turambar

Winter break: Draco is home

Draco came home for winter break, Lucios ia about to greet his only son.

img_0283.jpg

Portrait of Salazar Slytherin

img_0292.jpg

Deatheater

img_0312.jpg

img_0316.jpg

Doby´s place

img_0322.jpg

Very nice! Great idea for the contest, by the way. I recognized Slytherin somehow before I read it in the description. I love the way you made the 'corridor' to the basement, with the descending arches. Good work!

Excellent entry turambar! I simply love how you built the staircase, chandelier, and Slytherin's portrait - all very well done. The yellowing grey bricks also add a realistic color variation on the walls, and the overall aura of this build is just perfect for the Malfoy manor. Great job on this and best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Edited by KielDaMan

Great MOC! It was a good idea to build the Malfoy Mansion. It is very realistic and highly detailed. :classic:

Very well done. :thumbup:

~buddy~

I have no knowledge of Harry Potter beyond the first movie so to me this just seems like a cool build. IHowever it manages to evoke a grand space brilliantly without being grand. There's just enough of the architectre to let the brain fill in the empty spaces and see the whole hall. it's magical. very very well put together. :thumbup:

Beautiful interior, turambar. :sweet: It looks very much like I'd imagined the Malfoy Manor from the inside. A very cold place with a severe atmosphere. The coloured bricks certainly help with creating the idea that the Manor is already a long time in the hands of the family. The chandelier is very magical. The portrait looks great, the effect of it is nice because it's a bit more in the back of the wall. The various furnish is also lovely. I especially like the details like Dobby's place and the archway going down at the back. Great job and good luck! :thumbup:

This is a brilliant concept. I have been experimenting with similar designs, but yours is way beyond what I've come up with. Thanks for the great idea and fantastic execution.

That's pretty awesome. The simplicity of the design is what makes it so good. The idea of the Salazaar Slytherin painting is very original. One question: Does the door to Dobby's room open?

It's quite an austere setting, and conveys that cold and sinister mood of the Malfoy Manor excellently. The antiquities fit in just right with the entire area. That shot with Lucius coming down the stairs looks perfect too. Fantastic :thumbup:

Thanks for replys, I am glad you like it.

@Sortinghatsmells: the door is more decorational than practical.

Oh good Lord!! *huh* Those stairs are amazing and the idea is great! I like the designing and those little details very very much! :classic: Thank you from the pics!