Sign in to follow this  
Blackknight112

MOC: Destroyer droid

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello, I made this destroyer droid. It is not true minfig scale, but it is the best I can do. Sorry if there are any bad pictures.

5345677037_55d7d83ebb.jpg

5346288546_185c4c2569.jpg

now in roll mode:

5345678783_99e696fd3c.jpg

I know it doesnt roll to well. But it was hard to make and this is the best one I made. Hope yoe enjoyed and comments and advice are welcome.

Your pictures are fine. (just a bit dark) While not minifigure scale I think it's good looking. I think the ball mode is cool! :thumbup:

Very nice work! Although I feel that the inside of him needs a little more, the fact that he can actually roll up is extremely clever. Good job! :thumbup:

Not bad. To me it looks more like a modded version if TLG's old one, but maybe that's just me. The back plate is well done.

Nicely done Blackknight112, the rolling mode looks pretty good, I'm not really familiar if TLG's version could do that also.

The old one can, the new one... well the new one is a major step backwards in terms of both functionality and aesthetics.

Very nice, a fine droideka indeed. At this point, all you can do is scale down, think of as replacements for currently attached pieces that would be smaller, and/or (preferably both) more accurate. Of the top of my head-CW commander pistols, instead of antennas. Stuff like that. Good luck on this, can't wait to see where you go with this. :thumbup:

P.s.-I love the rolling technique, beautiful :wub: .

CW commander pistols, instead of antennas.

Those would be even wider than the antenna. Best solution I've found for the head is a Plate 1 x 1 with horizontal clip clipped to a Tile 1 x 1, with a hand inside the tile and on either side of the clip.

Those would be even wider than the antenna. Best solution I've found for the head is a Plate 1 x 1 with horizontal clip clipped to a Tile 1 x 1, with a hand inside the tile and on either side of the clip.

That depends on you method of attachment, strait on they're too wide. Those hands are just waiting to snap off, and fly across the room. :laugh: It depends if Blackknight wants to use those techniques, or stick with conventional ones.

Edited by brickartist