially like the little bowl of rice with the chop sticks.

Thanks for all comments. :sweet:

ED-209 : I know about this piece, but I donĀ“t like it. IMO Tan dish looks as well as this hat and is cheaper. :wink:

I like how the border of dark tan tiles serves a double purpose here. It seems to hold in your trans bricks on one hand, and frame it like a miniature Zen garden on the other (or even a bento meal as your little chopsticks remind me). I like the rich and earthy colors, too.