Sign in to follow this  
MightySlickPancake

Japanese tea house

indexed.gif

Here is my new MOC, a japanese tea house. I havent based this of anything so some details may be completaly wrong :blush:.

Edit: Its been a while but some major changes have take place. There is now a path joing the hut and building, bridge, stream and the tea house has a new roof.

So here it is;

tea_house_-_13.jpg

tea_house_-_14.jpg

tea_house_-_15.jpg

tea_house_-_17.jpg

tea_house_-_18.jpg

tea_house_-_20.jpg

Inside of the tea house with a man drinking tea.

tea_house_-_22.jpg

tea_house_-_23.jpg

Samurai attack on the Ninja outlaws.

tea_house_-_24.jpg

tea_house_-_26.jpg

Brickshelf (when moderated) here

Hope you like it, CB

Edited by Rufus
indexed

Nicely done MOC crabboy! There are some interesting techniques you did on this build, particularly the smooth brick roof. It really has that Japanese feel into it, from the basic design of the structures to the minifgs used. Good job! :thumbup:

Great MOC! It has a very Japanese feel and look to it. The minifigs used work well. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Awesome, I love this! Very nice look to everything, I particularly like the little stall.

The table in the tea house, does it have a 1x3 plate underneath the 2x4 plate?

It seems there were plenty of Asia-inspired builds posted here Saturday that I seem to have missed! I'm a great admirer of the art of tea ceremony, and I too have rendered it a tribute in the brick. The tea house's SNOT window using the 2-stud:5-plate ratio is really nice, though it could use to be bit bigger - the same ratio can be easily continued if needed. I also wish to complement the okichigi you have on the merchant's kiosk; although simple in form, the orientation of those bricks isn't always easy.

Thanks for the comment oo7 :blush:, I can tell you know what you are talking about (You where also my biggest inspiration). I have made some changes and have updated the first post. Hope you guys like it :sweet:.

Thanks, CB