Brickdoctor

[MOC] Forestman+Elf=

indexed.gif

forestmanelf_1.jpg

Just a quickie I whipped up in around half an hour combining the S3 elf face and longbow with the Classic Forestmen. I seem to be coming up with a lot of ideas for historic MOCs lately, which I suppose is good after 3 years of nothing but Star Wars.

forestmanelf_3.jpg

These new elf longbows put my classic ones to shame. I think my elves are going to settle for spears and swords, 'cause these bows are staying with the Forestmen and the classic ones are going to be handed down to two of my Ewoks.

forestmanelf_5.jpg

I was looking for something for the archers to shoot at, and the remains of Onward! were still lying around, so I grabbed the Spartans, took off their capes, and gave them back their standard equipment.

Finished January 2011, more on Flickr, MOCpages, and Brickshelf (when public). C&C welcome!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Another great scene buddy! :classic:

You sure have a knack for positioning minifigs, because these are awesome. I agree that the new bows put the old ones to shame. Were the old ones even able to be held in the same position with both hands on it?

I agree that the new bows put the old ones to shame. Were the old ones even able to be held in the same position with both hands on it?

Yep.

Very nice Brickdocter! :thumbup: Half an hour's great work! :wub:

I love the forest man fig, and can't wait to get my hands on the elf.

Keep it up!

CF

Very nice ambush scene Doc! :thumbup: I agree with prateek, the positioning of the minifigs are very effective. The whole build looks really very 'clean' especially with the well-built base.

Very nice ambush scene Doc! :thumbup: I agree with prateek, the positioning of the minifigs are very effective. The whole build looks really very 'clean' especially with the well-built base.

Thanks. :classic:

Because of my devotion to SW, all I've got for castle is whatever little things I've picked up over the years. I decided to build small, but give those small scenes an elegant look. The base helps make it seem a little bigger than it is, and when I'm limited to 4-5 minifigs max per scene, the posi g of each and every character is important.

I've got another one brewing, I think I'll expand to a 16x8 bignette and see how things go.

I really like this one. 200% archer awesomeness is indeed true. The cliff looks great but my favorite part are the archer minifigs.

Hoses again prove to be very useful! It works with almost every weapon.

I hope to see more from you soon. :classic::thumbup:

Nice vignette there! You can literally feel the action in the scene, I like it! :classic:

Cheers!

Now that's really something! You can really see what's going on here with the ambush and the line of spartans soon to have a surprise! I picture in my mind that this is a cliffy (can you say that?) area near the ocean and the spartans are making their way through.

Great use of parts and it's simple yet very effective. I want to see more scenes like this!

Now that's really something! You can really see what's going on here with the ambush and the line of spartans soon to have a surprise! I picture in my mind that this is a cliffy (can you say that?) area near the ocean and the spartans are making their way through.

Great use of parts and it's simple yet very effective. I want to see more scenes like this!

Thanks. In my mind this was actually a mountain pass, but that's the beauty of these vigs in that they have no set location.

Excellent MOC! I too like the positioning of the minifigs and the clever usage of the Brown Pneumatic Hose. The scenery is realistic and detailed. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~